Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 140785 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D2: [Day One Plus Ones])
« Reply #550 on: April 11, 2018, 11:15:13 pm »

On the one hand....the wagon on IDP definitely had scum on it. Everyone who died was off-wagon.

Of course, that statement is extremely generic and means almost nothing at this point
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 11, 2018, 11:17:05 pm »

Also, I think DatSwan or Galz is scum. The way they belabored that lynch was scummy.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 11, 2018, 11:18:18 pm »

EFHW played it townie in my opinion. The prolonged agony of knowing they would mislynch town just seems faked.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D1 Down the Deep River)
« Reply #553 on: April 11, 2018, 11:19:20 pm »

Way Too Early Reads List:

1. Robz - scum. This is actually a read.
2. IDontPlayThisGame - town. If he is in fact playing this game
3. McMcsalot - town. Won't be on the same team as his brother
4. e - town.
5. The Wine Merchant - strong town read. He will basically have to claim scum and the rest of you lynch him. I am convinced he is town.
6. Datswan - town. Because I don't know Datswan as well as others
7. Spaceanemone - town. Playing the odds on this one. We only have 3 scum
8. Galzria - SK. Someone has to be. (I guess not technically. Ok, I read the setup)
9. Roadrunner - town. Dude is always town and no one gives him any credit for it.
10. EFHW - scum. EFHW is a tricky one to place. And I place her as scum
11. O - town. O joking about being scum is townie, Robz doing it is scummy. Perfectly clear logic
12. Faust - town. I hope.
13. Gkrieg - scum. Because I got to the bottom of the list and realized I needed another scum

Hmmmm. Robz/EFHW/Gkrieg scum team with Galzria SK. We have our work cut out for us, town. Or we just lynch the scum.

Also, 3/3. Should have trusted my reads.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 11, 2018, 11:20:33 pm »

Vote: Gkrieg

post reeks of pre-flip planning of wagon to push.

Gkriegs posts seemed pretty natural to me

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 11, 2018, 11:27:07 pm »

Yeah, vote: DatSwan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 11, 2018, 11:33:11 pm »

DatSwan only recieved one vote all of D1 I believe. Some of the reason behind that is his scum partners had no reason whatsoever to vote for him. You find reasons to vote for town, then people do something (lurk, have an "implicating" post, etc) and you latch onto those 2 or 3 townies and make the day all about them. You can ignore your partners.

DatSwan was that scum partner that was ignored D1 (at least as far as voting goes)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 12, 2018, 12:51:36 am »

DatSwan only recieved one vote all of D1 I believe. Some of the reason behind that is his scum partners had no reason whatsoever to vote for him. You find reasons to vote for town, then people do something (lurk, have an "implicating" post, etc) and you latch onto those 2 or 3 townies and make the day all about them. You can ignore your partners.

DatSwan was that scum partner that was ignored D1 (at least as far as voting goes)

You believe wrong — you and gkrieg. Datswan is scummy though

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 12, 2018, 02:32:33 am »

4. e - town.
5. The Wine Merchant - strong town read. He will basically have to claim scum and the rest of you lynch him. I am convinced he is town.
8. Galzria - SK. Someone has to be. (I guess not technically. Ok, I read the setup)
9. Roadrunner - town. Dude is always town and no one gives him any credit for it.
11. O - town. O joking about being scum is townie, Robz doing it is scummy. Perfectly clear logic
13. Gkrieg - scum. Because I got to the bottom of the list and realized I needed another scum

Hmmmm. Robz/EFHW/Gkrieg scum team with Galzria SK. We have our work cut out for us, town. Or we just lynch the scum.

Last time i checked knowing who is Town is a skum trait.
Vote: 2.7
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 12, 2018, 07:18:54 am »

I am all out of love to mouth into your ear
And not above letting a love song disappear
Before it is written.

