Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21  All

Author Topic: M114: Wheel of Time II - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 68977 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
M114: Wheel of Time II - Game Over! Town Wins!
« on: March 06, 2018, 12:54:00 pm »

Welcome to M114: Wheel of Time II!

Mod: EFHW

This is an open setup for 12 players. Flavor is based on the book series Wheel of Time.

Players:
1. Robz888 Lynched Day 2 Padan Fain, an "Aes Sedai" Serial Killer
2. Joseph2302
3. schadd
4. SpaceAnemone
5. TheWineMerchant
6. Theorel
7. Galzria Killed N2
8. DatSwan Killed N1 Alviarin of the Aes Sedai Black Ajah
9. Awaclus Killed N1
10. mcmcsalot Lynched Day 1 Al'Lan Mandragoran. He walked in the Light
11. Witherweaver
12. pingpongsam

Spectators : e, iguanaiguana, Ghacob, ashersky, Jimmmmm

Day starts:
Day One Start
Day Two Start
Day Three Start

General rules

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play. Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any game-related source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and the QTs specifically designed for this purpose.
3. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. Day phases will last 7 days, Night lasts 48 hours.
2. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
3. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mod locks the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
5. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, a no-lynch will occur.
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes may not be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax. Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
11. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, purple text is reserved for the mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please discuss this in your role QT.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 24 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to replacement without further notice.  If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Whether a prior announcement means that the missing player will not be replaced is up to the mod.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game. Do not discuss this game in any thread that is not directly related to it.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a post in the role QT. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed. Whether your request to /out will lead to replacement or a modkill is up to the mod's discretion.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 06:48:32 pm by EFHW »

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: M114: Wheel of Time II
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 12:54:29 pm »

Wheel of Time II

Players:   12

This game is based on the Donner Party setup. Instead of Cannibals, we will have Aes Sedai.

Setup:

2 Aes Sedai Black Ajah
1 Aes Sedai Serial Killer
1 Aes Sedai Vigilante
1 Foxhead Amulet (Flavor Cop)
1 Shield (roleblocker)
6 People who walk in the Light (Town)

Darkfriends (those who don't walk in the light) will receive safe fakeclaim flavor names.

Unique Mechanics:

Daystart

Mafia have daytalk

The town cannot no-lynch. I'm removing this rule because I think non-majority lynches really hurt the game.

Aes Sedai kills (of any alignment): When an Aes Sedai night-kills someone, they take the body and put it in their stasis box, resulting in no role/alignment reveal to the town for that kill. The Aes Sedai who performed the kill learns the role/alignment reveal via their result PM. If an Aes Sedai night-kills another Aes Sedai, they take all of the bodies their target had, learning all the role/alignment information their target knew. This will include their target's night-kill target from that same night, if applicable. If more than one Aes Sedai night-kill the same target, they will all learn the target's role/alignment information. They will not learn that their target was killed multiple times. If two Aes Sedai night-kill each other, and are not in turn night-killed by yet another Aes Sedai, their role/alignment information, and that of all the bodies they possessed, is revealed to the town. The Aes Sedai mechanic has no effect on lynches. The role/alignment of the lynchee is always revealed to the town. If an Aes Sedai is lynched, the role/alignment information of all their bodies is also revealed.

Role PM's

Aes Sedai Black Ajah
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are one of the Aes Sedai Black Ajah, along with your partner, [Player Name].

Abilities:

Factional communication: At any time in the game, you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic link].

Aes Sedai nightkill: Each night phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional nightkill. You will receive back a result in the shared QT indicating success or failure, and in the case of success you will receive the target's role/alignment information. If they were an Aes Sedai, you will receive the role/alignment of all bodies they possessed when they were killed. The role/alignment of your night-kill targets is not shared with the town.

Win condition:

You win when all other killers are dead and you control 50% of the town or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Aes Sedai Serial Killer
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are Padan Fain, an Aes Sedai Serial Killer.

While you are not technically an Aes Sedai, your transformations by the Dark Lord and Mordeth have given you strange powers to sense your targets and your dagger kills with just a touch.

Abilities:

Aes Sedai nightkill: Each night phase, you may perform your nightkill. You will receive back a result indicating success or failure, and in the case of success you will receive the target's role/alignment information. If they were an Aes Sedai, you will receive the role/alignment of all bodies they possessed when they were killed. The role/alignment of your night-kill targets is not shared with the town.

