Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Unlikely Comeback  (Read 1140 times)

tim17

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +276
    • View Profile
Unlikely Comeback
« on: March 28, 2018, 11:19:12 pm »

Game #13063068

The board had the following things:

amulet, forager, urchin, quarry, tournament, cultist, wharf, villa, warehouse, young witch

triumphal arch, dominate

I opened quarry/amulet, my opponent opened urchin/forager. Both my opening buys missed the shuffle, so I picked up forager/quarry while my opponent got a 2nd urchin and quarry and trashed a bit. Things continued to miss the shuffle for me, and my opponent ended up colliding his quarries first and promptly bought all 10 villas before starting on the wharves.

At this point all reasonable chances for me were gone, so I started buying a bunch of tournaments and urchins, hoping to come out on the right end of a 3 pile. My opponent continued buying wharves while playing a bunch of villas; I eventually got enough trashing to be able to draw my deck and buy a province. After I hit province, he emptied the wharves and was like a dollar/buy short on emptying any of 2-3 other piles. On my next turn, down 7 points, I managed to (barely) collide tournament and province to pick up steed. I hoped to get another prize but sadly my province bottom-decked on the reshuffle. I drew it with my last tournament and realized that I needed to forage my province in order to hit 14 and 3 buys (with 2 quarries), just enough to buy dominate and the last 2 tournaments for a 2 point win.

Was not expecting that to work out.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Re: Unlikely Comeback
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 01:23:19 am »

Very nice of your opponent to buy out all of the Villas to ensure he would have dud turns!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 20 queries.