Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2017 Edition: $5 Cards, Part 1/3  (Read 13964 times)

Willvon

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2017 Edition: $5 Cards, Part 1/3
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 06:11:36 pm »
+1

Pooka is just so board dependent, you need no other good trashing, Village support, and plenty of +Buy or Treasure gains to make it a good card.

You're not supposed to gain more Treasures for Pooka to trash. You're supposed to get rid of your Coppers and then you trash the Pooka with your other trasher, just like you do with Moneylender.

Also, you absolutely don't need no other good trashing. Pooka synergizes with your other good trashing.

I missed when we were voting on these new lists. So I am slowing working through the results.

I recently picked up Nocturne and we had our first Pooka games. Though I am not convinced of it being top 10% as some evidently believe, I really liked it. I would definitely rank it in the lower part of the upper half of the 5’s, at least. I used it just like Awaclus said: Trashed all of my coppers, then fed it to a Bat. We had Hermit in the kingdom and Den of Sin. It was great fun. Start with 7 cards or more with Den of Sin(s), play your Madman, draw 6, play Pooka, trash a copper and draw 4. In fact, I had the lead in our second game, and my wife came storming back with just that kind of strategy.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.