Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Viewing as a spectator on online client  (Read 3642 times)

XD9

• Steward
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Viewing as a spectator on online client
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:31:38 am »
+1

Hello,

I can't figure out how to view a 3rd party game when I join a table at dominion.games.  It let's me "join table", but then all I see is the set-up screen showing options and chat.  I don't see how to actually go to the table to view the game?  Can someone help me with that?

Thanks.
XD9

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing as a spectator on online client
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 11:52:13 am »

1. Friend player
2. Join game

It sounds like you’ve got the hang of it, but sometimes players are hanging out in the game lobby.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:53:23 am »
+1

Hello,

I can't figure out how to view a 3rd party game when I join a table at dominion.games.  It let's me "join table", but then all I see is the set-up screen showing options and chat.  I don't see how to actually go to the table to view the game?  Can someone help me with that?

Thanks.

It should load automatically if the game has started, is it possible you joined a table where the players simply hadn't started the game yet?

Sometimes this is bugged though, and the game doesn't load. I would try refreshing the browser. Or loading up a private/incognito window, enter your login credentials for dominion.games, but don't click login, instead click "Kick & Resign" below the login buttons. Then try logging in again and joining the table.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 02:56:23 pm »

It could be you didn't set the filter to show all running games when on the tables tab. Without that, you'll only see tables for games that have not started yet.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 08:43:47 pm »

1. Friend player
2. Join game

It sounds like you’ve got the hang of it, but sometimes players are hanging out in the game lobby.

Is there a quick & easy way to do it without friending?

XD9

• Steward
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 10:45:54 pm »

Thank you.  I did not realize you had to be friends with them in order to spectate.  So when there is a tournament that you want to watch via the client (like season 26 finals) do I have to friend the two finalists just to watch their game?  Thanks.
XD9

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 10:46:29 pm »

1. Friend player
2. Join game

Is there a quick & easy way to do it without friending?

If you want a specific game with specific players, this the best way to do it. If you just want any random game, you can go to the Tables tab and just pick one, there are various filters you can also apply there, but they are mostly useless.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:49:52 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 10:47:30 pm »
+1

Thank you.  I did not realize you had to be friends with them in order to spectate.  So when there is a tournament that you want to watch via the client (like season 26 finals) do I have to friend the two finalists just to watch their game?  Thanks.

You don't have to add them to your Friend list in order to spectate, it's just the easiest way to find a person's game (since it will show whether they are online and in a game on your Matching tab). You can just add one of the players also and it will work fine.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:48:32 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

samath

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: SamE
  • Respect: +678
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 12:36:15 am »
+1

Another alternative: If there is a big important match with a lot of spectators, you can often find it in the Tables tab by clicking the Spectators column to sort by the number of spectators. (Make sure you check the "Show running games" box first so it even shows up at all.)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.