Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 140795 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D3: Day of our So-Called Friend)
« Reply #800 on: April 21, 2018, 10:18:35 am »

So proceed out the door and down the street.
December's lying near, but in the oven's heat this house is now a home

Vote count 3.6

Galzria (2): gkrieg13, DatSwan
gkrieg13 (1): Lalight

not voting (5): SpaceAnemone, Galzria, Cuzz, EFHW, O

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends Wednesday, April 25 at 8:30am forum time.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 21, 2018, 10:39:26 am »

If galz is town, Cuzz/EFHW aren’t the scum team.

I like how irrelevant this statement is. I think i am ready to vote: gkrieg13

What do you mean irrelevant. We are at MYLO, two people had a chance to hammer galzria. Eliminating possible scum team pairings is important. How on earth does that possibly warrant a vote.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 21, 2018, 10:40:10 am »

Only a short time for this tonight, but weekend tomorrow means mote time then.

First, LaLight!!! Good to see you in here :-) You're much easier for me to read than TWM, so this game just got more hopeful.. Please give comments on things!

Second, someone asked who I'd support lynching. Current thinking is gkrieg for the top pick, but I think Galz, O or EFHW could knock him out of that spot when i have time to read in more detail.

I like how much of this read on me is because I’m scum reading them

I'm aware that I might get a bias due to omgus, but you're misrepresenting it a bit! You're behaving in a scummier way now than previously, but I wasn't really re-weighing the evidence properly till I had time to make an actual re-read and look at your play as a whole... the fact that you broke my initial townread made it easier for me to re-evaluate!

You did one reread and decided that I was the scummiest person?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 21, 2018, 10:43:43 am »

Gkrieg -- Early on I thought he was townie mostly for the fact he's called me town. I think as scum he'd be much more likely to revert to his meta of spearheading my mislynches. Says mcmc always thinks he's scum, in response to Robz's comment about mcmc reading gkrieg. Says O and Robz were the most likely to be scum of people pushing e.. now we know Robz was town after all. Townreads mcmc and IDP. Calls Galz, TWM and Swan scummy. Votes faust, but says he'd rather lynch a lurker. Votes Swan, then IDP after a reads change. Says he hasn't had scum vibes on EFHW and reads her well. Wishes me happy birthday twice! :-) Wow, that feels like ages ago already. Gkrieg highlights that he shines more in later days than in early days. #404 is "I feel like you are trying to pre-frame me for when mcmc dies tonight", and mcmc did die! (Though it was Robz he was talking to there, and Robz has now flipped town). Has quite a long argument back and forht with faust, but then I was feeling quite wary of faust too I think.

Comes into D2 directly with comments on the NK and a vote on O for being under the radar. Also being eerie/weary of EFHW :-P He's got 71 game posts to date, but these start-of-day ones are only a few words long each. Was sick. Hope you're feeling better now, gkrieg! :-) Votes for Robz, but says he still thinks O is scum. Doesn't reappear till after the hammer. Given that I know e and I are town, in 2nd and 3rd places on that wagon respectively, gkreig in 4th place looks like the vote could be a little opportunistic in retrospect.

Opens D3 much the same as D2, with comments on what the flip means for the game setup. I think I already posted my thought about how for someone who was earlier posting about how he's higher-value as a player later in the game, he seems to have come into the day all prepared with thoughts about mylo etc. Moves on to suggest a massclaim, which is quickly scumread. Makes the suggestion that we might have a JK as part of a response to O, which is all wrong. We actually don't even need my full game distribution to prove it, just look at the S roll list in the setup. Has a bit of an ongoing tangle with Galz, and has voted him just now. So where did the earlier O scumread go in D3? Gkrieg has been arguing with O, but hasn't said anything more about his scumread on him in D3. Overall he was a strongish townread of mine earlier in the game, but that's really slipping now.

PPE 4: including gkrieg complaining about me not doing reads while I was actually in the middle of re-reading him!

You also don’t have anything in here that is scummy, then you state at the end that your townread is slipping but you give no reasoning. Then all of the sudden I am your strongest scum read?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 21, 2018, 03:39:00 pm »

Just re-found this while doing my O re-read.

Can’t you Bp yourself? And dead townies don’t make the odds of you successfully blocking a shot any better, so the only reasons to wait would be dead scum and scumreads / PR reads

I assumed not for the self-BPing. As for the rest, the reason to wait is to form better reads because as well as knowing who seems vaguely "off", you get a better picture after N1 about what roles are out there, and an extra day to map those onto people you're reading over D2.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 21, 2018, 03:48:59 pm »

I'm conflicted because Galz really deserves to be lynched. But in that game when I was mason with Teproc I randomly pushed the Space lynch because she was flying under the radar heavily and it worked out.

