Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Expansions Ranked 2018  (Read 5589 times)

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chase Adolphson
  • I love dominion!
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
Dominion Expansions Ranked 2018
« on: February 18, 2018, 10:15:05 pm »

Here's how I would rate them.

13 dark ages
None of the cards really stand out to me as good cards

12 seaside
Same problem with dark ages except for not as bad

11 dominion
Too basic and boring

10 prosperity
Same problem with dark ages and seaside but platinum and colony are good

9 nocturne
Some are good some are bad

8 guilds
Same problem with nocturne but there are more good ones.

7 intrigue
I like victory cards that don't clog up your hand

6 adventures
Travellers are cool but slow

5 hinterlands
Only a few useless cards

4 promo
Really interesting

3 cornucopia
Really powerful cards, and prizes

2 empires
Really wealthy, also very useful cards

1 alchemy
Almost every single one is in my top 20
I'm glad to be talking with people that like dominion as well.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Expansions Ranked 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 10:42:23 pm »

Is this a ranking based on how strong/useful the cards are? How fun they are? Both?

I'd have to think about how to rank all of them, but I would say Empires is my favourite at this point. The cards are strong but tend to be interesting. Landmarks are cool too. It's just the events that don't seem as exciting as the Events in Adventures.

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • I love dominion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 10:49:33 pm »

I think empires has better events than adventures
Dominate conquest delve wedding

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 11:07:40 pm »

I think empires has better events than adventures
Dominate conquest delve wedding

Empires Events tend to feel more dramatic, including Triumph and Donate, but the Adventures Events usually feel like they have a significant impact on the way the game plays out more frequently. Empires has more oddball events like Tax, Ritual, Annex, Banquet, and sometimes Windfall. Adventures also has 20 Events to 13 Events in Empires.

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • I love dominion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 11:59:28 pm »

Inheritance and seaway are good but overall empires is better

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 06:38:50 am »
+4

Please refrain from opening duplicate threads and check if a thread is already open. Which it is in this case, see here.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • I love dominion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 01:19:14 pm »

How would you rate them

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 01:09:52 am »

My favorite expansion to the bottom of the barrel.

1. Adventures
I love reserve cards, the durations are cool, the travelers might take awhile but it’s worth it for a few turns at least.

Favorite cards- giant, ranger, page, swamp hag, storyteller, port, wine merchant, transmogrify, royal carriage and lost city
 The only cards I hate are raze and maybe dungeon.

2. Cornucopia
I love the idea of gaining huge rewards for variety. And I love most of the prizes.

Favorite cards- menagerie, tournament, farming village, fairgrounds, hunting party, followers and trusty steed

Remake is the only card I hate.

3. Empires
I love the events more than adventures events. I love the landmarks I like all the split piles.

Favorite events and landmarks- wedding, dominate, delve, donate, museum, orchard and tomb

Favorite cards- plunder, catapult, chariot race, enchantress, archive, farmers market, bustling village, sacrifice, engineer and the castles.
I don’t really hate of the cards. However I hardly ever buy overlord and royal blacksmith when there in the game.

4. Alchemy
I’ve noticed it seems to get a bad rap cause it’s harder to buy potion cards. But because of that there really powerful cards. And I don’t have any I really hate. But there are some I don’t buy too often. Transmute, philosophers stone and apprentice.

Favorite cards- vineyard, golem, apothecary, and scrying pool.
The only down side is I wish there were more cards, especially since the other 2 small expansions were combined. They either need to make more alchemy cards or make another small expansion.
And then combine the 2 one day.

5. Promo
Black market is my most favorite card. But since the other promo cards aren’t as cool. So the promos aren’t on the top of the list just for 1 card. Envoy and prince are okay though.

6. Dark ages
An entire expansion devoted to trashing is pretty cool. Even though some of my friends don’t like trashing cards, it’s only because they don’t like the idea of getting rid of thier coppers. And they don’t play dominion enough to know that most games don’t have a copper strategy. And so because of that they won’t buy rats. So it’s in the middle for that reason.

Favorite cards- squire, rebuild, fortress, rats, Ironmonger, cultist, market square, sage, bandit camp and hermit/madman
Hated cards- pillage is my most hated attack card. It’s a one time use and unlike embargo it’s harder to buy. Unless your playing with rouge or lurker than it’s not a total loss. Counterfeit and catacombs are the only other cards I’m not fond of.

