Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 140742 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D3: Day of our So-Called Friend)
« Reply #775 on: April 20, 2018, 03:38:35 am »

More fun:

Galz - who do you like for lynch?

Space - who do you like?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 20, 2018, 03:39:50 am »

I still heavily scumread O.

Yeah that's cool and all - like I said def not off the radar - but outside O who do you like?
Nvm, just remembered you are on Galz with me.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 20, 2018, 03:53:58 am »

I like that O remembered about the 1-shot BP. There is a pretty good chance we have one. How likely they are to have used their shot last night and prevented a kill with it I'm not sure.

Not sure if this is poorly worded or you're misreading the setup but 1-shot BP could have just as easily been used day 1.

Fair, but if you're a 1-shot bulletproofer, do you shoot N1 when we don't even know what the distribution of scum roles is and don't have a good read on everyone yet?

Can’t you Bp yourself? And dead townies don’t make the odds of you successfully blocking a shot any better, so the only reasons to wait would be dead scum and scumreads / PR reads
?
Of course they do... limits the maximum potential to a lower quantity, thus raising the odds of success....
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 20, 2018, 04:00:12 am »

Gonna need a day tu recover after last night.

New theory: TWM was scum or SK, and Galz is a super-scum/super-SK who absorbed him in the night, becoming a Galz-lookalike hydra of scumness but negating an NK from TWM in the process. This is a schadd setup, after all...

This is just fantastic.

----------

On a more serious note:

The lack of action is because scum is content with the current game state - they very much don't want to draw attention away from me, and thus have no real reason to pretend to find scum elsewhere.

Is this to say you are skum reading the players that have been active thus far in the game?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 20, 2018, 04:04:22 am »

O - Lynch TWM tomorrow - Get on the Galz train today!
real good. That’s how

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: April 20, 2018, 07:14:45 am »

Lalight replaces The_Wine_Merchant, effective immediately.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:18:30 am by iguanaiguana »
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 20, 2018, 07:17:05 am »

So wake up, make up some new song again around the same tune.
The water cools, the leaves they fall, the sun it bends, the summer ends.
Our so-called friend doesn't need you.

Vote count 3.5

Lalight (1): O
Galzria (2): gkrieg13, DatSwan

not voting (5): Lalight, SpaceAnemone, Galzria, Cuzz, EFHW

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends Wednesday, April 25 at 8:30am forum time.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 20, 2018, 07:32:11 am »

hi guys, was watching the game and was not impressed by Robz' lynch. Will reread today and post my thoughts, but while reading I thought O/gkrieg are the most suspicious
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 20, 2018, 08:08:20 am »

Swan is very active and I think is town after all. Hard to read Cuzz, I constantly am forgetting he's in a game, maybe because of non substance posts. O/gkrieg telling everyone how scummy the second is but never voting each other is the scummiest thing ever. By the way, looking at the game without participating really makes my reads better fwiw

Not sure about all the fuzz about Galz, what happened? Is it that hammer? I am not sure, forgot all the metas in a long while, but wouldn't it be really stupid thing to do as scum? Or was he sacrificing himself for... Robz' lynch? I don't think so.

Why were some of you scumreading TWM? As I understood that's because he became inactive, well, there's a reason and here's me now. I'd really like to put things into perspective so we will actually win this game. I'd like this achievement :)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 20, 2018, 10:33:26 am »

I still heavily scumread O.

Yeah that's cool and all - like I said def not off the radar - but outside O who do you like?

Galz O Space in that order. I’ll reread all of them.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 20, 2018, 11:05:01 am »

Thing that should be obvious:

If Galz avoids being lynched because his hammer of Robz would have been so incredibly stupid to do as scum, then it retroactively becomes not a stupid thing to have done as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 20, 2018, 11:08:50 am »

If Galz avoids being lynched because his hammer of Robz would have been so incredibly stupid to do as scum, then it retroactively becomes not a stupid thing to have done as scum.

levels and levels. Because if it retroactively becomes not a stupid thing to have done as scum, scum wouldn't do this because it's scummy again

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 20, 2018, 11:10:34 am »

Very true. But if I lynch TWMLalight because I found the lurking even scummier, it means not that galz was smart but rather less scum than twm.

Nonetheless Vote: Galzria and hope for the best since it appears twm has no traction

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 20, 2018, 11:14:02 am »

Very true. But if I lynch TWMLalight because I found the lurking even scummier, it means not that galz was smart but rather less scum than twm.

Nonetheless Vote: Galzria and hope for the best since it appears twm has no traction

Well the primary reason for voting TWM seems to have a legitimate external explanation, so at this point we should make LL keep saying stuff and just independently decide if he seems scummy or not.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 20, 2018, 11:20:09 am »

I remember having other reasons for scumreading TWM. I'll read back to see if I can find what they were.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 20, 2018, 11:23:10 am »

Unvote For some reason I forgot Datswan remade his vote count. Probably OK anyways but don't want to leave Galz L-2. Still my intent is on Galz atm

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 20, 2018, 01:32:00 pm »

If galz is town, Cuzz/EFHW aren’t the scum team.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 20, 2018, 04:17:32 pm »

This is true in the sense that Cuzz/X is not the scumteam regardless of whether Galz is town.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 20, 2018, 07:55:24 pm »

Only a short time for this tonight, but weekend tomorrow means mote time then.

First, LaLight!!! Good to see you in here :-) You're much easier for me to read than TWM, so this game just got more hopeful.. Please give comments on things!

