Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heros  (Read 3263 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem Heros
« on: February 09, 2018, 12:42:27 pm »
+1

Hey anyone on here play Fire Emblem Heros? It's a silly mobile game but it does have some enjoyable fire emblem tactics and character/team building is enjoyable. Most of the game is played against developer generated maps so whales that spend tons of money to get better units aren't a problem like they are in most similar mobile games. The only time you compete against other players is in the arena and their team is still controlled by the ai so if you are smart you can still work around most whale teams.

I ask because I have accrued most of the best units in the game and need help theory crafting multiple teams. This was the best place I knew with people who would enjoy doing that.

If you don't play the game but enjoyed any other fire emblem games I would suggest giving it a try. The main story is essentially a fire emblem game except you can only deploy four units per map and movement is slightly different (armored 1, infantry/flier 2, cavalry 3). Most characters are obtainable as 1-5 star units and you can increase a units star using feathers which are not a super rare resource. Finally all characters have a base kit of a weapon, support or movement ability, special, and some of an A/B/C/D skill. You summon new units from rotating banners where you have an increased chance to get a few 5 star units an I have found orbs which you use to summon are also not a rare resource if managed even slightly.

The advanced level of play and where I am looking for some help comes in when it comes to bane/boon of units and skill inheritance. Each unit when summoned has a randomly increased and decreased stat making even duplicate units slightly different and you can get rid of any unit to give 3 of their skills to a different unit. This makes creating the theoretical "best" units very very subjective as two of the same characters with different stats could be better suited to four totally different skills and play a totally different role in a team.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heros
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 06:26:47 am »

I believe there was a thread talking about FEH in the Other Games forum a while ago. It's a really well made mobile game, I feel. Easy to play but difficult to master, entirely feasible for F2P players (non-spenders) to complete most, if not all, content with some dedication - yet still rewarding to spenders. The gameplay is fun and strategic. While it has some issues (the whole gacha style of obtaining most characters is often fun, but can be very frustrating.

Anyway, I've been playing it since March last year. I feel like I've got a good grasp of stuff - been clearing the new daily GHB infernal challenges with each different emblem team okay, and I'm a near-F2P (I bought the Black Knight pack and that's it). So if you want advice or a hand with things I can probably help.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 04:21:38 pm »

I’m looking for help with assembling enough teams for squad assault/what to do with my “good” units in not using and I’m curious how heavily you weigh IV’s for unit builds.

I have:
Brave Ike, Brave Lucian, Olivia, Brave Lyn as my main team.
Zelgius, Hector, Nowi, Genny as my second team. (This one feels week even though hex/zelgius/nowi are supposed to be the best units at their role. I think the issue is they are all enemy phase units and lack enough enough mobility to appropriately cover counters)
I’ve got Two Christmas Chrom, a Christmas Lisa, and a Christmas Tharja. Great units but it puts my armor emblem ability at only green and red :(
Katarina, Fjorm, and Vanguard Ike are my remaining decent 5 Stars.
I also have a horse emblem team of merged 4 stars.

I’ve only done skill inheritance for my main team. But I’m struggling to decide to do skill inheritance for anyone else until I get a team that I like and I just can’t find any sets that I like.

Obviously I have a blue defecit (you don’t know how sad I was I didn’t get winter robin for an amazing armor march armor emblem) and I also have a dancer defecit. I guess I’m curious what you think about my units and what some of your squads are.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 05:16:12 pm »

i don't think FEH is awful, but it's not my drug of choice and one gacha mobile game is plenty.

I wish my brief stint with it had been after the various improvements.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 01:17:45 pm »

I’m looking for help with assembling enough teams for squad assault/what to do with my “good” units in not using and I’m curious how heavily you weigh IV’s for unit builds.

Nature is somewhat important, but it does depend on the unit. For example on Reinhardt, +Atk makes a significant difference, especially compared to -Atk which makes him go from a top tier threat to just being okay. On other characters like Cecilia, who can make good use of all their stats, a good nature is a minor benefit rather than a major factor. Certain natures might make me gravitate towards certain builds over others - for example, I pulled Elincia when she first came out, but since she was +Res/-Spd I opted not to do her "optimal" quad attack desperation build and instead just focused on getting two strong brave sword hits, while also tanking green and red mages.

Obviously I have a blue defecit (you don’t know how sad I was I didn’t get winter robin for an amazing armor march armor emblem) and I also have a dancer defecit. I guess I’m curious what you think about my units and what some of your squads are.

I've been playing longer, so I've got quite a few more 5*s than you probably (60 at level 40, several more high value fodder (BIke, BLyn, plus a normal Ike that I should probably just merge into my other Ike, since Heavy Blade doesn't seem all that useful right now). And because of that, I don't really have specific teams any more. I mostly just put together my units into whatever teams are convenient at the time - for example including a bonus unit for a Tempest team, including a unit I'm trying to grind some SP on etc. This is especially true in Assault modes - rather than trying to build five/seven specific teams for them, they're usually much easier to handle if you look at the enemies coming up and put together a bespoke team to counter that group of enemies.

