Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (TOWN WINS!)  (Read 78318 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2018, 11:39:53 am »

Space is very much behaving like their normal self. Not saying there's something super townie about them, but the case that our hedgemasters Hydrad and PPS suggest is not there.

hmm. Ok I'll keep this in mind.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2018, 12:34:55 pm »

I second that Space seems incredibly normal Space-like this game.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2018, 12:36:51 pm »

No, I agree with Hydrad. Something is amiss with Space. The overly polite attempt to patch that up is even fishier. Also feeling suspicious of faust for reasons I’d rather not outline today. No sense killing him D1 anyhow when scum does that for us at night. Not seeing how Awaclus is at all a good lynch. Mildly suspicious of someone else I’d rather not name atm but want to reread a bit and also not just let scum know where I stand entirely.

Pretty sure the scum team will put themselves before the end of D2.

You can't really say what's amiss with Space. You won't say what's amiss about faust. You say Awaclus is a bad lynch: why? Why worse than any other lynch? You're suspicious of someone else but won't name them. You think the scum team is going to out itself in the next day--why?

This is a bland and somewhat strange post, to say the least.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2018, 12:56:35 pm »

No, I agree with Hydrad. Something is amiss with Space. The overly polite attempt to patch that up is even fishier. Also feeling suspicious of faust for reasons I’d rather not outline today. No sense killing him D1 anyhow when scum does that for us at night. Not seeing how Awaclus is at all a good lynch. Mildly suspicious of someone else I’d rather not name atm but want to reread a bit and also not just let scum know where I stand entirely.

You can't really say what's amiss with Space. You won't say what's amiss about faust. You say Awaclus is a bad lynch: why? Why worse than any other lynch? You're suspicious of someone else but won't name them. You think the scum team is going to out itself in the next day--why?

No, it's a good post.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2018, 03:35:31 pm »

their normal self
Reading this again a suddenly became very confused about whether this should read "their normal self" or "their normal selves".

"self" because this isn't a hydra game.

also I'm against claiming because I'm pro-fun and mafia is at it's worst when we waste pages and pages on D1 deciding not to massclaim and then subsequently don't massclaim.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2018, 03:39:42 pm »

their normal self
Reading this again a suddenly became very confused about whether this should read "their normal self" or "their normal selves".

also I'm against claiming because I'm pro-fun and mafia is at it's worst when we waste pages and pages on D1 deciding not to massclaim and then subsequently don't massclaim.
And it's at its best when you fervently discuss reads. So, want to share some?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2018, 03:48:02 pm »

their normal self

And it's at its best when you fervently discuss reads. So, want to share some?

I’ll let you know when I have some.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2018, 05:03:55 pm »

Sorry I’ve been slacking. I’ll do a full read through in a few hours.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2018, 06:12:31 pm »

I agree. Townread increased on Robz and decreased on pps. I don't see anything scummy about Space.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2018, 06:19:36 pm »

If you want to prevent people deciding not to massclaim and then subsequently not massclaiming, you should be for claiming.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2018, 08:12:13 pm »

You're actually increasing scum control if you let them know which people are good nightkills. That this is outweighed by the additional limitations on fakeclaiming is not obvious at all.

I totally agree with faust on this, and it's getting tiresome that Awaclus is sidestepping addressing the major downside with his "plan".

Vote: Awaclus

Awaclus getting tiresome is, like, completely independent from his alignment.
Usually he's getting tiresome for different reasons though!

This is true too. Usually Awaclus is all about how nobody should explain themselves/their votes/why to vote in a particular way in mafia. I don't see his interest in claims and rationing out information as something that's exactly opposed to his usual stance, but it's definitely a departure from usual town-Awaclus.

Maybe he's trying to mix things up because he's townie and realises he needs an additional string to his bow. Maybe he's scum Awaclus being bold in a way he doesn't realise doesn't sound like tedious!town!Awaclus. I think he does get a little more bold as scum sometimes, but someone who's more of a previous-game-geek should weigh in on that one.

Something about this post I don't like. I can't quite put my finger on it though.

+1 scum point for you.

This sounds somewhat townlike from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2018, 08:13:13 pm »

their normal self

So.. how about that weather, right?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2018, 08:13:40 pm »

I second that Space seems incredibly normal Space-like this game.

