Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 73  All

Author Topic: M113: sufjan stevens (OH THE WORLD IS A MESS)  (Read 189715 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 1)
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2018, 06:17:23 pm »

Would you expect those in that game to remember? I feel like I was an observer, but don't remember much at all.

Player list:
1. LaLight
2. Galzria
3. gkrieg
4. 2.71828.....
5. Archetype
6. Teproc
7. Witherweaver
8. IDontPlayThisGame
9. Datswan
10. Eevee
11. Qvist
12. RoadRunner
13. faust
14. SpaceAnemone
15. Iguanaiguana
16. Jimmmmm
17. O

Run by: Robz, mcmc

The three people that took him at face value and assigned town points were all involved in the previous game.

It's far from a 1 to 1 comparison, so I don't expect everyone in that game to relate this to that.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2018, 07:19:28 pm »

I never suggested my vote on Galz was a good one just that it held the same utlility as any votes based on the iguana interaction.

So you do not think your vote on Galz is a good vote?

I think it is as good as any other. Why is this so hard to grok?

no not hard I guess, I got it. I just think that if you "don't think your vote on Galz is a good one" because it is "as good as any other" - I mean, it's not like you are forced to vote at this point.

Right, but voting is clearly the best way to get direct interaction. Voting in a direction no one is looking gets even more interaction. I could join the iguana morass but it bores me so I picked a different direction. Clearly it is working as intended. Might is get me mislynched? Maybe, but that is valuable in itself. It's D1 so, I'm not exactly invested in any big scheme nor should anyone be.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2018, 07:31:40 pm »

Hmm.. I don't think PPS is a strong D1 vote, because he is actually quite likely to make scumslips if he lives long enough. And I think I may still even be voting for him :-/

Catching up on more recent posts tells me I need to re-read Galz, but in the meantime I'll go with vote: robz, which is more gut than usual for me.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2018, 07:35:35 pm »

I seem to be ill enough to have sent myself home from work and been almost-comatose for most of the afternoon/evening. This is about as close to DAMA as you'll get for a Space.

To chip into the Dryuary conversation, I had a sip of something containing alcohol back in about December, and it was still super-yucky. Was Veganuary a thing outside of the UK?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 13, 2018, 07:46:44 pm »

Vote count 1.2

DatSwan (3): LaLight, SirClemens, mcmcsalot
Cuzz (2): DatSwan, faust
Galzria (2): Teproc, The_Wine_Merchant
pingpongsam (2): mcmcsalot, Robz888
Robz888 (1): SpaceAnemone

not voting (3): iguanaiguana, Cuzz, Galzria

with 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. day 1 ends saturday, february 17th at 17:00 forum time.

mod notes
  • i'm having a great dry all-the-time
  • it's like the tove lo song
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:56:32 pm by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2018, 07:57:57 pm »

Can someone summarize the case on Galz (I’m not counting the pps read list thing as a case)? I’ve been following pretty closely and still don’t really see it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2018, 07:58:50 pm »

Cool, iguana is confirmed town, and Teproc.

Vote: PPS

Why am I conf!town ?

It was semi-joking. But you seem like normal, helpful town Teproc.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2018, 07:59:03 pm »

Can someone summarize the case on Galz (I’m not counting the pps read list thing as a case)? I’ve been following pretty closely and still don’t really see it.

I also don't see it.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2018, 08:01:42 pm »

Hmm.. I don't think PPS is a strong D1 vote, because he is actually quite likely to make scumslips if he lives long enough. And I think I may still even be voting for him :-/

Catching up on more recent posts tells me I need to re-read Galz, but in the meantime I'll go with vote: robz, which is more gut than usual for me.

Also not really sure of the case on Robz. Space, what is your reason for a Robz vote?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2018, 08:21:22 pm »

Also not really sure of the case on Robz. Space, what is your reason for a Robz vote?