So you're suggesting pushing a lynch on an under-contributing player? The post right before yours is where Cuzz just admitted to having been a lurker all through the game...

How is this at all relevant when my claim was that TWM is opportunistically lurking today, not the whole game? Cuzz hasn't lurked today.

I took your post as an accusation that I was under-contributing... I'm aware my read-posts have been getting a bit behind! I think this response tells me that you didn't explicitly mean it that way. We now know that TWM was having external issues, though.. so I guess my point about Cuzz being lurky earlier is sort of relevant still, though he's the last person on my reread queue (other than needing a second re-read on Galz because the first was before he started being scummy), so hopefully I have a more informed opinion on him pretty soon.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 21, 2018, 04:11:48 pm »

O: Jokes with Robz about playing for the next scum game, then self-votes, sheeping faust, when faust says his early posts were scummy. O was as an early townread for me because of #63, because scum!faust last game made a big deal about warning people in advance about his travel and possible lack of internet... I feel he wanted to be in more of a position to control the game, and I didn't get that vibe from O. Says gkrieg is acting like his scum self. Dislikes people posting similar reads on the same people in different games. Thinks mcmc's auto-scumread on Robz is scummy. References his own scumminess. Calls Swan scummy. At this point is still self-voting. Denies doing "jokes and self-votes" since the opening of the game, which I'd disagree with given his commend about "if I wasn't so scummy I'd vote" a few posts earlier (and the fact he's still self-voting at that point). Finally unvotes at #256, though also mentions he's exploring Tokyo, so I'm envious of that! He's the second person to take the Robz train up to three people, behind IDP and EFHW (e and mcmc were voting earlier, too). Has valid points against Robz. Moves to Galz when he pushes e, saying he's also not voting IDP or EFHW.

Votes gkreig at the start of D2 for coming into it sounding like he'd done "pre-flip planning", and also because gkrieg just voted him for being under the radar. Has a brief argument with TWM about whether scum!gkrieg would behave that way. Says Datswan is scummy. Helpfully lists a bunch of people who've been calling him scummy all game. Most are still alive. Gets accused by gkrieg of being focused on himself. Calls TWM not-necessarily-scummy. Answers my question about how he behaves as scum. "I wonder if the easy explanation for why MCMC got killed is the right one." -- still seems to be scumreading gkrieg. Votes Robz, agreeing that he's not acting like a VT. Pre-flip, speculates that Robz may be town and Galz scum, but then immediately reverses that and asks why scum!galz would hammer and draw the attention of the SK.

Comes into D3 displaying more understanding of the setup mechanics than he had demonstrated before, by asking why gkrieg and EFHW aren't considering someone being bulletproof in any of their scenarios. I had wondered the same thing, but then I've got the breakdown of all the roles and how likely they all are. Townreads Cuzz for his direct kill-Galz approach to D3. Proposes lynching gkrieg after his massclaim suggestion. Very definitely against gkrieg's massclaim suggestion. States intent to vote Galz, playing along with Galz's plan to let a dayvig take him out. Even calls me out on a point of setup understanding, so I get the impression he's really confident about how it all works. Jumps onto TWM for being absent for D3 before it comes out that he has external stuff going on. Votes Galz, briefly putting him to L-2, before retreating to claiming intent because he doesn't want a hammer yet.

Overall, I'm reading O as town. I think his questions make sense coming from a town mindset; maybe the scummy jokes do too, though I also see why people seem to scumread him. I just don't think he's the most likely person to flip scum here.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 21, 2018, 04:27:52 pm »

Cuzz 2: Apparently I did Cuzz already, but he was so non-present that I'd forgotten. He's now up to 23 game posts, as opposed to the 12 he'd made last time. There's nothing useful in D1, so let's jsut re-start with D2. Scumreads Swan, though also asks if he's a native English speaker, because of the "prefer to" misunderstanding. Townreads O after a re-read (this is the first new post since last time I read him). The only other D2 post was non-useful. Comes into D3 pushing for a Galz lynch. Several other posts are things like "eh" or "Oh huh TWM is still in the game", rather than useful content/analysis. Reads at #750, but thet're super-non-committal, and three of them are made out of question marks, assuming the one on TWM got auto-converted.. which the very next post implies. In the 11 new posts, there are quite a few that just don't morethe game on. Admits to having been lurking all game. Comments on how if Galz isn't lynched because his hammer was too-scummy-to-be-scum, then it makes that sort of behaviour not a bad thing for Galz to have done after all.. which is hind of true, but again not moving the game on. I feel like he's avoided doing anything alignment-indicative all game, and is still not active in trying to help narrow the search down. That's a nice position for a scum to be in, especially if another player is hogging all the scrutiny limelight. I do definitely disagree with O about Cuzz's lurkiness: to me he is most definitely still underactive and lurky-looking.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 21, 2018, 04:33:56 pm »

OK so Lalight replaces in and immediately votes. This is unexpected.