But in terms of some specific regular teams I use, I've got:

My main Arena core:

Est 5*+7 (+Atk, -Def) - 36/49/28/26/35

Brave Lance+
Reposition
Iceberg
Death Blow 3
Hit and Run
Def Ploy 3
(Guidance 3)

Est is a physical nuker, with 55 Atk on initiation. Against slower opponents, Hit and Run can leave a gap ahead of her for the BK/4th unit to jump into, or just pull her back enough for Reposition or whatever. Def Ploy helps most of the team do more damage, and Guidance is great for getting people around.

Black Knight 5*+2 (Neutral) - 49/51/35/36/18

Alondite
Reposition
Ecli...Black Luna
Steady Breath
Wings of Mercy 3
Atk Tactics 3
(Panic Ploy 2)

The Black Knight is ironically a F2P unit with my most expensive skill inheritance. I don't think either needs much explanation with this team though - Steady Breath is just insanely good, even though it's maybe not so crazy with Black Luna. Atk Tactics benefits the rest of the team a lot, and since everyone is a different move type it's easy to exploit.

Nino 5*+2 (+Spd/-Def) - 34/50/45/19/30

Gronnblade+
Draw Back
Iceberg
Fury 3
Desperation 3
Hone Atk 3
(Spd +2)

Nino does her best.

The 4th unit varies every time, obviously. Next season I'm probably going to use Bridal Lyn, since she covers another attacking type I don't have normally (blue magic), provides armour march for BK and herself, and basically fits best of the options. I do have a V!Ike though, so he's also an option.

Another common team/team group I use is my horse teams. The exact set of units I use varies but here's an example comp:

Xander 5*+1 (Neutral) - 45/51/27/41/20

Siegfried
Reposition
Bonfire
Fury 3
Quick Riposte 2
Ward Cavalry
(Distant Def 3)

Standard Xander really. Tanks at range and counters with QR. QR3 is expensive for not much improvement, so I used QR2.

The Reinhardt 5*+1 (+Atk/-Who cares) ??/45/??/??/??

Dire Thunder
Draw Back
Moonbow
Death Blow 3
Lancebreaker 3
Goad Cavalry
(Heavy Blade 3)

Magic is everything

Cecilia 4*+10 (+Atk/-Spd) 38/48/24/24/31

Gronnraven+
Draw Back
Moonbow
Triangle Adept 3
G Tomebreaker 3
Fortify Cavalry
(No Seal currently)

Cecilia is a prime candidate for a 4* merge. This build probably cost me in total about 30K feathers to put together - 20K for the first 5* promotion for Gronnraven+, and about 10Kish for G Tomebreaker and other 3* Cecilia promotions. I chose +Atk/-Spd after much indecision since Cecilia makes use of basically all of her stats, but Spd is probably the least valuable to her - she isn't fast enough to double much, and against the majority of enemies, her getting doubled or not isn't important - reds wreck her regardless, blues and colourless do negligible damage, and G Tomes, well, that's why G Tomebreaker is there. She can cover a lot of bases really well with this setup. I might switch Moonbow for another special at some point, either Iceberg or Luna probably.

Elise 5* (+Def/-Spd) - 30/42/29/22/32

Gravity++ (Dazzle)
Recover+
Kindled-Fire Balm
Grani's Shield
Live to Serve 3
Goad Cavalry
(No Seal)

Elise can serve a few different minor roles on my horse teams. She can bait and counter Wolf Tomes, and while her attacks don't do much damage, the Gravity effect can be useful and she won't take much damage either. She can Gravity+ to chip damage and hinder movement of a whole group, and then get repositioned back to safety while someone else deals some damage/kills one person safely. She can of course heal huge amounts with Recover+, 31 HP without any buffing. And she provides another Goad. Her nature isn't ideal, but whatever.

I have several other cavalry units built up as well - Camus, Sigurd, B!Roy, Titania+1, Clarine and of course the infamous B!Lyn. This is just one random example team of them. In reality I probably wouldn't use this specific team, due to the lack of Hone (which I have on Titania, Clarine and B!Roy) but whatever. I wanted to include Cecilia at least to show how nice building 4*'s can be.

I'll give some specific thoughts on your units and builds in the next post.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 02:05:48 pm »

Brave Ike, Brave Lucian, Olivia, Brave Lyn as my main team.

The Brave Heroes are pretty solid. Throwing in a dancer makes a lot of sense. Seems like a good team.

