Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Black market/tactician: better way to do the same thing?  (Read 867 times)

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chase Adolphson
  • I love dominion!
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
Black market/tactician: better way to do the same thing?
« on: April 03, 2018, 05:36:44 am »

There is a way better way to do it. Once nocturne came out there has always been the problem with black market and tactician not letting you play your night cards. But with tactician/villa/changeling you can play a villa in your action phase with your other action cards except for your tactician. Then play your treasures and buy something then play your night cards and play your changeling last. Then when you play your changeling use it to gain a villa since you would have one in play. Then play that villa and then the tactician.
I'm glad to be talking with people that like dominion as well.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +972
    • View Profile
Re: Black market/tactician: better way to do the same thing?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 06:47:19 am »
+4

There is a way better way to do it. Once nocturne came out there has always been the problem with black market and tactician not letting you play your night cards. But with tactician/villa/changeling you can play a villa in your action phase with your other action cards except for your tactician. Then play your treasures and buy something then play your night cards and play your changeling last. Then when you play your changeling use it to gain a villa since you would have one in play. Then play that villa and then the tactician.

Gaining Villa in the Night doesn’t return you to action phase
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Black market/tactician: better way to do the same thing?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 10:04:25 am »

This is the exact opposite of a "problem". The primary point of Tactician has always been "do nothing this turn, in exchange for a double turn next turn". Black Market provided a loophole around the concept, so that you could play your treasures and still get the double turn next turn. The fact that this loophole doesn't work with Night cards just means that Tactician is closer to working how it is supposed to in this situation.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.