Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (TOWN WINS!)  (Read 77649 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2018, 05:12:01 pm »

also regarding the PPS claim thing -
I do not really get what PPS would gain out of this as either Town or Skum.
What he gets out of it is the excitement of claiming something. That's all PPS really needs.

so I can't tell if this is a joke or not lol
It' tongue-in-cheek, but really PPS is well-known for making all sorts of unnecessary claims as either alignment. When I was scum with him, he was positively obsessed about what to claim when.

Yup, PPS is a player who likes things to be exciting. When I was scum with him, on my very first ever scum game, I ended up talking him out of claiming stuff.. it worked especially well because when caught (for a scum-slip) and lynched he mentioned that his partner had talked him out of stuff, and so most people thought it wouldn't have been the innocent noob :-)

This reminds me: I meant to point out that PPS's claim at #190 is a lie because he's been scum with me in NM8, though I guess he's more likely to have forgotten than actually lied on purpose.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2018, 05:29:07 pm »

their normal self
Reading this again a suddenly became very confused about whether this should read "their normal self" or "their normal selves".

"Self" as a singular is good :-) I've come across plenty of people who object to the use of "they/them" as a singular pronoun because taking plural-sounding verb forms is too weird, partly because some languages use plural-sounding verbs and pronouns and stuff as a mark of importance... so I'm happiest to downplay the pluralness of the pronoun form in this case. Going as far as "they is" instead of "they are" is a bit too non-standard for my taste, though there are other ungendered pronoun sets that do take singular verb forms, and I guess those sound more normal with the self/selves issue too.

I might feel bad for such a big non-game-relevant distraction, but this game is stalling badly, so at least people accusing me of excess fluff will give us something to talk about :-P

(Also, Robz can scumread me for the emoticon).
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2018, 05:32:01 pm »

Anyone know what's up with schadd? He doesn't have an active VLA posted, but he did say he wasn't going to be participating much in D1.. which seems odd because I thought D1 shenanigans was the bit he tended to enjoy most. Hey @schadd, please exist some more :-)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2018, 05:44:06 pm »

Nah I think you're town
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2018, 05:58:58 pm »

Day 1 read list to do something I guess.

1  = town 10 = scum

1: Robz888 6.1(mild scum read)
2: 2.71828..... 5(yup)
3: Jimmmmm 6.3(just really for lurkiness i guess but thats pretty standard if I recall)
4: Hydrad 0(IC)
5: pingpongsam 4.5(pretty much neutral)
6: datswan 3.8(kinda like him so far)
7: Xxraptorslayer96 6(I have no past data to back this up)
8: Witherweaver 4.2(ur ok)
9: schadd 5(hasn't been able to be around much)
10: Cuzz 6.4(no real reason)
11: Awaclus 3.2(I actually like awaclus here)
12: Faust 6.7(scummiest read actually, mainly just because I don't feel like i'm getting the usual town!faust vibes I remember having. But at the same time I havn't played in a while that the vibes could be off. Plus scum likes to kill faust anyways so I don't think I'll vote here today)
13: SpaceAnemonie 4(ur now towny)
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2018, 06:00:37 pm »

Nah I think you're town
Woah that meme is even older than my f.ds lifespan.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2018, 06:20:52 pm »

The deadline is not that much more than 48 hours away. I intend to go to bed by about 6pm forum time on Friday night because I have an early start on the Saturday. So can we have some good wagons starting around now, please?

I dislike pushing lurker lynches because when I'm super-busy I turn into a lurker too, and real life isn't that easy to control.

I'm in two minds about Awaclus; he's stubborn enough that he might be blinding himself to the obvious downsides, or he might be town in the top spot who's taken something the rest of us might not expect and thinks he can use this tactic to the benefit of town. Anyway, I'd happily move to a wagon with a stronger scum-case, if anyone's making cases.