Zelgius, Hector, Nowi, Genny as my second team. (This one feels week even though hex/zelgius/nowi are supposed to be the best units at their role. I think the issue is they are all enemy phase units and lack enough enough mobility to appropriately cover counters)

Yeah, this doesn't seem like a great comp overall. Like you say they're mostly enemy phase focused, which leaves you struggling to secure kills on player phase. This team really needs someone offensive, like a Firesweep or Brave weapon user, or maybe a bladetome, to really ramp things up and get kills quickly after taking hits.

I’ve got Two Christmas Chrom, a Christmas Lisa, and a Christmas Tharja. Great units but it puts my armor emblem ability at only green and red :(

My armour team was the exact same until a few days ago. Heck I didn't even have four 5* armours until about a month or two ago. A full armour team is honestly only really worth it for the quests I'd say, especially if you lack armour march.

Katarina, Fjorm, and Vanguard Ike are my remaining decent 5 Stars.
I also have a horse emblem team of merged 4 stars.

Pretty much every 5* can be fairly good, so any 5*'s you've got can certainly do work for you, especially in quests and Assault modes. All of these are good, as you say, and there's several others that can be too.

I’ve only done skill inheritance for my main team. But I’m struggling to decide to do skill inheritance for anyone else until I get a team that I like and I just can’t find any sets that I like.

Don't fret too much over skill inheritance. Some skills are rare and valuable, but a lot of it is pretty much just fodder anyway. You should at least do some basic stuff - specials are generally quite obvious for units with a very high defensive stat (usually go for the faster charging option unless they do something specific with the slower one), for assist skills you usually want Reposition or Draw Back, and possibly swap for armours. I tend to put Reposition on melee units and Draw Back on ones I don't want on the front line, but Reposition is often better regardless (needs the fodder though). For A, B and C skills there's a lot of good stuff depending on the unit. Some characters like Zelgius you can basically just leave as he is, but for others like Nowi, you really want to put things like Quick Riposte on her if possible.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 04:52:17 pm »

Thank you very much for that tables. Helpful to know that essentially I just need to keep grinding for some more units as well as use my feathers on the units I have been debating about. It's cool to see that you use what is considered a lower tier unit in you main team in Est. Curious if you happened to draw multiple 5* of her or did you feather up 4* to get her to plus 7 and do you think her plus 7 status is why you use her or do you genuinely like her kit?

Love your horse emblem team, My cecilia is currently at +4 and my plan is to +10 her. Never thought to turn one into a 5* to then fodder the Gronnraven+ I will absolutely do that. Been debating 5*'ing my Xander as well so I will probably do that as well.

Just my luck that the newest banner has Ninian! With 200 orbs I should absolutely be able to solve my blue deficit and my dancer issue all in one go. I think I will probably 5* my Fae and Adult!Tiki to join my Nowi in a Dragon Emblem team.

Lastly I'm curious how you feel about the new Love Abounds Units. LA!Hector is theoretically the "best" green axe alongside regular Hector but I'm finding it hard to justify pulling for my 5th green armor unit and 6th green 5*. Also I'm eyeing LA!Lyn as she would fill my blue slot on armor emblem and get me that much needed armor march but since I agree it would only help me clear the armor emblem missions its not a huge priority.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 05:28:08 pm »

I decided on Est for a few reasons, but basically it was about a week before she became a meme. I had realised she had potential due to her 35 base Atk, which was at the time joint highest among fliers - but she was the only one available at 3-4*. I had loads of her already, and she's not very useful for inheritance, so she seemed like an ideal candidate to start building as a main team unit. I have no strong attachment to Est as a character, she just happened to be a character with good stats and good availability to build.

I knew roughly what kit I wanted - Brave Lance+ to exploit her attack, Hit and Run or Drag Back to dart back to safety, Iceberg to exploit her high Res, Reposition because Reposition. I had noticed Def Ploy would be good on her but figured it wouldn't be an option for me, since it was at the time locked to a seasonal unit. But that was fine - she was running Goad Fliers and fit nicely in my flier team.

So I promoted my first to 5*, and slowly started building her up from there. After promoting I sac'd a spare 5* Abel pity breaker for the Brave Lance+, and started on the kit, and she ended up doing fairly well. So I continued with my plan, merging more in. I've stopped at different values in the past - I was at +4 for a while, since +4 gives an extra point of attack, but then I slowly worked up to +7 as each merge along there gives another useful stat: +5 gives Res, +6 gives Atk, +7 gives Res. +8 isn't very helpful to her, since she only gains Def/Hp, so it might be a while before I drop the 40K feathers needed to get her to +9, and then the last 20K for +10. I'll probably put more effort into my Nino before then, who is currently at +3.

Xander is... probably not as good now as he once was, but for a time, Xander was one of my star units. He was my summoner support for a bit, and I focused a little on his Res and he ended up being a crazy tank, against both magic and physical. Now he's still good but maybe not so much.

