Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 140884 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D1 Down the Deep River)
« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2018, 04:44:56 pm »

I think right now I'm on the edge with Galzria, TWM, and Datswan.  As in, I think they are scummy, in that I don't think they have done anything townie.
But Idplay has?

I thought his defense was townie in that he tried to defend himself, instead of just fading into the background.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2018, 07:06:23 pm »

unvote. Embarrassed to admit I conflated posts by e and Galzria. Galzria didn't claim to have ignored the setup, which was part of my "scumread".

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2018, 07:20:45 pm »

RR is town for lurking
He isn't lurking. He hasn't posted or been online since the game opened. That is called absent and is alignment proof.

RR is town for being absent

... IDK how TWM is capable of figuring out he has not been online

One thought is that they are both scum and RR hadn't been to the mafia qt.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2018, 07:49:16 pm »

unvote. Embarrassed to admit I conflated posts by e and Galzria. Galzria didn't claim to have ignored the setup, which was part of my "scumread".

This seems odd from you. While e asked at #38 whether he should read the setup, he then stated at #39 that he had read it... so even thinking that e is ignoring the setup doesn't quite track.

I'm definitely not a fan of the way e treats most complex setup thought as something to be dismissed, but I feel like that's a slightly separate thing.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2018, 07:53:49 pm »

RR is town for lurking
He isn't lurking. He hasn't posted or been online since the game opened. That is called absent and is alignment proof.

There's also the possibility that TWM just looked at RR's profile page for his last login date, and saw that he hasn't been online since just after midnight on 2nd April.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 05, 2018, 08:51:12 pm »

Yea I am not a fan at all of what O is doing
Which posts in particular do you object to?

His inital joke followed by his joke explanation followed by his self vote. Meh actually I am fine with his posts afterward, thanks for making me do that.
This feels like a townie post. Similar to the one that whomever pointed out about Robz above.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2018, 08:52:43 pm »

RR is town for lurking

There's also the possibility that TWM just looked at RR's profile page for his last login date, and saw that he hasn't been online since just after midnight on 2nd April.
Oooh! That is exactly what I did! Datswan's question feels legitimate. EFHW just feels like a smear attempt, although to be fair a major stretch of one, so maybe not really?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2018, 08:54:11 pm »

Still don't know why that  is scummy? I have yet to make a thorough read through the setup and this certainly isn't the first time. I'll probably get to it Night 1 or if I have to at some point during Day 1 (claim or something that happens).

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2018, 10:06:12 pm »

IDP - You have merit to this I suppose. But you have clearly stated you are skum reading IDP, EFHW, and MC. Why not push for someone who is contributing content from your list? Wouldn't that be more beneficial if they flip skum as opposed to someone who has contributed essentially nothing?
The idea is that pushing for that case will lead to more contribution from that person. Also I fundamentally disagree that it is more beneficial to lynch an active scum than it is to lynch a scum lurker.
Right but like... only if they are skum. Since players have no color prior to flip i guess we just have different opinions. I generally would lynch the more active of a skum Pool instead of the lurker for the information it would generate (regardless of allignnment.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2018, 12:35:47 am »

IDP - You have merit to this I suppose. But you have clearly stated you are skum reading IDP, EFHW, and MC. Why not push for someone who is contributing content from your list? Wouldn't that be more beneficial if they flip skum as opposed to someone who has contributed essentially nothing?
The idea is that pushing for that case will lead to more contribution from that person. Also I fundamentally disagree that it is more beneficial to lynch an active scum than it is to lynch a scum lurker.
Right but like... only if they are skum. Since players have no color prior to flip i guess we just have different opinions. I generally would lynch the more active of a skum Pool instead of the lurker for the information it would generate (regardless of allignnment.
I wouldn't.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2018, 12:39:19 am »

I am seriously confused by the amount of defense Idplay is getting for showing the tiniest amount of work. But some of those defending him have to be town... I don't get at all how you could feel so strongly about Idplay. Doing anything is now a reason to be townread? Or what?

Eh. Well since  this is going nowhere, I might as well vote: EFHW

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2018, 05:53:08 am »

I am seriously confused by the amount of defense Idplay is getting for showing the tiniest amount of work. But some of those defending him have to be town... I don't get at all how you could feel so strongly about Idplay.

I saw Gkrieg's one, which basically echos what I think, which is that IDP is freakily invisible because of the lack of avatar.

Now I'm actually looking, I see that mcmc said specifically that he thought IDP's defense was townie. So that's a second.

Are you counting Datswan's vague statement about preferring to lynch an active scummy person rather than a lurky one as a defense? I think I'm with Swan on that one, but it's going to be really variable depending on the person, their playstyle, and the role they've been dealt in the game, so really it has to be considered on a case-by-case basis. Personally, I just don't have a feeling either way on IDP yet.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 06, 2018, 06:01:41 am »

Eh. Well since  this is going nowhere, I might as well vote: EFHW

I'll bite. Vote: EFHW.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2018, 06:11:43 am »

I am seriously confused by the amount of defense Idplay is getting for showing the tiniest amount of work. But some of those defending him have to be town... I don't get at all how you could feel so strongly about Idplay.

