Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 140779 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D1 Down the Deep River)
« Reply #325 on: April 08, 2018, 03:17:27 am »

This looks promising. Vote: Idplay

Though I am quite confused that e and gkrieg, two people who have previously defended Idplay, are now voting for him. Do you want to give us an explanation of what changed your mind?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 08, 2018, 04:10:27 am »

Please excuse me for being concerned that scum have been picking up easy, consequence-free mislynches. I forgot random lynching is the best way to win this game.

So this is totally not the point.. but I mean Day 1 in a 13 player game skum undoubtedly has the upper hand at its purest. Everything for town is based off of reads (because no flips yet) and no town has a way of knowing who the other town players are.

I am by comparison to this crowd, newer to this game... but I kind of assumed this was the whole reason for RVS? Kind of the whole "random chance may actually be equal to or better then informed decisions" at this point in the game because the informed decisions are biased by the bad guys.
Not really... I mean that way we would just have the whole game be RVS. I think that a town that is putting in decent work can achieve above-random chances of lynching a scum. Those chances however will still be a good bit below 50%, so it might feel as though it's not worth it.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 08, 2018, 08:25:01 am »

vote: Efhw
why?
You were a wagon I liked. To pull an Awaclus question that I think has validity at times, why shouldn't I vote for you?
Then you'll have a chance at lynching scum. If you have a more specific reason I could respond to that more directly.

also like... I never do this.. but I feel like all Skum would be sure to say "Then we'll have a chance at lynch skum". A small thing - but still.
It was a singular you.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 08, 2018, 08:26:32 am »

The day is actually drawing very quickly to an end. We need a real wagon. Willing to listen to cases that I like

Faust and Galz are normally both far more aggressive when aligned with Town.

Robz saying I am an ok lynch after only nonsense reasons have been posted is skummy. I get that you are the one posting those nonsense reasons, but as I don't think you are skum I am going to hope you are aware of that.

I'll get back to you if I find more.
Why don't you think Robz is scum?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 08, 2018, 12:19:42 pm »

Though I am quite confused that e and gkrieg, two people who have previously defended Idplay, are now voting for him. Do you want to give us an explanation of what changed your mind?

That defense was 3 days ago for me (2 I guess when I switched up my vote) and while other players like Robz and Datswan have posted stuff that make me think they could be town, IDPTG has stagnated in place. And while doing nothing to prove you are town does not mean you are scum, it's as good a place as any to look D1.

So PoE
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2018, 12:39:47 pm »

I haven't played many games with IDPTG, but my impression is that he gets mislynched all the time for the same things that people are noticing here. Is there something new anyone has pointed to?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 08, 2018, 12:46:33 pm »

I haven't played many games with IDPTG, but my impression is that he gets mislynched all the time for the same things that people are noticing here. Is there something new anyone has pointed to?
Can you be a bit more precise?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 08, 2018, 12:50:36 pm »

Was going to say a thing, but I'll wait until faust's question is answered. I've skimmed since my last post and will read it fully later.

PPE: 1

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 08, 2018, 12:54:19 pm »

Was going to say a thing, but I'll wait until faust's question is answered. I've skimmed since my last post and will read it fully later.

PPE: 1

Why not say the thing now? I have always wondered this. If you have something to say, say it. Or are you trying to entrap scum with some uber-special plot based on the answer to one question?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 08, 2018, 12:56:02 pm »

vote: Robz

Bad Lynch: Would Lynch: Want to Lynch post feels scummy to me
For some reason I can't find this post. Can you point to it?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 08, 2018, 01:00:33 pm »

I have a soft spot for people who just post what they are thinking, despite if it "looks good" or not.

For example, I commented on Robz' early game vote moves and his response was that he was "provoking people" seemed very honest and townie. I always get the sense that scum would not be so laissez faire about posts like that.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 08, 2018, 01:01:02 pm »

And then I end up reading all the scum as town....

