Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cannibal Engine: Sacrifice + Stonemason + Cheap Cantrips  (Read 1725 times)

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
Cannibal Engine: Sacrifice + Stonemason + Cheap Cantrips
« on: January 14, 2018, 02:44:08 am »
+1

I found out this combo/engine for the first time today, and I'm wondering if anyone else here has tried it as well. This is my first time posting to the forums in a VERY long time, I'm trying to climb back to top 100 again.

So the premise of this engine is that you can use sacrifice early to eat all your estates and copper, and then start cannibalizing your deck to rush provinces (I was able to get 5 by turn 14 when I tried).

So, how do you actually do this without running out of things to trash-for-benefit? Stonemason. Think of stonemason as simply adding 3 cards to eat to your deck with one buy. It almost doesn't matter what they are, but having simple cantrips are probably the best, because they allow you to draw the right cards more often.

The execution is roughly as follows: open Sacrifice/Silver, get a second sacrifice, then start buying up a ton of stonemason overpay actions as soon as you're down to only 2-4 cards left from your starting deck. The only real important part is to make sure you have enough $ in your deck to hit province if you draw your whole deck. You don't need more, so prioritize getting the engine to run smoothly.

I'm unsure how well this combo will work with which cantrips, but Chariot Race seems like the best option, followed by stuff like hamlet, market square, and possibly even oasis.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Cannibal Engine: Sacrifice + Stonemason + Cheap Cantrips
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 03:04:14 am »

If you're Sacrificing a cantrip, isn't that basically as good as just playing a Village?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 03:09:37 am »

No, you get a ton of cantrips and sacrifice the stonemasons. You can usually have some powerful terminals in the deck as well. This is more consistent than villages because it thins your deck out super fast first.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 03:29:19 am »

No, you get a ton of cantrips and sacrifice the stonemasons. You can usually have some powerful terminals in the deck as well. This is more consistent than villages because it thins your deck out super fast first.

It's not more consistent than Villages because Village achieves the same thing while only requiring one specific card in your hand. You can still thin your deck with Sacrifice even if you're using Village as the main anti-terminal afterwards. Of course, getting rid of unneeded Stonemasons with Sacrifice is a great idea, but that's only if you actually gained something useful with the Stonemasons and not just Sacrifice fodder or low utility cantrips.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.