Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: RTT on Youtube / twitch  (Read 6611 times)

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
RTT on Youtube / twitch
« on: February 03, 2018, 05:07:45 pm »
+5

So after a long break i posted new Videos on my Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx303c_ujMRy-6OrqccmlRQ

You can also check out my twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/rtt_29

Most recently from the Dominion World Cup 2018.

Check them out if you are interested.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:13:48 pm by RTT »

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RTT on Youtube / twitch
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 05:19:19 am »
+9

Hey. I want to create a video series of powerfull card combos and synergies that are helpfull for beginners to know how and when to play. So if you feel like you still have to learn those have a look.

If you want to suggest a Combo that i do a video on next please leave a comment.

Episode 1: Travelling Fair + Counting House
Episode 2: how to start the game with a lot of gold
Episode 3: Lurker + Hunting Grounds
Episode 4: Lurker tricks
Episode 5: Bonfire Openings
Episode 6: Royal Carriage + Bridge

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:20:10 pm by RTT »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 06:43:48 am »
+2

If you want to suggest a Combo that i do a video on next please leave a comment.
In the 2nd video you had Hermit / Market Square on the board but that wasn't what you were showing off. So uh there's that one. Procession / Fortress and Procession / Armory are neat ones, but you have to also pick whatever it is you're getting with them.

In the 2nd video you point out that you could Donate twice for more Golds, and undo in order to not trash a Copper. But your hand at that point gave you the buys to just buy Market Square / Copper / Donate.

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 07:24:12 am »
+2

In the 2nd video you had Hermit / Market Square on the board but that wasn't what you were showing off. So uh there's that one. Procession / Fortress and Procession / Armory are neat ones, but you have to also pick whatever it is you're getting with them.

In the 2nd video you point out that you could Donate twice for more Golds, and undo in order to not trash a Copper. But your hand at that point gave you the buys to just buy Market Square / Copper / Donate.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Market Square + Hermit is defenitly on my list of things to do. funny that it randomly showed up in that 2nd video and I didnt even notice it.

I think i will do one video showing cards that do well with procession. Though its really a very board depending card and hard to point to a specific "combo" here.

True i could buy the extra Copper that turn though the correct play would actually be to not trash 2 coppers the first time to start the next turn with as few debt as possible.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:27:06 am by RTT »

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 09:06:46 am »
+2

I had planned something like this for a long time. Glad you are doing it now. Nice.

Few suggestions:

Not sure what exactly the limits of your series are but I would expand it to talk about main combos build around a certain card. Like video 2: Market Square. You could show off Hermit/MS or Apprentice/MS.
In the same vein you could show off Double Tactician decks with Tactician/Vault and Tactician/Black Market for example.
You could show off Bridge combos, e.g. Royal Carriage/Bridge, Native Village/Bridge and King's Court/Bridge in general.
Same thing with Highway, like Highway/Market Square or similar.
You could show off Golden Decks, e.g. Bishop ones like the Bishop/Chapel one or the Bishop/Fortress one.
Interesting are also Alt VP decks like with Beggar/IGG/Count/Ironworks together with Gardens/Silk Road/Duke or Trader/Masterpiece with Feodum.
Other intesting combos to show off Mandarin/Capital Golden Deck, Lurker/Hunting Grounds, Scavenger/Stash (not online unfortunately) and PhilStone/Herbalist and maybe Mint/Fool's Gold.

Something I would suggest is to alway to talk about Synergies and Counters. You did talk about counters in the Counting House videos. Synergies are kind of rare with combos, but talking about what makes a combo even stronger is certainly worth it, like how much better Counting House/Travelling Fair is with Colonies and how it explodes if you add a Bank to the mix.

Like I said, not sure how loose you want to have your combos definition, but if you run out of stuff, you could always talk about certain deck types that you play quite often, like how to play Ambassador Tennis, how to play with Rebuild and its synergies (Tunnel/Rogue etc.), how to play Draw-up-to X decks like Hamlet/Watchtower, how to play a Multi-Possession Deck and which cards to avoid adding to your deck when Possession is on the board, how to play with the Traveller lines and which cards combo with them.

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 09:12:10 am »
+2

Great idea for a series, RTT!

