Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards 2017 Edition: Boons  (Read 16018 times)

terminalCopper

• Explorer
  • Respect: +758
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards 2017 Edition: Boons
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 08:50:53 am »
+6

Going for boons as copper trasher sounds to me like going for knights as an Alt-VP Strategy.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 08:55:59 am »
+1

I tried going for Boons as the only trasher twice before I realized that it's a really bad idea. Magically, it worked both times.
(with Pixie, it's not that bad of an idea though)
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5160
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 09:56:23 am »

The Flame’s Gift is totally overrated. You often draw that Boon mid-game where trashing is not as important as in the opening. Sometimes trashing may be even bad. Trashing Copper, for example, means also -$1, which can be crucial later, if you want to hit $6 or $8.

Trade Route, Forager and Moneylender are usually the superior cheap Copper trashers in comparsion with Bard, Druid and Tracker.
The Flame's gift is optional and thus never bad. If it were mandatory, then yes it would be pretty bad; hence why Mountain's and Wind's Gift are far down the list.

Also I struggle to see a scenario where I would prefer Trade Route over Druid with Flame's Gift.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2018, 12:20:31 pm »

The Flame’s Gift is totally overrated. You often draw that Boon mid-game where trashing is not as important as in the opening. Sometimes trashing may be even bad. Trashing Copper, for example, means also -$1, which can be crucial later, if you want to hit $6 or $8.

Trade Route, Forager and Moneylender are usually the superior cheap Copper trashers in comparsion with Bard, Druid and Tracker.

Druid and Tracker don't really thin your deck in the long run because the cycle of 12 Boons includes the forced Silver gain from Mountain's Gift (that doesn't even get drawn by Will o' Wisp normally).

The cycle of 12 Boons isn't relevant to Druid—did you mean Bard?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.