Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 140800 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D1 Down the Deep River)
« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2018, 07:08:50 am »

Why is everyone making such a big fuss about e's very inconsequential RR read? Aren't there more important things on your mind? Like you could tell me how you feel about my Idplay case, or explain to me how your read on O developed since you vote for him.

RR Case - I made it pretty clear that my statements about this were based on - what appears to be - a mutual understanding. That is to say it is nonsense. Just because it is nonsense does not mean we should ignore the nonsense surrounding it though.

O Read - Pretty much the same as it was at the beginning. Voting for the IC Day1, self voting for fun, making some absurd early claim, etc. always leads to the same WIFOM - "why would someone do that as skum?". Thing is, they like... always turn out to be skum. So no, nothing really new, but I still like the vote. Could also go for Galz at this point, but the dude literally never gets lynched so I don't see the point in trying.

IDP - You have merit to this I suppose. But you have clearly stated you are skum reading IDP, EFHW, and MC. Why not push for someone who is contributing content from your list? Wouldn't that be more beneficial if they flip skum as opposed to someone who has contributed essentially nothing?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2018, 07:11:03 am »

also, collaborative effort attempt here - same question to you. how do you feel about your original O vote? I know you switched off, but where are you at on that currently?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 05, 2018, 07:33:17 am »

IDP - You have merit to this I suppose. But you have clearly stated you are skum reading IDP, EFHW, and MC. Why not push for someone who is contributing content from your list? Wouldn't that be more beneficial if they flip skum as opposed to someone who has contributed essentially nothing?
The idea is that pushing for that case will lead to more contribution from that person. Also I fundamentally disagree that it is more beneficial to lynch an active scum than it is to lynch a scum lurker.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 05, 2018, 07:39:37 am »

also, collaborative effort attempt here - same question to you. how do you feel about your original O vote? I know you switched off, but where are you at on that currently?
I don't like what he's doing, but he did similar silly stuff in M100 and was town there. I seem to remember that scum!O is more in the background, but cannot recall a game where he was scum.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 05, 2018, 08:47:35 am »

I don't like what he's doing, but he did similar silly stuff in M100 and was town there. I seem to remember that scum!O is more in the background, but cannot recall a game where he was scum.

What am I doing?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2018, 09:00:25 am »

What am I doing?
Jokes and self-votes.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2018, 09:02:15 am »

What am I doing?
Jokes and self-votes.

Not outside of the first three posts of the game. Try again.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2018, 09:23:59 am »

Datswan is towny, faust is fausty. The case on Idplay is decent
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2018, 09:34:05 am »

I have a general impression that inactive!RR is more often town than scum.  That being said, being absent doesn't help either faction that he might be on
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2018, 09:39:55 am »

What am I doing?
Jokes and self-votes.

Not outside of the first three posts of the game. Try again.
I am confused. Are you trying to convince me that you are scummy?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2018, 09:50:47 am »

Yea I am not a fan at all of what O is doing
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2018, 10:15:42 am »

I even have a case:

(1)- Idplay is lurking
(2)- he has not posted any content, instead his posts are only vague criticisms of other people's reads and playstyles, which does not help the game at all
(3)- he's keeping an RVS vote on a major wagon without clarifying whether it's serious now.

The numbers are mine, not faust's.

1) This comes up in every game I've played in recently. I often have trouble figuring out what to say to help a game which leads to posting nothing which doesn't help.
2) See the second sentence of 1.
3) Started as RVS, but I like the vote and it should be considered serious. Robz's opening reminded me of M111 where he was scum and I like mcmc's argument a little while back. That's enough of a reason for me to have a serious vote at this point.

With regards to lurkers = scum, how often has scum really been lurking? I can understand if people keep going with it as a policy thing to discourage scum from lurking, but I can't think of a time in my games that a lurker lynch hit scum. The closest would be M112 when scum!TWM was lynched and didn't have many posts, but that was a very slow game in general and I don't think he was lynched solely because he had a low post count.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2018, 10:19:56 am »

I even have a case:

- Idplay is lurking
- he has not posted any content, instead his posts are only vague criticisms of other people's reads and playstyles, which does not help the game at all
- he's keeping an RVS vote on a major wagon without clarifying whether it's serious now.

This is good enough. Vote: IDPTG
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2018, 10:23:51 am »

With regards to lurkers = scum, how often has scum really been lurking? I can understand if people keep going with it as a policy thing to discourage scum from lurking, but I can't think of a time in my games that a lurker lynch hit scum. The closest would be M112 when scum!TWM was lynched and didn't have many posts, but that was a very slow game in general and I don't think he was lynched solely because he had a low post count.
Do you think you would lurk more or less or the same amount as scum?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2018, 10:44:47 am »

I'm not sure. I've been scum all of once and it was....a very poor showing.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2018, 10:50:25 am »

So if you wouldn't say that you would lurk less as scum, then why should we take you lurking as a reason not to lynch you?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2018, 10:54:26 am »

IDPTG's first few posts were attempts to hold me accountable for statements I shouldn't really be held accountable for, so I found that a bit scummy.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2018, 10:56:16 am »

I even have a case:

- Idplay is lurking
- he has not posted any content, instead his posts are only vague criticisms of other people's reads and playstyles, which does not help the game at all
- he's keeping an RVS vote on a major wagon without clarifying whether it's serious now.

First two points are fair, third point is scummy from faust.

Declaring the Robz wagon "major" is a stretch of the imagination at best. Yeah, it got 3 quick votes, but at the time of the post only had two, myself and IDPTG. By those standards unless you unvote completely, anyone who still has an "RVS" vote is scummy. Basically, faust is trying to throw shade where none is to be found.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2018, 10:56:29 am »

Yea I am not a fan at all of what O is doing
Which posts in particular do you object to?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2018, 10:58:59 am »

I even have a case:

- Idplay is lurking

First two points are fair, third point is scummy from faust.

Declaring the Robz wagon "major" is a stretch of the imagination at best. Yeah, it got 3 quick votes, but at the time of the post only had two, myself and IDPTG. By those standards unless you unvote completely, anyone who still has an "RVS" vote is scummy. Basically, faust is trying to throw shade where none is to be found.

And the first two points are about as alignment indicative of IDP as my statement of RR is town for being absent

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2018, 11:01:50 am »

I do think Robz is fishing for any wagon that will stick at this point. Gkrieg, Faust, and now IDPTG

Now I just have to remember if he does that as town or scum... or both.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2018, 11:02:32 am »

I will paint it as scummy and help build my case

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2018, 11:16:48 am »

I do think Robz is fishing for any wagon that will stick at this point. Gkrieg, Faust, and now IDPTG

I'm just sort of provoking people in my own way, that's all.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2018, 11:25:36 am »

I'm just sort of provoking people in my own way, that's all.

What does this even mean?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2018, 11:36:59 am »

So if you wouldn't say that you would lurk less as scum, then why should we take you lurking as a reason not to lynch you?

That wasn't meant as, "hey, I've been lurking a bit and therefore I'm town". It was a question that hasn't been answered.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.