Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 140753 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D2: [Day One Plus Ones])
« Reply #625 on: April 14, 2018, 09:25:53 am »

I wonder if the easy explanation for why MCMC got killed is the right one.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D1 Down the Deep River)
« Reply #626 on: April 14, 2018, 09:53:44 am »

8 Chinese brothers,
well, there's a reason why the last is smiling wide
and sitting higher than the others,
swinging his arms.

Vote count 2.3
O (2): gkrieg13, Robz888
gkrieg13 (1): O
DatSwan (2): 2.71828..., The_Wine_Merchant
Galzria (1): DatSwan

not voting (6): SpaceAnemone, Galzria, Cuzz, EFHW

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Wednesday, April 18 at 9pm forum time.

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 14, 2018, 12:27:49 pm »

Sometimes the hard thing and the right thing are the same thing.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 14, 2018, 01:24:35 pm »

I nailed you last time as the SK at a point in the game where you later said you'd turned the scumminess up on your posts to draw early heat to avoid a later lynch (or something close to those lines). What's the take-home for game tone from this latest post from you here in this game?

Earlier you explicitly said that clutter is anti-town. Now I'm wondering precisely what you're intending as far as people reading you, and how that reflects on your alignment here.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 14, 2018, 01:30:37 pm »

Vote: Robz

sometimes the stupid answer is the right answer. MCMC always seems to end up trying to lynch Robz out of brotherly love or something. It makes sense that scum!Robz, either SK or Mafia, would shoot MCMC.

Also agree re:Space that Robz seems almost intentionally cryptic. Also OMGUS.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: April 14, 2018, 01:47:38 pm »

sometimes the stupid answer is the right answer. MCMC always seems to end up trying to lynch Robz out of brotherly love or something. It makes sense that scum!Robz, either SK or Mafia, would shoot MCMC.

Also agree re:Space that Robz seems almost intentionally cryptic. Also OMGUS.

My read on datswan has faded with his recent posts. Still on the scummy spectrum, but I am willing to go back and explore other options.

Also to note: we are sitting at 10 alive, 4 scum (3 mafia 1 SK). Mislynch with 2 town deaths leaves us with 7 alive, 3 scum, 1 SK. So today's lynch is critical to hit scum.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 14, 2018, 03:26:54 pm »

Is O too experienced to be super-cautious about mentioning scumbuddies in-thread or anything like that? (I'm not scum: he did answer a thing I'd said in D1!).

Not entirely sure what this is asking... but to answer I usually try to get super angry at my scumbuddies and get them lynched at least once in the early days of a game, more fun that way. On a more serious note, I tend to ignore who my scumbuddies are while i'm posting early days so I think I'm pretty good about not avoiding them.

But if there's someone I've ignored this game let me know and I'll be happy to start trying to lynch them.

Reading back over what I wrote, I totally meant to ask that about Cuzz and not about you! I'd been noting Cuzz's behaviour towards you -- a drawn-out null of scumreading enough to announce his intent in-thread to re-read, and then rather later announcing lack of suspicion after all -- so I'd just typed "O" a bunch of times, and evidently forgotten how to type "Cuzz".

You yourself are my last big unknown, given that at least I felt an earlier scummy vibe from EFHW and townily-non-homicidal one from gkrieg. I'll remember to take a note of exactly who you ignore when I do my re-read...
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 14, 2018, 03:30:52 pm »

Vote: Robz is actually reasonable. I'd like him to reappear in the game and answer some questions at least.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 14, 2018, 04:55:15 pm »

Vote: Robz is actually reasonable. I'd like him to reappear in the game and answer some questions at least.

What questions should I answer? EFHW asked me one, I answered it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 14, 2018, 06:23:07 pm »

How about stuff I asked at #628.

Also, your answer to EFHW could very easily be described as "lacklustre", but also as kind of misleading. I'd read your the sentence "I did state it publicly" to mean that you'd stated your reason not to vote EFHW publicly, since those were the lines along which EFHW's question was clearly heading. It turns out that as far as I can see, all you stated publicly was the sentence "I don’t like the EFHW wagon". Even then, you voted for her in the run-up to the D1 deadline. You still have "I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you" in your sig, but I also know you're a very meta-aware player, so I'm definitely not awarding any townpoints for that level of response.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 14, 2018, 06:52:20 pm »

How about stuff I asked at #628.

Also, your answer to EFHW could very easily be described as "lacklustre", but also as kind of misleading. I'd read your the sentence "I did state it publicly" to mean that you'd stated your reason not to vote EFHW publicly, since those were the lines along which EFHW's question was clearly heading. It turns out that as far as I can see, all you stated publicly was the sentence "I don’t like the EFHW wagon". Even then, you voted for her in the run-up to the D1 deadline. You still have "I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you" in your sig, but I also know you're a very meta-aware player, so I'm definitely not awarding any townpoints for that level of response.

This is what I was referring to with EFHW:

unvote. Embarrassed to admit I conflated posts by e and Galzria. Galzria didn't claim to have ignored the setup, which was part of my "scumread".

A very townie admission I think.