I just don't feel he's been as engaged or on top of the various arguments as he would be if he was as in the dark as most of us are. I mean, I appear to be the only one voting for him, and my case was clearly stated as "gut" there, so I hope you're not expecting a great deal of reasoning :-)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2018, 08:23:46 pm »

I've spent most of the last little while making a reads list:

Robz888 -- Yeah, I don't like his posts much. He supports Galz's awful logic, and then shrugs off being called on it, and doesn't do much else of content.

DatSwan -- Don't like how much he seems to be antagonizing faust, but he seems townie in hoe carelessly he's posting. I say carelessly because using language like "not to be a horrible person but.." is generally a sign of needing to spend a little longer working on tone and empathy and questioning your own motives and stuff.

faust -- Makes a lot of sense to me, which is not always the case with scum!faust, so he can be town for now.

SirClemens -- kinda null so far. Note even as talkative as me :-P

mcmcsalot -- Someone just psoted a case for town!mcmc, and I can't unsee it at the moment, so I acknowledge bias but think he can be town for now too.

Teproc -- He's making several comments about Iguana in Lost, but I feel like this situation is a bit different, and would involve rather more invention on Iguana's part, so I'm a bit suspicious of Teproc's motive here. Though it turns out he was the one posting about town mcmc, which would be kind of bolder whiteknighting if he's that scummy. Nullish, I guess?

pingpongsam -- Like I just said, he'll scumslip for us if we let him be for a while. Especially in a setup like this :-)

Galzria -- Baaad probability stuff. I agree interactions are good, but so are accurate priors. Makes him less good at probabilities, rather than more scummy. I don't think I find his text all that bad.

iguanaiguana -- probably town, but to be revisited later. People have already pointed out that he's painted a target on himself, so I hope his super-duper role can handle that.

Cuzz -- He's a bit antagonistic in his interactions, but he's asking a lot of decent questions. Townie side of null.

The_Wine_Merchant -- Surprisingly little here so far. Not sure I like the sheep vote. Null for now.

SpaceAnemone -- Spaaaaaaace. I always do this, and I'm almost always town. Coincidence??

LaLight -- I'm having a hard time getting a read on him. A couple of things posting about his past town performances ring danger bells, but it's not like he'd have a super-low chance of doing that as town either. Nullish-scum maybe?

I'm happy leaving my vote on Robz for now, but I don't have a high degree of confidence in anything right now becuase this is D1, and anemones are not known for their strong reads...

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2018, 08:28:16 pm »

I could vote for Space
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2018, 08:31:16 pm »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2018, 09:59:10 pm »

I also don't see it.

There isn't one. Teproc has a 100% scum read record on me in every game we've played together, and a 0% accuracy rate on my being scum. He has no clue what he's looking for, and his case here is more of the same from him.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2018, 10:02:57 pm »

I've spent most of the last little while making a reads list:

Robz888 -- Yeah, I don't like his posts much. He supports Galz's awful logic, and then shrugs off being called on it, and doesn't do much else of content.

DatSwan -- Don't like how much he seems to be antagonizing faust, but he seems townie in hoe carelessly he's posting. I say carelessly because using language like "not to be a horrible person but.." is generally a sign of needing to spend a little longer working on tone and empathy and questioning your own motives and stuff.

faust -- Makes a lot of sense to me, which is not always the case with scum!faust, so he can be town for now.

SirClemens -- kinda null so far. Note even as talkative as me :-P

mcmcsalot -- Someone just psoted a case for town!mcmc, and I can't unsee it at the moment, so I acknowledge bias but think he can be town for now too.