Vote count 2.1
O (1): gkrieg13
gkrieg13 (1): O
DatSwan (1): 2.71828...
2.71828... (1): DatSwan

not voting (6): Robz888, The_Wine_Merchant, SpaceAnemone, Galzria, Cuzz, EFHW

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Wednesday, April 18 at 9pm forum time.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 12, 2018, 07:48:06 am »

So I assume SK because that would have been a terrible vig shot. Shooting either one of them

I thought you admitted to having read the setup? If we have vigs, they're DayVigs, not standard ones. This is a schadd setup, after all...

I would scumread you for the possibly-staged "look how much I don't know what's going on" thing, and for encouraging others to think about SK-hunting, except that gkrieg made a similar comment towards the end of D1 that stuck in my mind a bit, too.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 12, 2018, 07:59:34 am »

Ah, my previous post makes more sense when I say I totally townread gkrieg, mainly just for not having tried to lynch me yet. He has a really long track record of being head of the "let's lynch Space" drive as either alignment. It would make a lot of sense for him to emulate that behaviour as scum, rather than to risk a townread on me.

I'll get to filling out the rest of my re-reads table sometime in the next few days. I still have to actually re-read gkrieg, but there are a few others I have virtually no informed opinion on right now, like O and Cuzz.

Sorry if the reads format in the code table was a pain for small devices to scroll through! My intention was to keep it in a tidy little box rather that eating up thread space, but I hate trying to make sense of a game on a phone screen, so I'm mostly imagining other people seeing it on screens like mine. My bad :-(
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 12, 2018, 08:03:17 am »

I believe that is three letters accounted for though.

I think a single "O" and a single "L" are more likely, but I don't have time to re-run my probabilities this lunch break.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 12, 2018, 08:08:00 am »

I believe that is three letters accounted for though.

I think a single "O" and a single "L" are more likely, but I don't have time to re-run my probabilities this lunch break.

Ah, wait, I'm being sloppy! I saw that "UB+Tracker" can come about in multiple ways, and accounted for the flips without remembering that we also have to account for the existence of the SK whose existence made there be a second flip in the first place. Definitely need lunch and coffee!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 12, 2018, 08:12:52 am »

EFHW played it townie in my opinion. The prolonged agony of knowing they would mislynch town just seems faked.
I'm townie?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 12, 2018, 09:28:45 am »

4. e - town.

vote: datswan
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 12, 2018, 09:59:32 am »

I'm townie?

I thought how you played at the end of D1 was townie, especially in comparison to DatSwan

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 12, 2018, 10:37:08 am »

right, so apologies for my profound uselessness. this is my first time replacing into a game and I'm doing it badly because I thought I had to read 18 pages of content before contributing and I'm realizing that that's not going to happen. so I'm gonna just reread O because I think this maybe seems like scum O.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 12, 2018, 10:40:12 am »

I'm townie?

I thought how you played at the end of D1 was townie, especially in comparison to DatSwan
So it was Datswan's agony that seemed fake?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 12, 2018, 10:42:06 am »

4. e - town.

this is an awful, awful scummy vote from DatSwan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 12, 2018, 10:46:24 am »

I'm townie?

Yes

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 12, 2018, 10:51:26 am »

I'm townie?

Datswan tried pretty hard to get a different lynch. That didn't seem fake to me. Galzria's refusal to vote IDPTG was a surprise because we needed a lynch and there were maybe 5 minutes left. IDPTG was a terrible lynch. I looked back to try to see how it happened, and several people tried to get other wagons to work - there was the wagon on me, and the one on Robz. I'll try to do a blow-by-blow, see if it yields any insights.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 12, 2018, 11:08:29 am »

Galz was right about IDP as it turned out, but I don't know, I sort of feel like he was doing the whole "look at me, being against this lynch, town laments, ahhh" thing that scum can do confidently because they know who is scum and who is town. So I am scum reading Galz.

I am also scum reading O, way way more than I am scumreading gkrieg.

TWM and Space feel townie. Cuzz being hopelessly out of it seems more townie than scummy.

Not sure about 2.7 and DatSwan.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 21 queries.