Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 73  All

Author Topic: M113: sufjan stevens (OH THE WORLD IS A MESS)  (Read 189697 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 1)
« Reply #425 on: February 16, 2018, 04:57:33 pm »

Snip

Space, relevant or not here - my premise is NOT wrong. Every single player, in relation to every other player, has equal chance of being scum or town. It is NOT, as you have continuously attempted to frame it, that every player is equally likely to be town or scum.

Yea I thought this might happen but drop it, definitely not relevant 24 hours before deadline when whether you are or are not right in your logic isn't indicative of Space's alignment. I guess push it if you feel like you need to to not get lynched but I don't think you're getting lynched and I would actually rather your thoughts on clem/faust/robz/lalight/pps/my space case.

Space if you're town definitely don't respond at how galz's logic was or wasn't flawed, doesn't help us. People voting galz for this point of flawed logic I dunno maybe just stop.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 16, 2018, 05:00:58 pm »

Snip

Space, relevant or not here - my premise is NOT wrong. Every single player, in relation to every other player, has equal chance of being scum or town. It is NOT, as you have continuously attempted to frame it, that every player is equally likely to be town or scum.

Yea I thought this might happen but drop it, definitely not relevant 24 hours before deadline when whether you are or are not right in your logic isn't indicative of Space's alignment. I guess push it if you feel like you need to to not get lynched but I don't think you're getting lynched and I would actually rather your thoughts on clem/faust/robz/lalight/pps/my space case.

Space if you're town definitely don't respond at how galz's logic was or wasn't flawed, doesn't help us. People voting galz for this point of flawed logic I dunno maybe just stop.

I'll be doing a reread from an "out of game" perspective this afternoon - I find I'm much more comfortable and confident in my reads when following along in a speccy thread. I want to attempt to separate any in game feelings here from the raw overview of the game. I dunno if that makes sense, but it I know what I mean. :P
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 16, 2018, 05:04:00 pm »

unvote
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 16, 2018, 05:29:05 pm »

Should we have a soft deadline reasonably soonish? Saturday is really tough and likely we will not have a lot of people around right at deadline (I probably won't be).

I'd be willing to lynch pps, Clemens, LaLight, DatSwan and Space roughly in order of preference. Robz, too, but that doesn't seem as popular at the moment. My earlier town-ish reads on TWM and faust are also beginning to evaporate, but there are many better choices for today. I still lean town on Galz and want no part of that wagon. Mcmc is obvtown, Teproc and iguana probtown.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 16, 2018, 05:34:51 pm »

since we are all doing it here is the quick version:

Clems
Robz
Space
LL
Faust

in that order of preference. although I will also be around.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 16, 2018, 05:55:09 pm »

unvote

What prompted this and who do you want to vote for now?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 16, 2018, 06:07:21 pm »

unvote

Space's response. In particular reminding me of a townie point they had made earlier about PPS and how they thought they could read him better later one. Felt it came from a townie mindset. My tablet is not letting me copy and paste so I'll pull the quote later if you want it.

And I don't know. But I certainly will in the next few hours. But it isn't space so wanted to unvote in case of a quick wagon build as is wont to happen here.

And I d

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 16, 2018, 06:19:34 pm »

Is the above good enough for you? I am time limited this game, that's why I am not fully fleshing out all my thoughts and supporting everything I say with quotes and stuff.

Indeed it is.

I won't be around tomorrow, though I should be able to log on right before deadline... in the meantime, I think I'm fine with my vote where it is. I do not want to lynch Space, or Robz, or mcmc. Not super enthusiastic about iguana and TWM either, other peoplen are fine to lynch to various degrees.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 16, 2018, 07:03:38 pm »

Why do you think scum!robz is more likely to read galz post quickly and agree, what does scum!robz benefit from agreeing at all.

This is a good question.

Why did Robz feel the need to post there at all? His entire post was only for the purpose of agreeing with Galz.. there was literally no other content to it.

So why do that? Well, one reason might be to make it look like his argument is popular. Another might be to curry favour with people he agrees with. It certainly doesn't seem to have been to agree with Galz's actual post. I certainly don't think his expectation was that his post wouldn't benefit him in some way or other, or else why would he have gone to the bother of making it?

To cap this off as I'm not like super convinced of a town!robz narrative

I find it kind of funny that you're scumreading me for having a vague scum read on your brother, while carefully hedging so that if he flips scum, you can dodge the backsplash...

I don't see how town!you thinks robz agreement with galz and subsequent posts really warrant a vote. I think by how you made your reads list you are sitting on robz while your partner or partners push one of the more primary wagons and you are leaving the opportunity to join if needed all while not making much of any case anywhere else.