Class List:
1: Robz888 -- (10 posts) not seeming scummy for now. I agree with him a lot. His case against PPS is about the most fleshed-out thing we've seen.
2: 2.71828..... -- (11 posts) Also not seeming scummy for now, but has taken up against Robz over PPS a little, which is at least interesting.
3: Jimmmmm -- (8 posts) Sparse, but keeping up and acting like a town (evolving reads).
4: Hydrad -- (21 posts) Super-active and chatty to start with. Sparse now. U-turns on claiming quite quickly after my explanation, but then kinda goes after me instead. Not super-townie, but also clearly someone who's missing the drafting-game meta from earlier drafts, so he has more to work out here than some of us do.
5: pingpongsam -- (7 posts) Very PPS-ish. Would consider voting for him, but equally would be happy leaving him be because even if he is scum, he's likely to do something wacky and out himself. I feel that way about the possibility of scum!PPS most games.
6: datswan -- (13 posts) Lends surprisingly much credence to Awaclus early on. Several posts are low-content or repeats. I like that he replied thoroughly to my little survey, though I disagree with some of his stance.
7: Xxraptorslayer96 -- (3 posts) Not much to go on!
8: Witherweaver -- (15 posts) "Congratulations on your Ascension" is my favourite post of the game so far. Why the vote on e after a whole string of posts engaging with other stuff in the game and not at all with e or anything he'd been saying?
9: schadd -- (5 posts) At least he's managed to include some townreads and a vote in there. Not sure why my question to Awaclus won a "hmmmm".
10: Cuzz -- (4 posts) Needs more content. Even if you ignore the "non-fun" mechanics discussions, there's enough out there to say some stuff about by now.
11: Awaclus -- (29 posts) I don't think he's being pro-town, but whether it's innate or calculated is harder to judge.
12: Faust -- (30 posts) Very fausty. He knows by now that I'll scumread him for bad logic, so it's not that surprising that he hasn't shown any. I keep agreeing with him on small comments and stuff, so I feel like it's a town brain behind his posts.
13: SpaceAnemone -- (21 posts) Being tied in third for most prolific poster over D1 is not normal for me, but enjoying talking about drafting stuff totally is. Spaaaaaace :-)

PPE 3: Aww, I'm not even the first person to go through the whole class list now!

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2018, 07:09:13 pm »

also one thing you might not know about me space.

generally I'm a lurker. I can usually post a lot during the RVS stages of the game because those posts hold no weight. But once we start getting into the game I get scared to post as I always think that people might see the post I'm about to make as a scum post. So then I end up not posting anything.

I'm trying to fix it slowly by just kinda posting whatever i'm thinking and see how that does. But I expect i'll never be a high post count person.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2018, 09:02:36 pm »

also regarding the PPS claim thing -
I do not really get what PPS would gain out of this as either Town or Skum.
What he gets out of it is the excitement of claiming something. That's all PPS really needs.

so I can't tell if this is a joke or not lol
It' tongue-in-cheek, but really PPS is well-known for making all sorts of unnecessary claims as either alignment. When I was scum with him, he was positively obsessed about what to claim when.

Yup, PPS is a player who likes things to be exciting. When I was scum with him, on my very first ever scum game, I ended up talking him out of claiming stuff.. it worked especially well because when caught (for a scum-slip) and lynched he mentioned that his partner had talked him out of stuff, and so most people thought it wouldn't have been the innocent noob :-)

This reminds me: I meant to point out that PPS's claim at #190 is a lie because he's been scum with me in NM8, though I guess he's more likely to have forgotten than actually lied on purpose.

I didn’t forget nor did I lie. The whole point I was making revolved around scum reading you when I can’t know your alignment. Clearly if we are partners I know your alignment and don’t need to read you to figure it out. For anyone still unclear Space’s first game was as a scum partner with me.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2018, 09:03:23 pm »

Vote: faust
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2018, 10:30:30 pm »

generally I'm a lurker. I can usually post a lot during the RVS stages of the game because those posts hold no weight. But once we start getting into the game I get scared to post as I always think that people might see the post I'm about to make as a scum post. So then I end up not posting anything.

