Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Idea: Add a card to a rated game  (Read 1777 times)

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
Idea: Add a card to a rated game
« on: February 11, 2018, 05:49:38 pm »
+3

Kind of the converse of a ban list (which I also hope we're getting soon). Where ban list addresses all those games where you think, "This would be so much more fun if it didn't have (card x)," with this I'm looking to address the games where I've said, "This would be so much more fun if it had a (card type x, like splitter, trasher, etc)."

The idea is that you see 8 random cards instead of 10 (for 2-player games, 7 for 3, etc), and finish setup by each player picking one card to add. If players pick the same card either add another random card or choose one of them at random to re-select.

What do folks think, would you use a feature like this?
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
Re: Idea: Add a card to a rated game
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 06:34:57 pm »
+1

No. But if I could easily agree on a card to automatically include in a rated game (before seeing the kingdom), I would do that. I propose Black Market - great, you like it too, let’s have the next game have Black Market (through automatch and not just table shenanigans).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:20:26 am by JW »

theblankman

• Witch
  • Respect: +383
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 08:30:33 pm »
+1

I propose Black Market - great, you like it too, let’s have the next game have Black Market (through automatch and not just table shenanigans).
Yeah I'd force a card more if automatch worked with tables, but I'm not really looking for just more games with my favorite cards. I like figuring out a random board, but I hate realizing things like, "Oh none of the other cool stuff matters cause this one card dominates and there's no counter to it." There's too many cards like that for a ban list to work, and I wouldn't want to ban most of them anyway cause they're fun on the right board, so instead I propose a limited version of letting people fix the board.
it's a shame that full-random is the de facto standard

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 09:43:19 pm »

Asking for automatch to work with created tables would be a lot more feasible. I would totally agree with that.

markus

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: markus
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 04:08:40 am »

Asking for automatch to work with created tables would be a lot more feasible. I would totally agree with that.
What does automatch with created tables mean? If there are two players at separate tables that want to play their next game with Black Market that they should get matched automatically? In practice, you would wait forever.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 04:44:43 am »
+1

What does automatch with created tables mean? If there are two players at separate tables that want to play their next game with Black Market that they should get matched automatically? In practice, you would wait forever.

I suppose it means that if I create a table with Black Market, I can have people can be assigned to it through automatch.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.