Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: S25 Champion Match: Sunday January 28th, 20:00 UTC  (Read 1334 times)

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
S25 Champion Match: Sunday January 28th, 20:00 UTC
« on: January 25, 2018, 06:00:37 pm »
+5

This season's Champion match will be held this Sunday at 20.00UTC. Rabid will be heading into the final with a comfortable lead due to his strong performance during the season. His challenger, aku chi, would need to win 4,5 of 6 matches to claim the title.

The match will be streamed here: www.twitch.tv/dominionstreams or join the table via the game client to watch some exciting dominion! Markus and Sicomatic will be providing commentary.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

aku_chi

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: aku chi
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
Re: S25 Champion Match: Sunday January 28th, 20:00 UTC
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 12:13:25 am »
+2

Congratulations to Rabid!  Thanks for the commentary.  My perspective:

Game 1: The commentators and spectators missed the Haunted Woods and Cemetery interaction.  If your opponent has Haunted Woods in play, when you buy a Cemetery, you will topdeck your hand and have nothing to trash.  I got lucky and could trash on my turn 4 Haunted Woods duration turn, but Rabid could not.

Game 2: My third Sentry was in response to Rabid's Soothsayer; I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.  I didn't play the lategame very cleanly, but I'm not ashamed of greening when I did.

Game 3: markus and I played it out.  Even if I hadn't bought any Copper on my last turn, Rabid could have ended the game on piles.  I was lost unless Rabid made a mistake.

Game 4: My shuffles came together very nicely, but I think Rabid overterminaled.

Game 5: I considered a Blessed Village opening for the upside Boon that would get me an Ambassador on turn 2.  In retrospect, given my position, I probably should have gone with that.

Game 6: I played too sloppy on my last turn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.