Second, someone asked who I'd support lynching. Current thinking is gkrieg for the top pick, but I think Galz, O or EFHW could knock him out of that spot when i have time to read in more detail.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 20, 2018, 08:38:24 pm »

I like that O remembered about the 1-shot BP. There is a pretty good chance we have one. How likely they are to have used their shot last night and prevented a kill with it I'm not sure.

Not sure if this is poorly worded or you're misreading the setup but 1-shot BP could have just as easily been used day 1.

Fair, but if you're a 1-shot bulletproofer, do you shoot N1 when we don't even know what the distribution of scum roles is and don't have a good read on everyone yet?

Can’t you Bp yourself? And dead townies don’t make the odds of you successfully blocking a shot any better, so the only reasons to wait would be dead scum and scumreads / PR reads
?
Of course they do... limits the maximum potential to a lower quantity, thus raising the odds of success....

If you were to have BP'd a town player who was now dead, it would have been a successful shot to begin with.  ;)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: April 21, 2018, 01:24:18 am »

First, LaLight!!! Good to see you in here :-) You're much easier for me to read than TWM, so this game just got more hopeful.. Please give comments on things!

Second, someone asked who I'd support lynching. Current thinking is gkrieg for the top pick, but I think Galz, O or EFHW could knock him out of that spot when i have time to read in more detail.

I like how much of this read on me is because I’m scum reading them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 21, 2018, 01:25:00 am »

This is true in the sense that Cuzz/X is not the scumteam regardless of whether Galz is town.

Just that you two had the chance to hammer

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 21, 2018, 08:17:33 am »

I like how irrelevant this statement is. I think i am ready to vote: gkrieg13

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 21, 2018, 10:04:17 am »

EFHW: Early posts are jokey, then votes Galz in agreement with e over thinking the rules clarification thing was odd. Makes a bunch of rather short observational posts (saying faust is cheery, e is meta-aware etc). Unvotes after claiming to have confused e (who said he'd ingnored the setup) and Galz (who asked questions in-thread and was scumread for it). Makes a weird suggestion about TWM and RR (Cuzz) both being scum from the fact that TWM (who's now LL) knew RR hadn't been online. Agrees that my explanation (using the site to notice that RR had literally not logged into f.ds since the game started) is better, but still desides to vote TWM over his obeservation. Votes Robz for calling her post about having confused e and Galz "very townie". Seems frustrated at TWM for not giving her a reason he'd voted for her.. wants opportunities to defend herself even though he'd already moved his vote by the point she did so. Maybe a guilty conscience? Also a bit defensive when Swan points out a language point about "you'll lynch" vs "we'll lynch". Defends IDP. Is confused by Robz making a point about faust distracting from IDP, because faust had pushed IDP. Scumreads Robz, e, gkrieg and mcmc. Three had flipped town now! Makes a couple of posts about incorrect vote counts, which someone I think suggested was scummy for worrying about the voting state. Later says she'd be "reluctantly" on board for an e lynch, when Galz is canvassing. Eventually L-1s IDP even though she says she disagrees with the lynch.

In early D2, EFHW seems surprised that e townreads her for sounding sure that the IDP wagon was on town. I'm somewhat suspicious of EFHW over that because of course scum are going to have more of an idea of who's town. She comments on other wagons that didn't stick as alternatives to IDP: one on Robz, and one on herself. We know now that Robz was town, so the remaining non-stick wagon was on EFHW.. and we know that wagons that refuse to go anywhere are sometimes like that because scum don't all want to bus. I don't quite get her post at #587. She notes that I'd voted IDP because I thought he was scummy, but the "how scummy was it to choose IDP over other possibilities" seems like a weird question, especially when she followed it up by pointing out that "To some of us he seemed obv!town" -- that implies knowing whose reads could and couldn't be trusted in the early game, which is a scum trait. Picks some more at Robz for his earlier characterization of her, and failure to respond to questions, and then L-1s him too.

Opens D3 with the weird counting of "T" for VTs, which is not how that works. She'd made some earlier comment about how people just don't tend to ask questions about a setup, which is even weirded if she had doubts about how it worked herself. Actually, quite a few of her pots at the start of D3 are weird little tabulations of letters. Agrees about not having a massclaim. Doesn't seem to go as far as agreeing with his scumread on gkrieg in the same post, though. Responds to me to my point about her broken assumptions by saying that sometimes games do add Ts for towns. Also states outright that she doesn't want to lynch Galz today, and that gkrieg seems like town, which is a contrast to her earlier read on him, and is suspicious because her reads on gkrieg have gone in a different direction to how I think his play has panned out. Most recent post is from ~20 hours ago vaguely hinting at having reasons for scumreading TWM, but hasn't provided them.

I had a vague scumread on EFHW left over from about D1, and obviously it's still there. I think the most notable things are that the early wagon on her didn't move much (while the other ones on known town did), and that she seems really aware of how people are being read for setup and game understanding stuff (including reproaching Robz for townreading her for a "slip"), and yet still makes a big deal now we're in D3 of misundertanding the setup.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 21, 2018, 10:17:49 am »

I like how much of this read on me is because I’m scum reading them

I'm aware that I might get a bias due to omgus, but you're misrepresenting it a bit! You're behaving in a scummier way now than previously, but I wasn't really re-weighing the evidence properly till I had time to make an actual re-read and look at your play as a whole... the fact that you broke my initial townread made it easier for me to re-evaluate!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.