Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What's the most money possible to have?  (Read 436 times)

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +443
    • View Profile
What's the most money possible to have?
« on: April 08, 2018, 03:16:31 pm »

Rules:
-Have the most money available at one time (money that is somehow spent or lost mid-turn does not count towards a later total)
-Has to be a legal game of Dominion (finite piles, Colonies only if there's Prosperity, can't have three piles gone, stuff like that)
-Kingdoms, shuffle luck, opponents, orders of piles, and all that is up to you.
-Harder-yet-simpler mode: No Black Market allowed

I feel like this must've been done already but a quick search didn't find it.  I also feel like I missed a bunch of edge cases that should be rules.  But I'm curious how horribly you can break it!

I was feeling like a cool dude the other day when I got to $50 in the course of normal play, but then I saw a post just now that broke $100.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1703
    • View Profile
Re: What's the most money possible to have?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 03:42:03 pm »
+1

I'm guessing the challenge is to design a kingdom with the highest maximum finite amount of money? There are plenty of loops that can go infinite.
If you have a fan card you want to be created, just post about it here! I'd love to take a look at it.

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +443
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 04:08:58 pm »

There are?  I'm not aware of any.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 04:23:54 pm »
+3

You can read up on infinite loops here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18378.msg752424#msg752424. They're all pretty nifty and most of them can give you an unbounded amount of .
If you have a fan card you want to be created, just post about it here! I'd love to take a look at it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +11491
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 04:28:01 pm »
+6

There are?  I'm not aware of any.

The simplest is to trash down to a single Baker and play it and pass the turn until you have n coin tokens.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free

ackmondual

• Tactician
  • Respect: +257
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 03:27:29 am »

-Has to be a legal game of Dominion (finite piles, Colonies only if there's Prosperity, can't have three piles gone, stuff like that)
I thought having at least 1 Prosperity in the Kingdom cards for Colony to also be out was never a rule, but merely a suggestion.  If so, would P-C still be off limits?

Also, why not 3 piles?  The game doesn't end until you end your turn.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.