Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Public card translation resources  (Read 1780 times)

pregnantbird

• Swindler
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
Public card translation resources
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:53:29 pm »

Hi everybody,

I would like to add a Japanese translation to sumpforks dominiontabs. Since the translations are all available in the Wiki, I wondered if they are all stored in some database and if they are accessible. If not, it might be a good Idea to create a central public machine-readable translation repository, which every tool can use instead of having their own sets of translations.

The translation files of sumpforks dominiontabs are stored in JSON.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:57:46 pm by pregnantbird »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Public card translation resources
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 10:39:04 pm »

The Japanese text currently on the Wiki was retrieved by me using optical character recognition (OCR) tools on the Dominion Online game client itself, making the necessary corrections whenever the OCR made mistakes.

I do not know where or how the text is stored for Dominion Online. I'm guessing it's either saved somewhere in the online client's database or they were typed directly onto the card image templates.

For the record, I believe the user majiponi did the Japanese translation for Dominion Online.

pregnantbird

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 11:18:39 pm »

Thanks for your quick reply! So when you put the translations into the Wiki, you just save them directly on each page right?
Maybe they could be stored in a more accessible way and the Wiki retrieves the data from the storage...

Do you have a file with the translations? I will also write to majiponi.

EDIT:
I just checked the code of the Dominion Online client (dominion-webclient-body-1.3.9.min.js) in the developer mode of chrome and found every card name translation and text in it. I could extract everything from there but I don't know if it's OK for Donald and Stef and if it wouldn't be easier if they could provide the corresponding translation files.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:35:07 pm by pregnantbird »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 01:19:42 am »
+1

I just checked the code of the Dominion Online client (dominion-webclient-body-1.3.9.min.js) in the developer mode of chrome and found every card name translation and text in it. I could extract everything from there but I don't know if it's OK for Donald and Stef and if it wouldn't be easier if they could provide the corresponding translation files.
I don't have any files to offer you, but don't personally mind if you put the Japanese translation on some site for making tabs.

I think everyone involved is friendly, but Stef is Busy. If you can just extract the data yourself somehow, that would be ideal. Or if majiponi can give it to you, that's fine.

pregnantbird

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 02:40:23 am »
+1

Thanks Donald, I will write a script to extract the translations from the online dominion client in the weekend.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.