One-shot Night-kill Immunity: The first night you are targeted for a night-kill (even if you're targetted more than once), you will not die. You are not notified that this has occurred.

One-shot Roleblocker Immunity: The first night you are targeted by the Roleblocker, the roleblock on you will fail. You are not notified that this has occurred.

Win condition:

You win when you are the last player alive or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Aes Sedai Vigilante
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are Egwene Al'Vere, the Amyrlin Seat. You are an Aes Sedai Vigilante.

Abilities:

Aes Sedai nightkill: Each night phase, you may perform your nightkill. You will receive back a result indicating success or failure, and in the case of success you will receive the target's role/alignment information. If they were an Aes Sedai, you will receive the role/alignment of all bodies they possessed when they were killed. The role/alignment of your night-kill targets is not shared with the town.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Town Foxhead Amulet
Welcome, [Player Name], you are Mat Cauthon, the Town Flavor Cop. The amulet you received from the Aelfinn allows you to detect when someone channels the One Power.

Abilities:

Each night phase, you may investigate one player by PM'ing the mod. You will receive results in the form of Aes Sedai, Not Aes Sedai or No Result.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Town Shield
Welcome, [Player Name], you are Rand Al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn and Town Roleblocker. You would think the Dragon Reborn would have a more exalted role, but the Car'a'carn is no more than another chief. As the strongest channeller in town, you have the ability to weave a shield cutting another channeller off from the One Power.

Abilities:

Each night you may choose to roleblocker a player, which will prevent them from using an action. The only exception to this is if you target the Serial Killer - they will bypass your block the first time this happens.

Win condition:

Those who walk in the light
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:33:28 pm by EFHW »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 01:02:58 pm »

/in
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 01:08:44 pm »

This setup looks awesome, by the way.

Does the Aes Sedai kill result for the Black Ajah go in the shared mafia QT, or this information only given to the one that performed the kill?

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 01:56:06 pm »

/in
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 01:56:19 pm »

And also, I'm the SK
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 02:34:15 pm »

in

i would like to not join so i can replace in because efhw has replaced into like two of my games but idk if anyone is gonna replace out
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 03:17:44 pm »

This setup looks awesome, by the way.

Does the Aes Sedai kill result for the Black Ajah go in the shared mafia QT, or this information only given to the one that performed the kill?
Thanks! The result will go to the shared qt.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 07:16:24 pm »

/in :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 07:29:15 pm »

i'll play
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 09:28:09 pm »

/in
Yay, Wheel of Time :)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 10:27:32 pm »

Strange setup. At least it's known though. I like that. I'm not alive in any other games, so /shrug.

/in
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 11:58:02 pm »

sweet.

/in
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 12:43:55 am »

we have 8/12 people from gilmore girls lmfoao
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 01:37:55 am »

/in
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 02:10:02 am »

/tag
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: M114: Wheel of Time II - 3 Spots left!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 11:12:14 am »

/in!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 11:36:43 am »

Setup looks fun but scary difficult for town. I like the power of the sk and with a roleblocker to cover the tracks of oh I shot X and they didn't die means sk. I think I actually want to be sk for once.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 11:42:55 am »

Setup looks fun but scary difficult for town. I like the power of the sk and with a roleblocker to cover the tracks of oh I shot X and they didn't die means sk. I think I actually want to be sk for once.

Yes but all multiball setups are inherently difficult for scum. SK looks reasonably strong here, I agree.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 11:45:38 am »

Yes but all multiball setups are inherently difficult for scum. SK looks reasonably strong here, I agree.

Oh yea I didn't think of the basic sk can kill mafia thing rescind my scary statement, it just looks fun!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M114: Wheel of Time II - 2 Spots left!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 11:56:05 am »

My self imposed one game at a time rule sucks: (

/tag
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 12:33:24 pm »

I think I have to

\in

because of the flavor.

I should point out that I may have questionable access over small periods in the next month or so.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 01:24:29 pm »

My self imposed one game at a time rule sucks: (

/tag

Rules were made be broken.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: M114: Wheel of Time II - 1 Spot left!
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 11:20:21 am »

/in
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: M114: Wheel of Time II - 1 Spot left!
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 12:38:07 pm »

Yay! PM's will go out by tonight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21  All

Page created in 2.52 seconds with 19 queries.