Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Strange things with Necromancer and Overlord  (Read 1490 times)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
Strange things with Necromancer and Overlord
« on: March 23, 2018, 12:05:54 am »
+4

After reading this post, I started wondering two things:

1. Does the card played by Necromancer get turned over when it's chosen, or after it finishes being played? (My guess is the latter)
2. Does an Overlord being played from the trash stay an Overlord (since it's not in play), or does it get stuck as the card it was played at (since it never leaves play)?

Because depending on how those resolve, then you could do this:

I have two Necromancers in hand. There is an Overlord in the trash, and a Throne Room in the supply. I play the first Necromancer, using it to play the Overlord. I choose to play the Overlord as Throne Room, using it to play the second Necromancer twice. The Overlord is still an Overlord (depending on the ruling for (2)) and is still face-up (depending on the ruling for (1)), so I can choose to use the Necromancer to play it again, potentially picking another card in the supply.  When that's done, I turn the Overlord face-down, so I can't use the second play of the Throned Necromancer to play it again.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
Re: Strange things with Necromancer and Overlord
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 05:02:40 am »
+4

1. Does the card played by Necromancer get turned over when it's chosen, or after it finishes being played? (My guess is the latter)
2. Does an Overlord being played from the trash stay an Overlord (since it's not in play), or does it get stuck as the card it was played at (since it never leaves play)?
1. It turns over when chosen, since that way I stop shenanigans involving another Necromancer getting played while the first Necromancer resolves.
2. The Overlord flickers briefly into being the chosen card, then returns to being an Overlord.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 02:21:28 pm »
+3

While we're on the subject of shenanigans with Necromancer, I assume that if you play Necromancer on a card in the trash then gain that card from the trash, then re-trash it, it's face up when it returns to the trash and you can play Necromancer on it a second time in the same turn?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 08:06:24 pm »
+4

While we're on the subject of shenanigans with Necromancer, I assume that if you play Necromancer on a card in the trash then gain that card from the trash, then re-trash it, it's face up when it returns to the trash and you can play Necromancer on it a second time in the same turn?
Yes.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.