This topic might provide some ideas for 2-card combinations to showcase.  I strongly recommend showing Royal Carriage + Bridge (I have some tips for best practices on this one) and Hermit + Market Square, because they are strong and non-trivial.  Scavenger + Stash is also a good one, but it unfortunately can't be shown in the online client.  Fast combos not mentioned in this article include Lurker + Hunting Grounds, Capital + Mandarin, and strong Donate synergies.  Ferry + Rebuild is strong, but plays itself.  Masterpiece + Feodum is on the obvious side, but maybe it's worth including in a Silver emptying video with Delve and any other strong Silver gainers, plus Tower as another source of points.  Dungeon + Tunnel is also fast, but on the simple side; maybe a Tunnel video will be worth it at some point.  Villa + Jack of all Trades is an interesting synergy, but I don't think it's notable as a monolithic strategy under realistic conditions (competition over the Villa pile).  Maybe there's enough interesting content for a Villa synergy article (featuring Alms, Quarry and draw-to-X at the very least), but I'm afraid it might be all over the place.  There are a bunch of interesting synergies that don't really amount to a super strong monolithic strategy; I don't know if you're interested in showing any of these.

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 09:43:54 am »
+2

thanks for all the nice ideas Qvist ans aku_chi.

I dont want the series to be strictly about monolithic 2 card combos so everything you suggested is helpfull. The only thing I dont want to do is to just analys a specific kingdom and more show the power of synergies between 2 or 3 cards. Well mostly 2 cards as 3 specific cards are so unlikely to come up together. Showcasing Villa or Procession Tricks are defenitly possible. As is explaining how to do the Ambassador war or playing travellers. Though the best advice for travellers is to have them not miss the shuffle  :P

Not sure what exactly the limits of your series are but I would expand it to talk about main combos build around a certain card. Like video 2: Market Square. You could show off Hermit/MS or Apprentice/MS.

That is also great. Video 2 was more about Donate (and gaining Gold) then Market Square in That case :). Though Donate + TMap would have fit well into it. I just forgot doing that one too and its arguably the weakest of the 3.

aku_chi

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 11:51:07 am »

That is also great. Video 2 was more about Donate (and gaining Gold) then Market Square in That case :). Though Donate + TMap would have fit well into it. I just forgot doing that one too and its arguably the weakest of the 3.

Unarguably the weakest.  It needs additional support to be reliably better than other Donate openings.

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 03:56:07 pm »
+2

Epsiode 3 and 4 are uploading. I will keep editing the second post to have a list of all episodes.

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile

TP

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: domin8
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 10:06:16 am »

RTT

Great videos. I am fairly new to Dominion and was wondering if these strategies hold up well in games with 3 or 4 players which is what I often play?

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 09:12:23 am »

RTT

Great videos. I am fairly new to Dominion and was wondering if these strategies hold up well in games with 3 or 4 players which is what I often play?

Thanks. Well i would say just try it out and see how it works. Uncontested the strategies should dominate still in multiplayer. It gets interesting once everyone knows what to expect from a combo. Then limited supply numbers for example for Royal Carriage + Bridge makes an interesting dynamic.

aku_chi

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 07:04:46 pm »

I spent far too much time this weekend playing 2-card combos solitaire and measuring their speeds.  Good news: You've already covered 4/6 of the strongest 2-card combos I've tested.  The only ones missing are Capital + Mandarin (though Dan Brooks already has a good video covering this) and Feodum + Delve (which can reliably get to ~50 VP by turn 13 or 14).  Feodum + Delve is a really simple strategy (start buying Feodum on turn 6 for best results), but maybe Feodum strategies in general are worth a video, or maybe the video could focus on the strongest Silver-pilers, and when that is relevant (Feodum and Tower).

The other strong 2-card combos that are interesting enough to be worth showing (IMO) are Counting House + Night Watchman, Hermit + Market Square, Bishop + Donate, and Bishop + Bonfire (the latter two could probably be in a Bishop golden deck video).

Mandarin + Capital
   Turn 9-10: 4 Provinces, ~30 VP
   Turn 10-11: 6 Provinces, ~42 VP
   Turn 11-12: 8 Provinces, ~55 VP

Feodum + Delve
   Turn 11: 0 piles, ~27-30 VP
   Turn 13-14: 1 pile, ~50 VP
   Turn 23-24: 3 piles, ~115 VP

Counting House + Night Watchman
   Turn 10: 4 Provinces, ~27 VP
   Turn 12: 6 Provinces, ~39 VP
   Turn 14: 8 Provinces, ~51 VP

Bishop + Donate (helps the opponent a little)
   Turn 10: 4 Provinces, 26-29 VP
   Turn 12: 6 Provinces, 36-39 VP
   Turn 14: 8 Provinces, 46-49 VP   

Bishop + Bonfire (helps the opponent a little)
   Turn 10: 3 Provinces, ~25 VP
   Turn 12: 5 Provinces, ~35 VP
   Turn 15: 8 Provinces, ~50 VP

Hermit + Market Square
   Turn 11-12: 5 Provinces, 30 VP
   Turn 15-16: 8 Provinces, ~55 VP
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:07:08 pm by aku_chi »

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 07:18:41 am »

I recorded some live reaction videos for the renaissance previews

look on my channel to find the others
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.