Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28  All

Author Topic: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (TOWN WINS!)  (Read 77698 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #600 on: May 28, 2018, 05:52:13 pm »

I really don't understand the plan.  I mean, I can definitely shoot tonight if everyone agrees, but town's power is its vote (unless you have magic PR abilities like Robz), and if I successfully shoot PPS and scum successfully kills, then we have just lost a day.

I mean, if we get results that find the last scum, awesome, but I don't know why it helps to have the extra kill.

It helps because we need to eliminate suspects. The town's collective wisdom here is influenced by people of unknown alignment, and I'd like to cut down on those.

I mean, I haven't exactly run the numbers, so if you can present a good argument for not shooting, please do so. But we essentially have to just eliminate as many not-me, not-DS, not-Space (tonight at least) people as possible, because right now we're looking for scum among them. You aren't going to accidentally shoot a PR. You aren't going to accidentally conflict with something a town PR is doing, since our town PRs are informed of exactly which player you are shooting.

Also, if you're scum, you can possibly double kill later for the win. This deprives you of that option.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 28, 2018, 06:09:49 pm »

So Robz directs the vig because OMGUS, how classy.

I think these are reasonable arguments to make considering this is directly in line with something I would try to pull. Kim not advocating a Robz lynch I just want an I told you so for posterity if it proves to be true. Same for space.

Meanwhile I am fine with lynching Cuzz, e, and Awaclus in that order because the first is probably scum and is the easiest lynch, the second because he’s the vig and I think he could be scum and well nuff said and the last because he is the last option outside of the unlynchables. FWIW, short of mod confirmed IC status I don’t think anyone should be unlynchable and I detest that it happens so frequently and people get punished for resisting it.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 28, 2018, 06:10:56 pm »

But if the case that I consider all options is so scummy why don’t you just vote me out instead and put your vote where your mouth is?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 28, 2018, 06:12:41 pm »

I do take Cuzz’s defeatist attitude as demotivated scum.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 28, 2018, 06:17:12 pm »

I do take Cuzz’s defeatist attitude as demotivated scum.

Scum doesn’t get demotivated when they’re about to lose the game. They get antsy and frantic and give wild theories about how the cop who caught 2 scum might actually be scum himself.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 28, 2018, 06:18:36 pm »

It is'nt OMGUS, I don't normally think suspecting me is suspicious. Continuing to raise the possibility that I am scum in this specific case is what's suspicious.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 28, 2018, 06:19:24 pm »

But if the case that I consider all options is so scummy why don’t you just vote me out instead and put your vote where your mouth is?

It's functionally the same, we can vote out you and shoot Cuzz if you prefer.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 28, 2018, 07:34:14 pm »

I really don't understand the plan.  I mean, I can definitely shoot tonight if everyone agrees, but town's power is its vote (unless you have magic PR abilities like Robz), and if I successfully shoot PPS and scum successfully kills, then we have just lost a day.

I mean, if we get results that find the last scum, awesome, but I don't know why it helps to have the extra kill.

It helps because we need to eliminate suspects. The town's collective wisdom here is influenced by people of unknown alignment, and I'd like to cut down on those.

I mean, I haven't exactly run the numbers, so if you can present a good argument for not shooting, please do so. But we essentially have to just eliminate as many not-me, not-DS, not-Space (tonight at least) people as possible, because right now we're looking for scum among them. You aren't going to accidentally shoot a PR. You aren't going to accidentally conflict with something a town PR is doing, since our town PRs are informed of exactly which player you are shooting.

Also, if you're scum, you can possibly double kill later for the win. This deprives you of that option.

The problem with my shooting tonight is that worst case scenario is that we only have 4 alive starting tomorrow, which turns into a mylo no-lynch situation, which I guess is not terrible.  I mean, we could always just win tonight with a shot. 

My thinking is that I trust the town collective over my own reads every time.  I have a terrible track record of actually nailing down scum, and my top suspects are usually town (you know, like I thought Robz was scum earlier this game).  That being said, a directed vig shot is using the town collective.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 28, 2018, 08:01:32 pm »

The problem with my shooting tonight is that worst case scenario is that we only have 4 alive starting tomorrow, which turns into a mylo no-lynch situation, which I guess is not terrible.  I mean, we could always just win tonight with a shot. 

