Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 140909 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D1 Down the Deep River)
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2018, 07:09:33 pm »

I'm going to be slightly VLA tomorrow, but hopefully by the time I'm back everyone should have said enough to make thorough re-reads useful. I've just got my vote-counter up and running for this game, so here are the post counts since the game started, in case anyone's curious on the back of what e was saying:

Cuzz: 3.
DatSwan: 8.
IDontPlayThisGame: 13.
SpaceAnemone: 13.
EFHW: 15.
Galzria: 17.
O: 18.
Robz888: 18.
mcmcsalot: 18.
gkrieg13: 22.
The_Wine_Merchant: 34.
2.71828.....: 37.
faust: 44.

That seems pretty much right for most people, though I feel surprised that gkrieg's been that present, and that I haven't posted more than EFHW.

PPE: Robz has posted once more since I ran the count...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2018, 07:57:21 pm »

vote: Efhw
why?
You were a wagon I liked. To pull an Awaclus question that I think has validity at times, why shouldn't I vote for you?
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2018, 08:14:40 pm »

Arbitrary cut at 15, because if I include Galz at 17 then have to include the 3 18s and then we are into half the players so not lurkers.

Cuzz --- replaced in, but hasn't really done anything. Would lynch, but am not excited about in that I think that he has mafia would put in a bunch of fluff posts to counter act something exactly like this.
DatSwan --- Has focused mostly on other lurkers. Is annoyed that we are looking at lurkers. I don't exactly understand why we shouldn't exactly look at them. Says that lurkers should be looked at, but also those pushing lurkers and then gives a read of players in that category, falling on faust for ???. Maybe more weird than scummy.
IDPTG --- has exclusively talked about lurkers and himself as a lurker and meta about lurkers. I was surprised by that as I thought he had done more. Would lynch.
Space --- I don't know if I have ever played against a scum space. Honestly I don't really know what to even look for. I too was surprised to find them on the lower end of posting because their posts are some that I actually remembered reading. So cautiously townie here.
EFHW --- already voting there. Doesn't feel like a lurker as posts are there and consistent. Not all of us can be the most common poster. Still don't love their votes on me or Galz. Also somewhat more aware of mcmc than anyone else.

vote: IDTPG not so much for lurking but for only talking about lurking and being very concerned about a lurker lynch but not providing an alternative.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2018, 08:29:38 pm »

I don’t like the EFHW wagon. DatSwan would be an okay lynch, but I prefer IDPTG.

I am catching up now so if you have already answered this feel free to ignore - I will get to it. Why am I an OK lynch? I feel like you think I am skum in every game we play lol
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2018, 08:31:45 pm »

But outside of that the people that have been promoting lynches based on lurking, as well as the lurkers, should be looked into.
Just to clarify that I have done no such thing.

Right - that is totally fair actually. Two separate points.
Point 1 - people that have been promoting lynches based on lurking, as well as the lurkers, should be looked into.
Point 2 - I think you are skum this game.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2018, 08:32:28 pm »

vote: Datswand

I mean I think it will count, but you should probably spell check and re post to be sure. Weird no one else pointed this out...
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2018, 08:46:05 pm »

The day is actually drawing very quickly to an end. We need a real wagon. Willing to listen to cases that I like

Faust and Galz are normally both far more aggressive when aligned with Town.

Robz saying I am an ok lynch after only nonsense reasons have been posted is skummy. I get that you are the one posting those nonsense reasons, but as I don't think you are skum I am going to hope you are aware of that.

I'll get back to you if I find more.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2018, 08:52:39 pm »

Arbitrary cut at 15, because if I include Galz at 17 then have to include the 3 18s and then we are into half the players so not lurkers.

Cuzz --- replaced in, but hasn't really done anything. Would lynch, but am not excited about in that I think that he has mafia would put in a bunch of fluff posts to counter act something exactly like this.
DatSwan --- Has focused mostly on other lurkers. Is annoyed that we are looking at lurkers. I don't exactly understand why we shouldn't exactly look at them. Says that lurkers should be looked at, but also those pushing lurkers and then gives a read of players in that category, falling on faust for ???. Maybe more weird than scummy.
IDPTG --- has exclusively talked about lurkers and himself as a lurker and meta about lurkers. I was surprised by that as I thought he had done more. Would lynch.
Space --- I don't know if I have ever played against a scum space. Honestly I don't really know what to even look for. I too was surprised to find them on the lower end of posting because their posts are some that I actually remembered reading. So cautiously townie here.
EFHW --- already voting there. Doesn't feel like a lurker as posts are there and consistent. Not all of us can be the most common poster. Still don't love their votes on me or Galz. Also somewhat more aware of mcmc than anyone else.

vote: IDTPG not so much for lurking but for only talking about lurking and being very concerned about a lurker lynch but not providing an alternative.