Do we think Town!Lalight replaces in at what is very possibly MYLO and votes immediately?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 21, 2018, 08:02:12 pm »

Do we think Town!Lalight replaces in at what is very possibly MYLO and votes immediately?

I like this point very much.

LL where is your pro-town sense of MYLO restraint? Explain yourself.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: April 21, 2018, 10:05:05 pm »

I reread TWM and I feel he is likely scum. I have a bias against players who specifically said IDP was scummy, because IDP was being exactly like he always is. It's interesting how Robz and e both flipped town - I had thought one of them was probably scum because of how the end of Day 1 went. Which is one reason Space thinks I'm scum, so I guess we think alike in that respect even though the idea is a complete non-starter.  TWM did a lot of distracting posts and didn't scumhunt. I don't know when his emergency was taking place, but he didn't seem his town!self from the beginning.

Lalight does not feel towny to me. I didn't like his voting gkrieg without any explanation to help other players decide if they agree. So this is where I am planning to vote.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 21, 2018, 10:29:08 pm »

Space is doing a good town!Space, especially early Day 1. They have put a lot of emphasis on how hard they are scumhunting, and are pretty critical of most players. They are overblowing my "misunderstanding" of the setup, but I can see how it reads the way they see it. I was never trying to be comprehensive in stating all the ways we could have 1 nk, and I didn't study the setup looking for all the possible ways. I just wanted to refute gkrieg's statement that scum must know now who the SK is. There also is no contradiction between my making real or imagined mistakes about the setup and my commenting on e stating he didn't read it. That's a common scum maneuver to seem disinterested and worth pointing out.  So there are distortions there that could indicate scum!Space. But at the moment, I'm leaning town!Space.

My problem is I have more townreads than there are town players.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 22, 2018, 12:49:06 pm »

It’s mylo, not lylo, my vote is first as i checked before voting and can not cause a quickhammer in any way
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 22, 2018, 12:50:15 pm »

What do you mean irrelevant. We are at MYLO, two people had a chance to hammer galzria. Eliminating possible scum team pairings is important. How on earth does that possibly warrant a vote.

It is irrelevant because we don’t know if Galz is town or scum and if we find out he’s town by lynhing him, it won’t matter how many pairings you did eliminate beforehand

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 22, 2018, 12:50:47 pm »

And if he’s scum, your observation is even more irrelevant

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 22, 2018, 02:54:02 pm »

Ok let’s say it is irrelevant. How is that enough to vote?  What about something being irrelevant makes me scummy?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 22, 2018, 03:28:46 pm »

Ok let’s say it is irrelevant. How is that enough to vote?  What about something being irrelevant makes me scummy?

As i have already mentioned, you quarrels with O make it look like you are both scum; while i was reading this game i boticed some things i was sure you were scum because of; can’t point now, phone, dama. Anyway, point is i thought you were scum and this irrelevant thing is just a trigger. I am also quite sure that if you’re scum, O is one as well

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 22, 2018, 07:28:45 pm »

You were the top scum-candidate on my mind at that moment. I think that you, EFHW and Galz all have scumpoints going for you, but you don't make a sound scumteam because otherwise the end of D2 would be too weird, with you all voting one after another. There are possible scum-pairs and scum-trios with each of you, though.

As far as reading you goes, I think the main things that ring bells are:
* How prepared you came into each of the new days. I know you've argued against that already, but for me it still feels off.
* Related to the first point, but you being a strong later-game player and still being alive in the first place might indicate that you have fewer factions who might want to kill you than most.
* Trying to steer the game towards a massclaim without good justification of how it helps town. I think statistically speaking, there are some justifications, and you're someone who should have been able to find those, but you didn't, which makes me wonder if you're really wanting a massclaim for a townie reason.
* You make a point about potentially having a role we can't have in the game, which felt a lot like a scum who knows more than we do about the setup trying to cover his tracks and pretend to know less, but forgetting exactly what town knows and going too far in the wrong direction.
* You've become quite defensive and direct about challenging people who express any sort scumread on you, even though you're not even the leading wagon, which seems quite jumpy.

Other more minor contributing factors:
* The extra wifom you planted around the possibility of losing mcmc before it happened.
* Two of the players you voted quite briefly in D1 are still alive (Galz and Swan), so one or other (maybe not both) of those make decent light buses for D1.
* You ended up as the first-placed player on the IDP wagon in spite of saying earlier that he was townie.
* You spent much of D2 voting O, who I think is being townie.
* You were also on the Robz misslynch, and while he was being undeniably off in his play, I still think we'll find scum pushing him too.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 22, 2018, 08:10:55 pm »

You were the top scum-candidate on my mind at that moment. I think that you, EFHW and Galz all have scumpoints going for you, but you don't make a sound scumteam because otherwise the end of D2 would be too weird, with you all voting one after another. There are possible scum-pairs and scum-trios with each of you, though.

