Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Heirlooms and split piles as full kindoms piles?  (Read 7595 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: Heirlooms and split piles as full kindoms piles?
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 10:36:10 am »
+1

I looked into buying Guilds/Cornucopia and places want $70 for it! Must be out of print for some reason? I'll grab it when the price comes back down, thanks for everyones suggestions!

The next printing should be out soon, likely within the next month. That’s Donald’s latest news on BGG, anyhow.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1004
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2018, 10:44:43 am »
+2

The other thing about Port is that its special ability only fires if you buy it, and $4 Villages are at their most powerful when you can gain them.
You can still gain a Port with a Workshop and it'll still be as good a a regular Village.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2018, 12:02:03 pm »

I looked into buying Guilds/Cornucopia and places want $70 for it! Must be out of print for some reason? I'll grab it when the price comes back down, thanks for everyones suggestions!
Yes, they allowed stock of the first edition to run down to zero, but then didn't immediately do the second edition, so it's been unavailable for a few months.

This has been a major inconvenience for me: having discovered I couldn't get Cornucopia any more, except as part of the combined set, I sold my copy of Guilds before finding out I couldn't buy Cornucopia+Guilds either.

Fortunately, just this week, Donald said on BGG that we only have a few more weeks to wait. Phew!

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2018, 06:38:04 pm »

It might be balanced at .

So, like Port then?

It would be worse than Port, but it would be fine at $5.

Just goes to show how good Port is. I think it’s legit better than Wandering Minstrel.

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 04:57:47 pm »

I think the obvious thing to do with the heirlooms is to put them into your starting ten, replacing a copper as normal, and just not using the card that it pairs with.  Adding goat doesn't add barely any complexity, if you leave the pixie behind, and you'll never think "this is weird without pixie".

More reading about this can be found here....
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1888875/using-heirlooms-without-their-respective-kingdom-c
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

jonaskoelker

• Explorer
  • Grand Market = cantrip Woodcutter
  • Respect: +397
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 06:28:25 pm »

[T]he base set already had a card that functioned almost identically [to Port], but it cost , and 2 buys instead of 1.

I would buy two Villages if it cost .
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.445 seconds with 34 queries.