Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Blacklisting Due To Undo  (Read 1808 times)

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Blacklisting Due To Undo
« on: March 23, 2018, 02:56:02 am »
+2

I remember seeing somewhere (can't remember where) that if enough people blacklist a person, then losses to that player will not count with the ratings, as a sort of solution to resigns to slow-players (not slow players - slow-players). And that it works retroactively - when such a player is flagged, games played in the past will be removed from the ratings calculations. Maybe that player also gets some sort of warning, or something. Not sure how it all works. Anyways ..

One reason I ban people is if they don't undo things in a similar way I do. I mean no hard feelings - I just feel games can still remain fair, competitive, fun, and fast when no-info and certain some-info undo requests are allowed. And I get that there is (arguably) no such thing as an unfair undo denial. If you have different undo preferences or have some sort of policy you follow, that's totally cool. I just want to play with people that are not too serious about it, like me. Personal preference.

So ... do such blacklisted players get the warnings and removal from ratings and all that? I'd feel bad, as my only reason for blacklisting them is personal preference. And if enough other people have similar preferences, this player would seem no different (from a ShIT perspective) than all the d-bags out there causing the real mischief.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 03:07:41 am by Dingan »

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Re: Blacklisting Due To Undo
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 05:11:32 am »
+11

Being blacklisted a lot isn't a reason to get banned, it's a reason to get investigated.
So please continue & feel free to blacklist people for whatever reason you don't want to play against them.
Join the Dominion League!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.