I'm trying to fix it slowly by just kinda posting whatever i'm thinking and see how that does. But I expect i'll never be a high post count person.

vote: Hydrad

This is the kind of scummy post that scum makes thinking they would say the same thing as town when they actually wouldn’t.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2018, 10:34:46 pm »

I am sort of getting a scum read on Hydrad FWIW. Lots of try-hard posts that say very little, and the attempt at overly-precise reads seems forced.

Vote: Hydrad

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2018, 10:56:31 pm »

vote: Hydrad

This is the kind of scummy post that scum makes thinking they would say the same thing as town when they actually wouldn’t.

see and this is kinda what I thought when I posted it. But I decided to go with it anyways and I don't regret it. This is new Hydrad who will attempt to not lurk as much but might get lynched for sounding scummy.

wow what an improvment.

Anyways I guess I should move my vote to somewhere useful

Vote: Robz had a bit of a read before and feel slightly like your jumping on me to start a wagon. Which is fine, just find it kinda scummy.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2018, 11:02:08 pm »

I'm not starting a wagon. I'm joining a wagon.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2018, 11:39:04 pm »

I am sort of getting a scum read on Hydrad FWIW. Lots of try-hard posts that say very little, and the attempt at overly-precise reads seems forced.

Could you explain/exemplify overly-precise reads?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2018, 11:55:26 pm »

I'm not starting a wagon. I'm joining a wagon.

Sorry thats what I meant. I usually view the 2nd or 3rd person jumping on a wagon as a bit more scummy. sorry I explained it poorly

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 10, 2018, 12:02:50 am »

He used decimal pts on the "how scummy, 1-10" scale for ppl:

1  = town 10 = scum

3: Jimmmmm 6.3(just really for lurkiness i guess but thats pretty standard if I recall)
12: Faust 6.7(scummiest read actually, mainly just because I don't feel like i'm getting the usual town!faust vibes I remember having. But at the same time I havn't played in a while that the vibes could be off. Plus scum likes to kill faust anyways so I don't think I'll vote here today)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2018, 12:05:53 am »

Hasn't he been doing that for a long time?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 10, 2018, 12:50:25 am »

Has he? If so I’ve just noticed

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2018, 01:10:02 am »

Hasn't he been doing that for a long time?

I feel like I started to do it in my last like 10ish games I played.

But the last games I played were really long ago.

Also I remember robz didn't play much when I did so theres a chance hes never been in a game I've done it in.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 10, 2018, 01:28:33 am »

their normal self
Reading this again a suddenly became very confused about whether this should read "their normal self" or "their normal selves".

"self" because this isn't a hydra game.

also I'm against claiming because I'm pro-fun and mafia is at it's worst when we waste pages and pages on D1 deciding not to massclaim and then subsequently don't massclaim.
this is probably town

Survey time!

People who are not faust or Awaclus: do you think their discussion is alignment-indicative for:
a) Awaclus
b) Both
f) faust
n) Neither?

Bonus question
Are you reading their discussion for:
d) Detailed following of the logical arguments
g) Gist/tone
v) all of the aboVe
z) You fell asleep already.
i feel like u want to lynch one of them

i would say i definitely don't pull anything from it for faust

Anyone know what's up with schadd? He doesn't have an active VLA posted, but he did say he wasn't going to be participating much in D1.. which seems odd because I thought D1 shenanigans was the bit he tended to enjoy most. Hey @schadd, please exist some more :-)
end of school year

where are there shenanigans happening

1  = town 10 = scum

how r me and jimm different

He used decimal pts on the "how scummy, 1-10" scale for ppl:

1  = town 10 = scum

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=9069739#p9069739

off the top of my head
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 10, 2018, 03:10:45 am »

how r me and jimm different

I've played a bit with Jimmm and never really with you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 10, 2018, 03:15:11 am »

Request prod on Raptor

Vote: Raptor

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 10, 2018, 03:20:02 am »

Hydrad is town btw.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2018, 03:21:20 am »

So is Robz, but his reads are kinda bad.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.