I saw Gkrieg's one, which basically echos what I think, which is that IDP is freakily invisible because of the lack of avatar.

Now I'm actually looking, I see that mcmc said specifically that he thought IDP's defense was townie. So that's a second.

Are you counting Datswan's vague statement about preferring to lynch an active scummy person rather than a lurky one as a defense? I think I'm with Swan on that one, but it's going to be really variable depending on the person, their playstyle, and the role they've been dealt in the game, so really it has to be considered on a case-by-case basis. Personally, I just don't have a feeling either way on IDP yet.
No, I'm also counting e:

I even have a case:

- Idplay is lurking
- he has not posted any content, instead his posts are only vague criticisms of other people's reads and playstyles, which does not help the game at all
- he's keeping an RVS vote on a major wagon without clarifying whether it's serious now.

First two points are fair, third point is scummy from faust.

Declaring the Robz wagon "major" is a stretch of the imagination at best. Yeah, it got 3 quick votes, but at the time of the post only had two, myself and IDPTG. By those standards unless you unvote completely, anyone who still has an "RVS" vote is scummy. Basically, faust is trying to throw shade where none is to be found.

And the first two points are about as alignment indicative of IDP as my statement of RR is town for being absent

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2018, 06:13:48 am »

Side note, I also don't understand why people would want to leave lurkers alive. I'd rather lynch a scummy AND anti-town player than one who is just scummy.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2018, 07:05:49 am »

Shivering from the late fall cold,
I felt like a solid ghost.
I ran and then I couldn't slow.
My father found me though, my father took me home.

Vote count 1.6

Galzria (1): gkrieg13
Robz888 (2): IDontPlayThisGame, 2.71828...
O (2): O, DatSwan
McMcsalot (1): Galzria
EFHW (4): The_Wine_Merchant, McMcsalot, faust, SpaceAnemone
IDontPlayThisGame (1): Robz888

not voting (2): Cuzz, EFHW

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Monday, April 9 at 9pm forum time.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:32:53 am by iguanaiguana »
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2018, 07:15:10 am »

I reread for a bit and realized that I don't want to be voting EFHW. She conflated posts by Galzria and e and that only happens to scum!EFHW if both Galzria and e are town, thus the probability of EFHW being scum is decreased.

On the other hand I am not a fan of TWM so far. Vote: TWM

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2018, 09:11:52 am »

I reread for a bit and realized that I don't want to be voting EFHW. She conflated posts by Galzria and e and that only happens to scum!EFHW if both Galzria and e are town, thus the probability of EFHW being scum is decreased.

Specifically, you don’t like what?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2018, 09:23:00 am »

Specifically, you don’t like what?

This:
2.718 is townie.

TWM is possibly actually DAMA or is trying too hard. This sequence felt forced:
Why can't it be both? The last two were intentional misspellings because at the time I thought it was funny. My sense of humor gets seriously warped after a couple of drinks.

But I hardly think that is alignment indicative and if anything it is your vote that feels forced.
The accusation of Galzria is something I don't like. and talking about a thing you did yourself as "not alignment indicative" feels like you are detached from your own play, like you are merely faking it.

I don't like your original EFHW vote which is just for a "bad" read. I don't like the mcmc buddying.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2018, 11:11:50 am »

RR is town for lurking

That is a much better explanation. But a scum player with a missing partner would be more likely to be aware of such things. I know it isn't much, but lacking another lead that speaks to me, vote: TWM.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2018, 11:47:00 am »

RR is town for lurking

That is a much better explanation. But a scum player with a missing partner would be more likely to be aware of such things. I know it isn't much, but lacking another lead that speaks to me, vote: TWM.
A scum player would also be more aware to not talk about this publicly.

Why are you not voting Cuzz if you think they're partners?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2018, 12:12:17 pm »

Is my lack of avatar really that big of a deal? You can just say you don't remember me. I won't be insulted.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2018, 12:44:44 pm »

Is my lack of avatar really that big of a deal?

Yes, for me having an avatar there makes a big difference in my ability to organise my thinking. I may not be entirely neurotypical, but I also can't see the use of an avatar not helping most people.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2018, 12:46:42 pm »

Is my lack of avatar really that big of a deal?

Yes, for me having an avatar there makes a big difference in my ability to organise my thinking. I may not be entirely neurotypical, but I also can't see the use of an avatar not helping most people.

Ugh, fine, I'll find one.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2018, 01:35:01 pm »

Why are you not voting Cuzz if you think they're partners?

When you voted for EFHW, you seemed to be trying to create consolidated wagons. I think that's a reasonable idea when we're coming into a weekend that's pretty much right before the deadline.

Now you've jumped away from EFHW (someone was complaining earlier about Robz going for any wagon that looked like it might stick..) and seem to be challenging her to start a new wagon on a currently-unvoted-for player; that just doesn't feel consistent.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.