For you, I think V!Lyn is probably more valuable than Vector. I personally really want either Vector or Hector so I can murder him and take his Distant Counter. I've never pulled either, so... I'm a little sad about that. Holding off on spending orbs on this banner isn't a bad idea, I think. I spent about 180 orbs on green, and got +HP/-Atk V!Lilina, +HP/-Atk V!Lyn and Hawkeye, who was sacrificed for Death Blow 3 before I even bothered checking his nature. Kinda disappointed overall. That Lilina gave me Atk Tactics at least, which was nice, and I decided that was more valuable to me than having a V!Lilina I probably wouldn't really use anywhere. V!Lyn helps on armour quests at least.

Right now the armour missions in the game are either the Training Tower ones, which you should be totally fine on I guess anyway (worst case is you just reroll them until there's a 3 enemy one and destroy it - I used to do that back with a full 4* armour team), and the GHB Elite ones, which are sticking around for an entire year. Either way, I don't think Armour March needs to be a priority.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 09:04:46 am »

Well my quest for Ninian was killed by a blueless summon and a Sonya pity breaker :( but the plus side is I picked up a 4* reinhart along the way, immediately 5*'d him and now I have a much stronger horse emblem/a strong blue mage period.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 02:31:02 am »

Nice. Is it a +Atk Reinhardt? That does make a pretty big difference to how effective he is. Neutral Atk is fine, but +Atk is what you really want.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 10:27:55 am »

Nice. Is it a +Atk Reinhardt? That does make a pretty big difference to how effective he is. Neutral Atk is fine, but +Atk is what you really want.

Yep, for once I got blessed by a Boon +Atk -Res. The -Res is a little annoying because I can easily reposition him out of the way of melee units he can't kill but high mr mages tend to hit him back with some serious force. Obviously only an issue in TT and Chain Challenge.

I had previously been cursed (All the +HP):
Hector is +Spd -Res (depressingly underwhelming, no idea who to give his distant counter to just saving it for now)
W!Chroms +Res -Atk and +Spd -Atk (+Res makes him interesting, I know wary fighter is supposed to be good but it feels weak dunno what to do with these guys at all.)
Zelgius is +Res -Atk (Makes him super weak and still not good at tanking mages)
W!Lissa is +HP -Atk (More -Atk, did I mention my armor emblem stinks)
W!Tharja is +HP -Def (Neuters her close counter tanking abilites ugh)
Katarina +HP -Def (My most used forth unit as she cleared everything B!Ike and B!Lucina couldn't)
Genny +HP -Res and +Hp -Spd (Wrathful staff and the plethora of Healers I have makes me interested in making a super nuke healer)

My Neutral B!Ike and Olivia have really carried me backed up by my +Def -HP B!Lucina

Recent Pickups are:
Brave Lyn +Atk -Spd
4* Nowi +Atk -Res (vastly better than my 5* +HP - Res)
V!Ike +Spd -Def (Could probably use him as a mage counter)
Sonya +Atk -Spd

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 10:29:52 am »

Also I think I was confused on how brave weapons work, you attack twice before the enemy attacks...was this how it worked in traditional fire emblem? Maybe need to look into giving my +Atk B!lyn a brave bow.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 02:25:42 pm »

Yes, that's how Brave weapons work. Until Fates, they were just, you attack twice when you'd normally attack once, so you attack twice when attacking, then the enemy attacks, then if you're faster you attack twice more. Or if you got attacked, you'd attack twice after the enemy attacks, or four times if you're faster. Fates changed it because of the no durability system (high cost + limited availability was what balanced braves before), and Heroes has something similar to Fates, where they strike twice when attacking only, and have a stat penalty too.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 03:15:30 pm »

Yes, that's how Brave weapons work. Until Fates, they were just, you attack twice when you'd normally attack once, so you attack twice when attacking, then the enemy attacks, then if you're faster you attack twice more. Or if you got attacked, you'd attack twice after the enemy attacks, or four times if you're faster. Fates changed it because of the no durability system (high cost + limited availability was what balanced braves before), and Heroes has something similar to Fates, where they strike twice when attacking only, and have a stat penalty too.

Ah yes, good old durability, I have a sacred stones file where I have bankrupted myself and have almost no weapons after pursuing all the bonus ally quests from the tower and the post game plains area. Luckily I have a boss summoner who can clear levels with nothing and you can manage to one-shot most zombie things in the plains with a simple bishop/light combo.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 09:52:44 am »

Whelp, new banner puts me in a rough spot. Ninian or azura. Ninian fits into a dragon emblem which would be nice but azura would go great with V!ike to be the base of a second team the way B!Ike and Olivia make up my main team.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 04:00:51 am »

I went for Azura on this new banner. Dancers are pretty rad. 90 orbs and all I've got to show for it is a pity breaker +Res/-Def Corrin (M). Well, and a 4* L'Arachel but ehh.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.