I went with a gut read initially. Yeah, it's rare for me, but also I was in bed and feeling feverish, so let's forgive me for being a little more careless than normal. After that, it was actually pleasantly surprising that a full set of reads backed that up. You seem to be describing it as convenient for me not to be making cases on anyone else... I'm struggling to see how scum!me would have any less incentive than I do right now to make up random cases on people I don't have any decent evidence/reads on.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2018, 07:08:05 pm »

I'd be willing to lynch pps, Clemens, LaLight, DatSwan and Space roughly in order of preference. Robz, too, but that doesn't seem as popular at the moment. My earlier town-ish reads on TWM and faust are also beginning to evaporate, but there are many better choices for today. I still lean town on Galz and want no part of that wagon. Mcmc is obvtown, Teproc and iguana probtown.

As far as I can see, Galz is the only player with more than two votes at present, and at one shiny vote, Robz is actually a more popular choice than at least one of you "would lynch" field!

Below is my current automated count, for reference:

Galzria (3): pingpongsam, SirClemens, Teproc
Robz888 (1): SpaceAnemone
SirClemens (2): faust, DatSwan
Teproc (1): LaLight
LaLight (1): iguanaiguana
SpaceAnemone (2): mcmcsalot, Robz888
pingpongsam (1): Cuzz
Not Voting (2): Galzria, The_Wine_Merchant
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2018, 07:11:18 pm »

Lots of townie people have Lalight on their would lynch list. Let's do it!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2018, 07:25:43 pm »

Snip

Just because a line or reasoning doesn't work for you, or even for a majority of players here, doesn't mean that it's not helpful in finding out alignments. You may not get help working out my alignment, but from my point of view, various players' responses to arguments like this can give alignment-indicative information. So I'm a little miffed at you trying to shut down conversation that's helping. For example, I have in the past correctly scumread faust over how he handles a point of logic to twist it for scum use. The fact he's carefully refraining from comment about me has not slipped my attention.

Lastly, since you're referring to Galz-voters and me on the same line, I'd like to clarify that in spite of disagreeing with that post, I think Galz sounds relatively townie, as I've said before. I'm scumreading Robz for his reaction to Galz, which is not at all the same thing.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 16, 2018, 07:30:28 pm »

As far as I can see, Galz is the only player with more than two votes at present, and at one shiny vote, Robz is actually a more popular choice than at least one of you "would lynch" field!

But I don't wanna lynch Galz, so I don't see why that's relevant.

yeah I can get behind this

Vote: LaLight

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 16, 2018, 07:31:21 pm »

Sure.

vote: LL
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 16, 2018, 07:32:43 pm »

Also, people should state their deadline availability if they haven't already.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 16, 2018, 07:35:38 pm »

I'm feeling pretty meh on that, but perhaps all of mcmc's accusations are making me too attached to my independent wagon. I should easily be around for deadline, and a few hours before.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 16, 2018, 07:38:42 pm »

It's totally relevant to the "Would lynch Robz but he's not as popular" part of the comment. He was one vote less popular than the most popular other people you wanted to lynch. Why state that you're happy to lynch someone with no votes at all, and then say that someone with one vote is off the table for not being as popular?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 16, 2018, 07:48:55 pm »

It's totally relevant to the "Would lynch Robz but he's not as popular" part of the comment. He was one vote less popular than the most popular other people you wanted to lynch. Why state that you're happy to lynch someone with no votes at all, and then say that someone with one vote is off the table for not being as popular?

For the Robz part of it I guess I just wasn't totally up to date on the vote count, plus he's further down on the list for me anyway. I still don't get why you mentioned anything about how many votes were on Galz. But I don't really think this is all that productive of a conversation.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2018, 08:50:55 pm »

Also, people should state their deadline availability if they haven't already.
There is literally no way of knowing.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2018, 08:55:51 pm »

For the Robz part of it I guess I just wasn't totally up to date on the vote count, plus he's further down on the list for me anyway. I still don't get why you mentioned anything about how many votes were on Galz. But I don't really think this is all that productive of a conversation.

So what was your intention when you mentioned a willingness to go for Robz? Was had you imagined the vote count looked like that Robz was worth mentioning as an option?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2018, 08:59:38 pm »

vote: Galz

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2018, 09:01:29 pm »

So what was your intention when you mentioned a willingness to go for Robz? Was had you imagined the vote count looked like that Robz was worth mentioning as an option?

My intention was that I have a scummish read on him and could be happy to lynch him today.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2018, 09:08:22 pm »

unvote

*Snip*

And I don't know. But I certainly will in the next few hours.

So what happened between the above and the below to change your mind?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2018, 09:21:03 pm »

unvote

*Snip*

And I don't know. But I certainly will in the next few hours.

So what happened between the above and the below to change your mind?

Looked at vote count. Felt that my vote was best served by voting galz. So I voted for Galz.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2018, 10:34:28 pm »

probs ok with LL also.
At work now, will do for sure tonight.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 73  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.