Teproc -- He's making several comments about Iguana in Lost, but I feel like this situation is a bit different, and would involve rather more invention on Iguana's part, so I'm a bit suspicious of Teproc's motive here. Though it turns out he was the one posting about town mcmc, which would be kind of bolder whiteknighting if he's that scummy. Nullish, I guess?

pingpongsam -- Like I just said, he'll scumslip for us if we let him be for a while. Especially in a setup like this :-)

Galzria -- Baaad probability stuff. I agree interactions are good, but so are accurate priors. Makes him less good at probabilities, rather than more scummy. I don't think I find his text all that bad.

iguanaiguana -- probably town, but to be revisited later. People have already pointed out that he's painted a target on himself, so I hope his super-duper role can handle that.

Cuzz -- He's a bit antagonistic in his interactions, but he's asking a lot of decent questions. Townie side of null.

The_Wine_Merchant -- Surprisingly little here so far. Not sure I like the sheep vote. Null for now.

SpaceAnemone -- Spaaaaaaace. I always do this, and I'm almost always town. Coincidence??

LaLight -- I'm having a hard time getting a read on him. A couple of things posting about his past town performances ring danger bells, but it's not like he'd have a super-low chance of doing that as town either. Nullish-scum maybe?

I'm happy leaving my vote on Robz for now, but I don't have a high degree of confidence in anything right now becuase this is D1, and anemones are not known for their strong reads...

I'm particularly strong in probabilities, game theory etc. I am just able to evaluate both the pure math (which is wrong) and the social math.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2018, 10:59:39 pm »

Teproc has a 100% scum read record on me in every game we've played together, and a 0% accuracy rate on my being scum. He has no clue what he's looking for, and his case here is more of the same from him.

Huh. Is that true? It might be true.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2018, 11:04:38 pm »

Teproc has a 100% scum read record on me in every game we've played together, and a 0% accuracy rate on my being scum. He has no clue what he's looking for, and his case here is more of the same from him.

I mean, I'll give you that my memory isn't always the greatest - but I cannot recall a game with Teproc where he hasn't scum read me for the majority of the game, and I've been town each time.

Mind you, that argument is irrelevant as a defense of my alignment here as past alignments have no bearings on current ones - it's more a note on Teproc's inability to read me.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2018, 01:41:02 am »

I mean, I'll give you that my memory isn't always the greatest - but I cannot recall a game with Teproc where he hasn't scum read me for the majority of the game, and I've been town each time.

Mind you, that argument is irrelevant as a defense of my alignment here as past alignments have no bearings on current ones - it's more a note on Teproc's inability to read me.

Idk man... you are pretty bad a probability... I think this means your must be skum :P
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2018, 02:18:41 am »

So leaving aside the part about how we have played several games together to this point so like... how do you not get that I just "type as I talk". That hasn't changed. But actually interesting - why would you have any opinion on my specifically antagonizing faust? I mean or anyone I guess - personally I think antagonizing good players is an excellent for of beating the bush.
Also interestingly you put Cuzz in this reads list and stated you did not like how he was being antagonizing. Why do I get a direction and Cuzz doesn't? Not really thinking too much into it just pointing it out... because I mean it isn't that much to go on. Let's say on a skum scale of 1-10 where:
1 = not including yourself on a reads list
and
10 = flipping skum

.... its like a...3.4?
real good. That’s how

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2018, 03:26:13 am »

You are only slightly exagerrating: I didn't think you were scum in M105 (when I was IC). Well I had some paranoia about you, but I never tunneled you like I did in Lost and whicheve game it was we lost terribly.

Still, I will admit to not having a great track record at reading you in general.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2018, 03:39:15 am »

skumish to feel the need to point this out.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2018, 03:43:23 am »

I accept iguana as town, and don't think he should claim more.

The scummiest of the "oh iguana must be town" quick reactions.
That is actually a good point. I think I can vote:Galzria
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2018, 03:44:17 am »

Oops. Vote: Galzria

That the only defense he brings up is "oh this guy can't read me anyway" doesn't help.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2018, 04:08:50 am »

I think I want to vote: Space
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2018, 08:06:12 am »

I was waiting another day to give him a chance to say anything useful because of time zones but it’s definitely time to vote: SirClemens at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 73  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.