So my concept is "weird" yet you feel the need to cut a list based on post counts that iso's people you consider to be lurking?
That sir, is weird.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2018, 08:59:31 pm »

Datswans last post makes me think he is either town with Cuzz or they are one scum/one town. Just not both scum on the same team to forget that RR was replaced

literally had no idea RR was replaced. I mean whatever, choose to believe it or not, but yeah just oblivious on my part.
Also, Town/Town for forgetting makes sense. And so does, I guess Town/Skum - where Cuzz is skum (I am not saying I think he is, more of a "anything is possible"), but like... in what world does Skum!Anyone screw up a reads list by not posting a result on a Town Player?
real good. That’s how

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2018, 09:18:56 pm »

So my concept is "weird" yet you feel the need to cut a list based on post counts that iso's people you consider to be lurking?
That sir, is weird.
Is it? I wasn’t limiting myself to voting a lurker. But instead looking specifically at them.
If none of them were scummy I would not have voted for them.

I already have a decent idea of where I stand on all the other players as they had sufficient posts to asses. The lurkers, not as much

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2018, 09:42:38 pm »

That sir, is weird.
Is it? I wasn’t limiting myself to voting a lurker. But instead looking specifically at them.
If none of them were scummy I would not have voted for them.

I already have a decent idea of where I stand on all the other players as they had sufficient posts to asses. The lurkers, not as much

That is a fair response. I guess I still find it weird that you wouldn't of just originally included all players in the list - but point taken.
real good. That’s how

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2018, 10:00:21 pm »

Please excuse me for being concerned that scum have been picking up easy, consequence-free mislynches. I forgot random lynching is the best way to win this game.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2018, 10:34:51 pm »

Tossed in the viper pit, all those feelings and fears,
and all that difficult ---- in all those tender years.
There was something in the air; something gathered in the air.
Something singing in the wind.

Vote count 1.8

faust (1): DatSwan
Robz888 (2): IDontPlayThisGame, EFHW
McMcsalot (1): Galzria
EFHW (2): mcmcsalot, SpaceAnemone
IDontPlayThisGame (2): Robz888, The_Wine_Merchant
The_Wine_Merchant (1): faust
DatSwan (2): gkrieg13, 2.71828...

not voting (2): Cuzz, O

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Monday, April 9 at 9pm forum time. like less than 2 days!!!

mod gnote: I'm Doing One
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:35:32 am by iguanaiguana »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2018, 10:37:10 pm »

vote: Robz

Bad Lynch: Would Lynch: Want to Lynch post feels scummy to me

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2018, 10:46:47 pm »

why?
You were a wagon I liked. To pull an Awaclus question that I think has validity at times, why shouldn't I vote for you?
Then you'll have a chance at lynching scum. If you have a more specific reason I could respond to that more directly.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2018, 10:47:50 pm »

why?
Then you'll have a chance at lynching scum. If you have a more specific reason I could respond to that more directly.
I realize you changed your vote already. But I wanted to answer.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2018, 12:48:11 am »

why?

he could vote for you and still we could lynch skum.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 08, 2018, 12:48:44 am »

why?

he could vote for you and still we could lynch skum.

i suck. its in bold.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2018, 12:50:22 am »

why?

also like... I never do this.. but I feel like all Skum would be sure to say "Then we'll have a chance at lynch skum". A small thing - but still.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 08, 2018, 12:59:16 am »

Please excuse me for being concerned that scum have been picking up easy, consequence-free mislynches. I forgot random lynching is the best way to win this game.

So this is totally not the point.. but I mean Day 1 in a 13 player game skum undoubtedly has the upper hand at its purest. Everything for town is based off of reads (because no flips yet) and no town has a way of knowing who the other town players are.

I am by comparison to this crowd, newer to this game... but I kind of assumed this was the whole reason for RVS? Kind of the whole "random chance may actually be equal to or better then informed decisions" at this point in the game because the informed decisions are biased by the bad guys.

Regardless, that is more of just me asking a question I have been meaning to for some time - The important part would be IDP stating "consequence-free mislynches". Bull. If you are Town then you don't know anyone's alignment on Day 1. But Day "x" down the road... these factors come into play. Are you just pretending like that is not a thing? Are you promoting a world in which you believe we actually have a better than break even chance at finding Skum on a regular basis Day 1?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2018, 01:00:33 am »

also - is anyone else willing to get on the Faust (or Galz) train with me?
If not I need some reasons that don't suck for other options.
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2018, 01:22:55 am »

vote: IDPTG

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2018, 01:23:23 am »

I'm going to be slightly VLA tomorrow, but hopefully by the time I'm back everyone should have said enough to make thorough re-reads useful. I've just got my vote-counter up and running for this game, so here are the post counts since the game started, in case anyone's curious on the back of what e was saying:

Galzria: 17.
O: 18.
Robz888: 18.
mcmcsalot: 18.
gkrieg13: 22.
The_Wine_Merchant: 34.
2.71828.....: 37.
faust: 44.

That seems pretty much right for most people, though I feel surprised that gkrieg's been that present, and that I haven't posted more than EFHW.

PPE: Robz has posted once more since I ran the count...

I haven’t been in a game in what seems to me like forever

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2018, 02:02:04 am »

Celebrating, will catch up.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2018, 03:01:52 am »

Vote: IDPTG

I like DatSwan's burst of activity.

Would also like a space lynch but I doubt people will go for that
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.