7. Hinterlands

It was my first expansion I bought. Meaning I never bought intrigue and I just bought seaside a few months ago. I bought hinterlands About 3 years ago. Intrigue and nocturne are the only expansions I don’t have. So yes I may still be a rookie dominion player. Anyways I chose hinterlands first for a couple of reasons. 1 a friend of mine bought intrigue a couple of months before I bought hinterlands and already planned on buying seaside next. We both agreed to get other expansions until we started buying the rest. So I looked at all the available expansions. And chose hinterlands since it seemed like a good next choice to a newbie dominion player. And at the time prosperity was nearly twice the cost of hinterlands. And 3 expansions were too small on their own. And adventures wasn’t out yet. So for beginners this is pretty good choice for a first expansion.
I like the fact that there’s 3 reaction cards, 3 victory, and 3 treasure cards. I also like to call this discarding expansion just like I like to call dark ages the trashing expansion. So that’s pretty cool. However since it is sorta of a easier expansion it’s also mostly the reason it’s in the middle.

Favorite cards- border village, margrave, haggler, cartographer, tunnel, trader, I’ll gotten gains(especially since moat doesn’t work against it unless it’s trader), scheme, crossroads, nomand camp and highway.
The only cards I’m not fond of is Silk Road, jack of all trades, duchess and develop. But with that said there’s a lot of other cards from other expansions I hate more.

8. Seaside
I love duration cards, and the mats are pretty cool. But not a big fan of the fact that they only work with 1 card each. The embargo tokens are my most favorite aspect of this expansion. But like I said I won’t choose an expansion as my favorite for just 1 awesome card. That is definitely in my most favorite top 25 dominion cards ever. And there’s not a lot of good options of cleaning your deck of coppers and estates. Lookout can be devastating at the middle to end of the game and salvager isn’t too useful when trashing coppers, rat catcher is a whole lot better. Since there’s a lot of cards in the dislike pile is another reason this expansion is closer to the bottom.
Favorite cards- embargo, caravan, native village, outpost, wharf, ghost ship, treasury, smugglers and bazaar.
Hated cards- navigator, explorer, and I’m not too fond of lookout, haven, sea hag and pearl diver

9. Intrigue
There’s a lot reasons why this closer to the bottom. 1 is I don’t own it another is they removed cards that I think are cool and I can’t find them anywhere to buy, so that means I’m not the only one who likes the cards that were removed. Cause the original removed dominion cards like adventurer and feast and chancellor there’s a lot of people selling those. So I’ll be including the removed cards in my favorite list.
Favorite cards- lurker, swindler, nobles, sabatoer, secret chamber, Coppersmith, minion, courtier, mill and pawn.

Hated cards- trading post, Duke, upgrade, and scout.

10. Guilds
Since it’s small and there aren’t a lot of cards I like this is near the bottom

Favorite cards- baker, soothsayer, herald, advisor and doctor.

Hated cards- masterpiece, journeyman, and merchant guild since it’s kind of weak.

11. The base dominion game.
Since it’s simple and easy. It gets kind of old real fast. I enjoy playing it buy it self but only like a game or 2 and then it’s pretty boring. But still I enjoy it more than prosperity and nocturne cards.
But there’s not many cards I hate.

Favorite cards- harbinger, market, mine, council room, throne room, village, bandit, moat, witch, militia and gardens
Hated cards- feast, adventurer, and poacher

12. Prosperity
I know there’s a lot of people who love this expansion, but I’m not one of them. 1 reason why most people like this expansion is because it has platinum and colony, which you can but in a separate pack anyway. I love action cards the most, however this expansion is mostlly treasure. You take those out and it’s almost the same the size as alchemy. And there’s a lot of actions and treasure cards I hate in this expansion. And there’s only 1 Card I’d put in my top 25 list. Goons! And the fact that this expansion has no 2 cards is a big bummer.

Favorite cards- goons, kings court, quarry, monument, city, mountebank, grand market, bank, and contraband.
Hated cards- forge, mint, venture, royal seal, and hoard.

13. Nocturne

To think there’s an expansion I hate more than prosperity! First of all it looks like it would take a while to set up, Tom vasel hates it, the night faze is confusing, too confusing for most of my friends too, and there’s just so many cards I hate that I won’t even bother mentioning. I would never buy this, unless someone sold it to me for 5 dollars.
Favorite cards- pouch/tracker, magic lamp/secret cave, conclave, guardian, sacred grove, blessed village, skulk, and cobbler.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.