But I'm wrong, in that it occurred before I voted EFHW anyway, because of her vote count correction-ing.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 14, 2018, 06:53:39 pm »

I nailed you last time as the SK at a point in the game where you later said you'd turned the scumminess up on your posts to draw early heat to avoid a later lynch (or something close to those lines). What's the take-home for game tone from this latest post from you here in this game?

Earlier you explicitly said that clutter is anti-town. Now I'm wondering precisely what you're intending as far as people reading you, and how that reflects on your alignment here.

Is there an actual question in there?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D1 Down the Deep River)
« Reply #637 on: April 14, 2018, 08:54:01 pm »

You would probably die before you shot up 9 miles high,
your eyes dilated as light plays upon the sight
of TVC16 as it sings you goodnight.
Relaxed as hell and locked up in cell 45,
I hope you're feeling better.

Vote count 2.4
O (2): gkrieg13, Robz888
DatSwan (1): The_Wine_Merchant
Galzria (1): DatSwan
Robz888 (3): O, 2.71828..., SpaceAnemone

not voting (3): Galzria, Cuzz, EFHW

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Wednesday, April 18 at 9pm forum time.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 14, 2018, 09:21:23 pm »

Here, how about telling us who your top 3 town and top 3 scum are
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 15, 2018, 08:10:54 am »

Is there an actual question in there?

... the one with the question mark on the end is a question. It's a little clumsy in wording, because I had been referring to another game in the previous sentence, and I prefer to avoid ambiguity, but it's definitely following the grammatical structure of a question.

Let's try re-phrasing: what did you expect people to get from #627, in terms of how others would perceive your alignment in this game? Was it meant to play to your "lackluster" town-meta? Were you even referring back to the point about mcmc being a target because apparently he reads gkrieg well (which is what I assume O is referring to), or trying to sound mysterious and simultaneously distracting from useful conversation?
Yes, now it's turned onto three questions...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 15, 2018, 11:30:30 am »

vote: Robz

I think O is still scum though.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 15, 2018, 11:47:17 am »

It sure has been a slow weekend

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 15, 2018, 12:10:10 pm »

Here, how about telling us who your top 3 town and top 3 scum are

Is this directed at me? I don't comply with this kind of busy work requirement. If you want my general impressions, here:

Galz was right about IDP as it turned out, but I don't know, I sort of feel like he was doing the whole "look at me, being against this lynch, town laments, ahhh" thing that scum can do confidently because they know who is scum and who is town. So I am scum reading Galz.

I am also scum reading O, way way more than I am scumreading gkrieg.

TWM and Space feel townie. Cuzz being hopelessly out of it seems more townie than scummy.

Not sure about 2.7 and DatSwan.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 15, 2018, 01:32:39 pm »

unvote. Embarrassed to admit I conflated posts by e and Galzria. Galzria didn't claim to have ignored the setup, which was part of my "scumread".

But I'm wrong, in that it occurred before I voted EFHW anyway, because of her vote count correction-ing.

Right. So I'm still interested in the answer to my question. Now it is two questions - why did you vote me after having found me townie 4 days before? And what prompted your switch to IDP, with the comment that you much preferred his lynch?

3rd question - how does my vote count correcting fit in?

Vote: EFHW

vote: IDP

Muh preferred lynch

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 15, 2018, 02:30:36 pm »

Right. So I'm still interested in the answer to my question. Now it is two questions - why did you vote me after having found me townie 4 days before? And what prompted your switch to IDP, with the comment that you much preferred his lynch?

3rd question - how does my vote count correcting fit in?

Vote: EFHW

vote: IDP

Muh preferred lynch

It occurred to me that scum was more likely to point out errors n the vote count, which you did, which soured my earlier declaration of you being town. Then I went back to IDP because at least you were, you know, contributing.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: April 15, 2018, 08:22:12 pm »

vote: Robz L-1

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 15, 2018, 09:09:34 pm »

I am a Vanilla Townie.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 15, 2018, 09:33:19 pm »

Antagonistic Robz = PR!Robz or Scum!Robz, not VT Robz. No reason to vote for me and outright refuse to provide a reason when asked if he was a VT, refusing to answer e's question, etc.

I admit it weirded me out how quickly people joined my wagon but only Gkrieg is a scumread among them: EFHW, e, Space all read townie to me -- though e always does. Maybe I'm getting played but I really do think Robz would be playing exceptionally poorly for his norm if he was VT right here.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 15, 2018, 09:45:17 pm »

It is a very interesting wagon. It took a while, but there were very few posts in that time

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 15, 2018, 10:34:08 pm »

Antagonistic Robz = PR!Robz or Scum!Robz, not VT Robz. No reason to vote for me and outright refuse to provide a reason when asked if he was a VT, refusing to answer e's question, etc.

I admit it weirded me out how quickly people joined my wagon but only Gkrieg is a scumread among them: EFHW, e, Space all read townie to me -- though e always does. Maybe I'm getting played but I really do think Robz would be playing exceptionally poorly for his norm if he was VT right here.

I love being blamed for my own lynch. What is so terrible about my play? Not having a perfect reason for switching from IDP to EFHW on Day 1?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.