I mean, it's the difference between having 4 alive, or having 4 alive + someone of uncertain alignment who is rather suspicious. Isn't it self apparent that the former scenario is better?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 28, 2018, 08:07:26 pm »

I mean, it's the difference between having 4 alive, or having 4 alive + someone of uncertain alignment who is rather suspicious. Isn't it self apparent that the former scenario is better?

I suppose you are right.  I mean, my shooting would basically be like our lynch for tomorrow if it comes down to that. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 28, 2018, 08:12:29 pm »

or we just lynch/kill scum.

sounds good

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 28, 2018, 08:47:54 pm »

It is'nt OMGUS, I don't normally think suspecting me is suspicious. Continuing to raise the possibility that I am scum in this specific case is what's suspicious.

I brought it back up as parting thoughts because I thought we were about to end the day and I get vigged tonight. I didn’t realize we were going to have actual discussion. I’d like to feel vindicated by flipping town on you but I have legitimate fears about losing the game instead. That you keep using this as a means for suspicion on me is what keeps my suspicion alive so it is a mutual dynamic.

I’d like to hear how this not working out beautifully is going to implicate space. That whole bit is raising alarms as well. It certainly looks like preemptive setting up the final mislynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 28, 2018, 08:50:42 pm »

Your opinions are bafflingly terrible.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 28, 2018, 09:25:30 pm »

I actually have a pretty solid defense. Faust, who flipped town, thought I was town. Faust never, ever thinks I am town. If faust thinks I am town then I am practically an IC.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 28, 2018, 09:38:47 pm »

I actually have a pretty solid defense. Faust, who flipped town, thought I was town. Faust never, ever thinks I am town. If faust thinks I am town then I am practically an IC.

I'm going to stick with my gut, which tells me that casting doubt on a virtual IC is something scum does here.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:26 pm »

If it’s all the same, let’s just do this and win now then.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 28, 2018, 11:02:15 pm »

If it’s all the same, let’s just do this and win now then.

Do which?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 28, 2018, 11:03:22 pm »

The votes are already on Cuzz, so let's do it this way. We can lynch Cuzz now. DS, E, Space: remember your instructions.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 28, 2018, 11:49:39 pm »

The votes are already on Cuzz, so let's do it this way. We can lynch Cuzz now. DS, E, Space: remember your instructions.

K. vote: Cuzz

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 29, 2018, 07:30:10 am »

Vote: Cuzz

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #620 on: May 29, 2018, 08:09:46 am »

Vote Count 4.Final

Cuzz (4): Awaclus, Robz888, Cuzz, pingpongsam

Note Voting (3):  2.71828....., datswan, SpaceAnemone

With 7 alive, it took 4 to lynch. Night 4 starts now and ends on May 31 at 8 AM forum time.

Cuzz was Josh Hoberman a Student aligned Universal Backup

Thread locked!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 08:10:51 am by mcmcsalot »
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #621 on: May 31, 2018, 08:43:48 am »

pingpongsam died!

He was Fen, a student-aligned vanilla townie.

Vote Count 5.0

Note Voting (5): Robz888, 2.71828....., datswan, Awaclus, SpaceAnemone

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Day 5 starts now and ends on June 7th at 8:00AM forum time.

Thread unlocked!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 31, 2018, 08:54:15 am »

I followed the plan and shot PPS. I think only one kill confirms DatSwan as doctor, which is awesome. Unless space is JK and prevented the kill.

Disappointed that we didn't finish scum off yesterday, but I think we are in a very good position moving forward.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 31, 2018, 11:53:13 am »

This is where I stand right now on everyone not me:

IC level - Robz - I think I said this yesterday, but if he is scum that outed two partners, gg, you win.  I do not think that is the case here at all.
Almost IC level - DatSwan - I think the lack of a second kill last night means DS protected the right person
Suspect - Space - Need the full claim and everything, but I know Robz wasn't fully convinced they were town based on their neighborhood discussions, need to know more to see what I think
Most suspect - Awaclus - Last VT remaining, POE gets me here, and I am ok with that.

Hopefully we have some results and such back that firmly implicate the last scum and this post is moot, but we will see.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 31, 2018, 12:13:15 pm »

Well, first thing's first: DatSwan, who did you protect last night?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.