As far as reading you goes, I think the main things that ring bells are:
* How prepared you came into each of the new days. I know you've argued against that already, but for me it still feels off.

I didn't come prepared.  If you look at the time that I posted, there is plenty of time for me to think about what happened.
* Related to the first point, but you being a strong later-game player and still being alive in the first place might indicate that you have fewer factions who might want to kill you than most.

This is a bad argument.  There are still many people alive that are strong players.  And the people who have died (e, mcmc, faust) are generally regarded as strong players as well.
* Trying to steer the game towards a massclaim without good justification of how it helps town. I think statistically speaking, there are some justifications, and you're someone who should have been able to find those, but you didn't, which makes me wonder if you're really wanting a massclaim for a townie reason.

I already gave my justification.  It would help us because we are at MYLO.  Having another IC would help us, and it is possible that we would have a 1v1, which is easier to analyze than the situation we are in right now.
* You make a point about potentially having a role we can't have in the game, which felt a lot like a scum who knows more than we do about the setup trying to cover his tracks and pretend to know less, but forgetting exactly what town knows and going too far in the wrong direction.

Where did I show that I had more information so that I actually needed to cover my tracks?  I just realized what you are talking about, becasue I thought the SK carried down for all of those letters.
* You've become quite defensive and direct about challenging people who express any sort scumread on you, even though you're not even the leading wagon, which seems quite jumpy.

We are at MYLO.  It doesn't matter if I am the leading wagon or whatever, if I get two votes on me from town, mafia could quickhammer me for the win.  It is also pretty much the only thing that is being talked about, and the day ends fairly soon.  I haven't even been that defensive.  People have expressed scumreads on me for no reason.  I even got a vote for a horrible reason, which has now been backed up with more vague reasoning.  I also thought that TWM was town, and that means that LaLight voting for me could potentially lose us the game.  Also, O, you, and LaLight have expressed scumreads on me.  The point is that I want to stop this before it gets momentum so that we can actually lynch scum.

Other more minor contributing factors:
* The extra wifom you planted around the possibility of losing mcmc before it happened.
I would never do this as scum.
* Two of the players you voted quite briefly in D1 are still alive (Galz and Swan), so one or other (maybe not both) of those make decent light buses for D1.
That only makes sense if galz and swan are scum, which means that this is extremely circumstantial evidence, the kind of evidence LaLight is basing his vote on me for.
* You ended up as the first-placed player on the IDP wagon in spite of saying earlier that he was townie.
I did think he was townie, then thought his later posts were scummy.  That is how this game works, especially D1.
* You spent much of D2 voting O, who I think is being townie.
How is O being townie?
* You were also on the Robz misslynch, and while he was being undeniably off in his play, I still think we'll find scum pushing him too.
You basically answer this one for yourself.  He was being scummy.

Responses in bold

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 22, 2018, 08:11:54 pm »

As i have already mentioned, you quarrels with O make it look like you are both scum; while i was reading this game i boticed some things i was sure you were scum because of; can’t point now, phone, dama. Anyway, point is i thought you were scum and this irrelevant thing is just a trigger. I am also quite sure that if you’re scum, O is one as well

Does that work the same way?  If O is scum, does that make me scum?

Also when was the last time that scum actually went at each other like that?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 23, 2018, 02:43:37 am »

It is irrelevant because we don’t know if Galz is town or scum and if we find out he’s town by lynhing him, it won’t matter how many pairings you did eliminate beforehand

poppy cock this eliminates skum team pairing. in what frikin world on this site full of damn masterminds would they double hammer as skum? hell to the no. all of you would wait it out for the long game and you know it.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 23, 2018, 02:55:05 am »

normally this would make sense, but as Galz has contributed essentially nothing to this game, his pre-disposition of being helpful as town is falling off. He is just another lurker at this point so lynching him either finds skum and yay, or finds town and does the same thing as every other lynch candidate to date imo.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 23, 2018, 02:57:44 am »

alsooo wanted to wait longer but because..

1) This Galz has pretty much sat around until the last 24 hours each day and then acted up to move things around... and we approaching that mark
and
2) Town!Galz, in literally every game we have played together has been town, and also pushed back at me when I skum read him. No push this game.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 23, 2018, 02:58:33 am »

This actually seems extremely well thought out and I was skum reading TWM. Moving TWM/LL into my null.

It’s mylo, not lylo, my vote is first as i checked before voting and can not cause a quickhammer in any way
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 23, 2018, 02:59:37 am »

fixed.

This actually seems extremely well thought out and I was skum reading TWM. Moving TWM/LL into my null.

real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.