Well certainly not timelike.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2018, 08:14:22 pm »

Does the rest of Europe/elsewhere in the world have a holiday today? I was going to take a look at who's talking lots vs little and stuff, then decided it wasn't fair to do it that way given that it's a bank holiday weekend with super-amazing-fantastic weather, then realised that maybe it's not for any other players :-P

Anyway, given that it's a holiday, I'm off to cycle up the river and have a swim now :-)
I don't have a holiday, but I will on Thursday (Ascension Day).

Congratulations on your Ascension.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2018, 08:35:34 pm »

This seems overly overt about how close you're playing your cards to your chest.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2018, 08:40:39 pm »

The one time I got Space as scum I just had a hunch from D1 on. They have never been scum in any other games I played and I’ve never had that hunch since. Today I have half a hunch and growing.

I don’t need to say what’s amiss with faust. He is doing the usual scum faust tactic of spreading FUD on all players. You can be sure we aren’t partners because he isn’t just blindly tunneling me.

Awaclus is a bad lynch because he didn’t actually do anything scummy other than play the game and a few votes fell his way and because it’s good ole D1 now he must be a good lynch because hey, what the hell else do we have?

We need polarizing and provocative posts like Awaclus and I are providing. Feel free to kill the obvtown at your own risk.

That’s right, I have reads and I am not required nor compulses to volunteer them for manipulation. Call it hedging if you must. I’ll circle back when the time is right to say so and so was scummy then when the time comes.

Meanwhile scum can’t help themselves trying to rig a lynch. The only way the team doesn’t out themselves by end of D2 is if they bus D1. I encourage them to bus D1, though. Otherwise, the trail will be there for those who can read it. Tracks are being made today, though. The whole point is that I think the lack of wagons at this point is problematic for scum.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2018, 08:55:58 pm »

Vote: e

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2018, 10:01:19 pm »

Also feeling suspicious of faust for reasons I’d rather not outline today.

I don’t need to say what’s amiss with faust. He is doing the usual scum faust tactic of spreading FUD on all players. You can be sure we aren’t partners because he isn’t just blindly tunneling me.

Is that the reason you refused to outline? Why are you now outlining it? Some refusal.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2018, 03:52:04 am »

This is the first game that I have played where this type of clamming would be an option. So I wasn't super passionate about either side. After readying Space's "option A/B" post, I guess I think its best to wait till at least day 2 before calming.   

I came in last place in the draft order which was no surprise at all considering the subject matter. I bid one shot vig anyway so now I know for certain there is one in the game.

Vote: PPS

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2018, 04:09:16 am »

But would town benefit if you pushed through a plan that you don't actually believe is beneficial?

But seriously all this talk is pointless since we're almost certainly not going to do any claims. Awaclus knows this. He is not trying to convince anyone.

I can't be pushing through a plan while not trying to convince anyone.
I am confused. In your view, what exactly is it you are doing with regards to the plan to claim? I assumed that at least you yourself would say that you are trying to convince other people of it. Is that not the case?
I take Awaclus' refusal to address this question as an admission of guilt.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2018, 04:13:56 am »

I am confused. In your view, what exactly is it you are doing with regards to the plan to claim? I assumed that at least you yourself would say that you are trying to convince other people of it. Is that not the case?

Yeah, because it's a good plan. The only reason why this is confusing is that your case against me counters itself.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2018, 04:17:37 am »

Yeah, because it's a good plan. The only reason why this is confusing is that your case against me counters itself.
No, it is your case for you being town that counters itself.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2018, 05:09:19 am »

My case for being town: I'm advocating for a good plan.

Your case for me being scum: I'm purposefully pretending to advocate for a plan without really trying to convince anyone to go for it because I already know it's not going to go through, which I wouldn't do as town because it might go through.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2018, 05:35:40 am »

My case for being town: I'm advocating for a good plan.
Your case for being town is this plus:

I think that is manipulatable and awaclus knows it.

That isn't a reason to think that I'm scum. Even if I wasn't really advocating for this plan (which I am), I would benefit from manipulating that as both alignments.

I have claimed that this statement isn't true, since town!you would not benefit from advocating a suboptimal plan. So you cannot counter e's accusation with it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2018, 05:36:57 am »

So, to simplify: If you're pretenting, that implies that you are scum. Evidence suggests that you are pretending.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28  All

Page created in 1.493 seconds with 20 queries.