Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (Game over - Town wins!)  (Read 140910 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M115: Okkervil River Mafia (D1 Down the Deep River)
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2018, 09:46:33 am »

Also I think that Robz has actually been fairly townie, and that's only like 25% me not liking wagons that I didn't start myself!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2018, 09:46:48 am »

Robz doesn't seem scummy yet. That never happens. I think O complaining about being likely to be away but able to get to the internet is townie -- contrast with the things faust posted as scum in M113 when he was about to visit me in my own internet-enabled house!
It seems a very strange idea to judge people's alignment by how much time they are willing to spend on mafia during their holidays. Or during away time, I am not sure what exactly O is away for, not that it matters. What I posted in M113 had nothing to do with my alignment whatsoever, and I see no reason why what O posted would.
I agree and am curious what you think that indicates of Space's alignment?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2018, 09:50:57 am »

Robz doesn't seem scummy yet. That never happens. I think O complaining about being likely to be away but able to get to the internet is townie -- contrast with the things faust posted as scum in M113 when he was about to visit me in my own internet-enabled house!
It seems a very strange idea to judge people's alignment by how much time they are willing to spend on mafia during their holidays. Or during away time, I am not sure what exactly O is away for, not that it matters. What I posted in M113 had nothing to do with my alignment whatsoever, and I see no reason why what O posted would.
More town than scum. I remember Space being like super convinced I would be scum in M113, which gives confirmation bias to see everything I did there as scummy which given the same mindset makes it likely for them to see people as townie that do not behave as I did then.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2018, 09:54:43 am »

He is definitely more jokey than he was then but I agree that this is slightly scummy. Mainly because his post was about his meta right out the gate. Last game(114) as SK his first post was about how he was going to be super super townie that game, as town in 113 he started out the gate with interacting with others, town in 112 right out the gate with analysis, 111 scum jokes about massclaim now or later, 107 hes scum and talks about how he hasn't been in two games at once in awhile and that we double check claims to make sure its possible and not let scum make impossible fake claims.  So it appears robz makes jokes, talks about himself, and the setup much more often as scum. Good enough for a vote: robz for now.
I am not super convinced by this. It seems to me that Robz being more jokey and less scumhunty is just a result of his posts being the first in the game. Which, you may argue that scum!Robz is more acutely aware of when the day starts and that might well be, but it makes this evidence even more circumstantial.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2018, 10:27:50 am »

More town than scum. I remember Space being like super convinced I would be scum in M113, which gives confirmation bias to see everything I did there as scummy which given the same mindset makes it likely for them to see people as townie that do not behave as I did then.

I agree it seems towny. My thought was that I agreed with you that I don't think either case was alignment indicative and I couldn't see a reason that scum!Space would state a somewhat stretch of a reason to townread O at this stage of the game.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2018, 10:47:45 am »

Space is town. Galz is scum

vote: galz

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2018, 11:54:43 am »

@MCMC what exactly does a town Robz look like in your mind

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2018, 11:56:41 am »

No real content d1 but strong statements is gkrieg scum MO but frankly I don’t remember games with him as town to compare

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2018, 12:01:06 pm »

When so many of you post the same reads at the start of every game it’s both a stale environment and anti town imo. Pretty low effort

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2018, 12:03:29 pm »

Galz asking for clarification on rules within the thread seems off to me.
Self voting O feels weird as well.

vote: O

Agree re: Galzria. vote: Galzria

Same question to you, can you specify exactly what it is that feels off about galz asking for clarification in thread?

would actually like EFHW to answer before datswan.
It's not really particular to Galz, but in general it seems rare to me that people ask for setup clarification in that way. Scum narrative would be that he needs things to say but also needs to look like he hasn't had reason to pay attn to the set-up. This accomplishes both.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2018, 12:14:32 pm »

“I have a vague disinclination towards this highly generic behavior” truly is how scum are best hunted

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2018, 12:19:52 pm »

When so many of you post the same reads at the start of every game it’s both a stale environment and anti town imo. Pretty low effort
Do you mean you dislike many different people expressing the same read in a game or the same person expressing the same read on a person over multiple games?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2018, 12:29:52 pm »

Do you mean you dislike many different people expressing the same read in a game or the same person expressing the same read on a person over multiple games?

