Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Workshop-SilkRoad-Vault  (Read 1025 times)

Asklepios

• Duke
  • Respect: +117
    • View Profile
Workshop-SilkRoad-Vault
« on: February 24, 2012, 07:43:30 am »

I won this game, but beliebve I played it suboptimally.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201202/24/game-20120224-043742-23e6b889.html

I opened silver, thinking about vault, then idiot that I am suddenly realised workshop-silk road could be stronger, so switched to that.

Mu opponent didn't play the best game against me, and frankly I think I would have lost against a top tier player with my opening.

But I've been thinking:

How would classic 2 workshops -> silk roads have fared against silvers till vault, then opportunistic grabbing of silk roads when on $4? I think the second strategy might be stronger in a match up, but I'd appreciate your opinions

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop-SilkRoad-Vault
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:55:49 pm »

Given that there's potentially a strong minion deck in opposition I wouldn't have gone directly for a vault. The silk roads risk seeing your deck stall while your opponent builds a big minion engine with trashing and extra buys.

Asklepios

• Duke
  • Respect: +117
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop-SilkRoad-Vault
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:53:55 pm »

You're right. The presence of minion was one of the factors that made me go for workshop to silk road, given that that deck is fairly resilient against minion attack (crap hand for crap hand) and given that a minion-playing opponent likely wouldn't want to compete for precious green cards.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 20 queries.