Archive > Dominion FAQ

What good is Dominion Big Box 2nd edition?

(1/2) > >>

prestoforresto:
Yep.  I am a Dominion noob and I did look through the FAQ.

The reason i got the Big Box was because I didn't realize it had 2 regular size boxes and I didn't realize I could still play a 5 or 6 player game by combining Intrigue and Dominion. 

However, I am a noob so......what is the benefit of buying the Big Box edition if I can get the 2 sets for the same price as 1 Big Box?

Mic Qsenoch:
2nd Edition Intrigue doesn't contain the extra base cards for 5-6 players, so that's what you got for the Big Box vs. buying separately.

prestoforresto:
Thank you

So confusing that Intrigue used to be a standalone.

Me griping but not to you :)
I also was unable to find the base cards in stock.  $15 seemed reasonable....will probably spend that on the box.
It would have been really nice to have the single dominion box to help with an all in one storage solution.

prestoforresto:
If it only gives me the 5-6 player option.....

The box is unopened and Rio Grande has no box to sell me so I will go through the pain of returning it.
If they didn't put a picture of the 2 smaller boxes on the front I would not have believed it had the small boxes, oh well.

Donald X.:
Base Cards is out of print, but will be back in print soon.

That cover art isn't trying to fool anyone; it was just the no-work way to have an image for that box cover.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version