The second one. I do It myself when I’m scum even because it’s a lot easier to directly copy reads than generate new fake ones

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2018, 12:44:12 pm »

2.718 is townie.

TWM is possibly actually DAMA or is trying too hard. This sequence felt forced:

Also dama except i am going to bed so all answers will b giv n sober

Fick aitocorrect

Fick aitocorrect

Actually, vote: TWM. Better than a rvs!omgus!joke vote on Robz

I agree with you about 2.7 disagree about TWM, none of that looked forced. This is I think a total null alignment sequence and I'm leaning town on twm.

I guess what feels forced is that autocorrect, by definition, should take improperly spelled words and create actual words from them- perhaps not the ones you intended, but still real words.

It's not a prefect system, no - but TWM blaming it while continuing to misspell and the system not catching anything feels like they were intentionally spelled wrong - hence, forced.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2018, 12:59:57 pm »

This is a damn confusing setup and I don’t think it’s particularly scummy for Galz to openly ask questions about it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2018, 01:00:53 pm »

Hey mcmc this game has been going for half a day already: more than enough time for you to tell us if gkrieg is scum.

Is he?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2018, 01:04:32 pm »

No real content d1 but strong statements is gkrieg scum MO but frankly I don’t remember games with him as town to compare

I would say that I make strong statements with little D1 content as both alignments, but that I do it much more as town.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2018, 01:05:02 pm »

Hey mcmc this game has been going for half a day already: more than enough time for you to tell us if gkrieg is scum.

Is he?

I'm pretty sure mcmc always thinks I'm scum...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2018, 01:05:48 pm »

This is a damn confusing setup and I don’t think it’s particularly scummy for Galz to openly ask questions about it.

The setup isn't that confusing, because the role PMs are right there.  You just have to realize that you can't have that much knowledge of the setup before some flips happen, which is par for the course with 9++ setups.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2018, 01:06:45 pm »

Is he?

Also after the Space Alert game, I decided that I was going to take a long break, but couldn't stay away.  I would've been much less keen to play this game as scum, and would be lurking a lot harder.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2018, 01:26:12 pm »

The setup isn't that confusing, because the role PMs are right there.  You just have to realize that you can't have that much knowledge of the setup before some flips happen, which is par for the course with 9++ setups.

TBF:

A) I also asked those questions in my QT and hadn't yet received a response

&

B) If memory serves it's been 6 years since I've played a 9++ setup. I'm not exactly intimately familiar with how it rolls. Add in a few changes for this, and yeah, it's a little confusing. As I'm apparently not the only one that feels this way, I feel justified in asking for clarifications.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2018, 01:35:50 pm »

Is he?

Also after the Space Alert game, I decided that I was going to take a long break, but couldn't stay away.  I would've been much less keen to play this game as scum, and would be lurking a lot harder.

I agree that you be less keen to play this game as scum. I disagree that enough of the game has gone by to make an evaluation as to whether you are active or lurking. That little flurry of posts just now doesn’t really settle the matter.

So vote: gkrieg

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2018, 01:36:48 pm »

TBF:

A) I also asked those questions in my QT and hadn't yet received a response

&

B) If memory serves it's been 6 years since I've played a 9++ setup. I'm not exactly intimately familiar with how it rolls. Add in a few changes for this, and yeah, it's a little confusing. As I'm apparently not the only one that feels this way, I feel justified in asking for clarifications.

And the setup info is written in Schadd speak, a language I do not speak fluently.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2018, 01:40:32 pm »

Is he?

I agree that you be less keen to play this game as scum. I disagree that enough of the game has gone by to make an evaluation as to whether you are active or lurking. That little flurry of posts just now doesn’t really settle the matter.

So vote: gkrieg

But it also doesn't un-settle the matter.  So what is the vote for?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2018, 01:48:51 pm »

2.718 is townie.

TWM is possibly actually DAMA or is trying too hard. This sequence felt forced:

Also dama except i am going to bed so all answers will b giv n sober

Fick aitocorrect

Fick aitocorrect

Actually, vote: TWM. Better than a rvs!omgus!joke vote on Robz

I don't see any reason to think that sequence was anything except actual DAMA. I know I have experience posting multiple autocorrect failures in a row in similar situations
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 20 queries.