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 08, 2018, 01:07:23 pm »

This was your initial case on him:
I even have a case:

- Idplay is lurking
- he has not posted any content, instead his posts are only vague criticisms of other people's reads and playstyles, which does not help the game at all
- he's keeping an RVS vote on a major wagon without clarifying whether it's serious now.

You later added dissatisfaction with his lurker arguments. I would add sarcasm to the list. But I don't think anything here is any different from how he usually plays. Scum are always going to focus on the easy mislynches.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 08, 2018, 01:33:32 pm »

The thing I was going to say before:

EFHW, I don't think we've played together much, so I'll give you a very brief history. I've been lynched twice- once as scum D1 and once as town D1. The only time I've been NK'd was when I was an IC (I'm not counting the Weak Visitor game where scum!gkrieg messed with my targeting to get me killed). People do bring up the things they've brought up here most games though.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 08, 2018, 01:40:06 pm »

I even have a case:

- Idplay is lurking
- he has not posted any content, instead his posts are only vague criticisms of other people's reads and playstyles, which does not help the game at all
- he's keeping an RVS vote on a major wagon without clarifying whether it's serious now.

You later added dissatisfaction with his lurker arguments. I would add sarcasm to the list. But I don't think anything here is any different from how he usually plays. Scum are always going to focus on the easy mislynches.
Can you point me to the game where Idplay was mislynched for keeping an RVS vote on a wagon?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 08, 2018, 01:56:52 pm »

I even have a case:

- Idplay is lurking

Can you point me to the game where Idplay was mislynched for keeping an RVS vote on a wagon?

Oh look. From the game where I was mislynched (M108, LOST Mafia):

I guess we need to be moving in a different direction with this game.

Also, unvote. Not actually interested in a LaLight wagon at this time.
Vote: Idplay for this convenient jumpoff.

faust voting me because I moved an RVS vote when a LaLight wagon formed. Make up your mind.

I guess we need to be moving in a different direction with this game.

Also, unvote. Not actually interested in a LaLight wagon at this time.
Vote: Idplay for this convenient jumpoff.

Or maybe I don't like it when my RVS vote is on a wagon that's forming.
??? Then why even RVS vote? Wagons are like the only useful thing to come out of that.

Wait, so hold on. I'm supposed to leave my vote when the wagon forms? Wow. This game is confusing. Because you already listed me not moving my vote as part of your case against me.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 08, 2018, 01:57:24 pm »

And with that, I'm going to focus on my job application and get back to this game later.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 08, 2018, 02:15:33 pm »

Wait, so hold on. I'm supposed to leave my vote when the wagon forms? Wow. This game is confusing. Because you already listed me not moving my vote as part of your case against me.
You're supposed to participate in the game. I still don't know any of what you think about the game except that you scumread Robz, and that I have only learned after pressuring you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 08, 2018, 02:17:42 pm »

That said, vote: gkrieg

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 08, 2018, 03:43:34 pm »

You're supposed to participate in the game. I still don't know any of what you think about the game except that you scumread Robz, and that I have only learned after pressuring you.
It is not great town play to leave your RVS vote up once a number of serious votes have been made.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 08, 2018, 05:56:38 pm »

Faust trying to distract from the IDPTG wagon.

Noted.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 08, 2018, 06:10:51 pm »

@Robz

Why did you only scrounge up three reads in a Won't Lynch: Could Lynch: Want to Lynch format? isn't that a little too precise?

It feels like scum marking off the check boxes of "reads in each category" and then stopping there because committing more reads is worse as scum than as town.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 08, 2018, 06:33:27 pm »

Faust trying to distract from the IDPTG wagon.

Noted.
I'm confused. faust has been pushing the idptg wagon. Why would he do that if he wanted to distract from it?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 08, 2018, 07:12:21 pm »

He sounded a lot scummier in the few posts before my vote.  He still sounds scummy in his defense.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 08, 2018, 07:13:21 pm »

EFHW seems town this game.  I feel like I can usually read her pretty well, and I haven't gotten the scummy vibes yet.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.