Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interactions between 'Scheme', 'Throne Room'/'King's Court' and Duration cards  (Read 2973 times)

Major Isoor

• Pawn
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
+1

Hi guys,
Apologies if this has already been addressed, however I've looked around and haven't found anything that confirms whether or not this is possible. So, in a recent game I used a Throne Room with a duration card (which was Wharf, not that it really matters), which I looked online to confirm if it gives the next-turn effect or not - which it does, as per the below excerpt from the wiki:

"If you play or modify a Duration card with another card, that other card also stays in your play area until it is no longer doing anything. For example if you play Throne Room on Merchant Ship, both cards stay in play until the Clean-up phase of your next turn. The Throne Room stays in play to remind you that you are getting the effect of Merchant Ship twice on that next turn."

Now what I want to know is, what if you also use a Scheme during your turn? Will you be allowed to top-deck your Throne Room (as it is 'in play') or is it forbidden to remove it until the duration card itself has been removed from play? And the important bit is, if you can top-deck the Throne Room with Scheme, does the duration card still retain its double-effect?

Thanks

dz

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: DZ
  • Respect: +342
    • View Profile
+4

If you play Throne on a Duration, then play Scheme, you can't put the Throne on your deck cause Throne isn't getting discarded from play.

Next turn though, when Throne would get discarded from play (since it's done with it's effect), you can use Scheme to put Throne on your deck.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
+2

Indeed. "When you discard it from play". If you're not discarding Throne Room from play, you can't put it onto your deck.

But what if you could? Duration cards and cards played to modify them only remain out as a reminder; the effect is not linked to them still being in play. So yes, you would still get double effect from the Duration card, in exactly the same way as, if you somehow remove the Duration card itself from play, you still get the effect.

There aren't many ways to forcibly remove a card from play, though. The only two I can think of right now both do it by trashing the card: Procession and Bonfire.

Major Isoor

• Pawn
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile

Yeah, fair enough - I suspected that this might be the case. Wasn't sure though, since (as crj said) it says to only keep it out as a "reminder", for whatever that's worth. Does seem a bit ambiguous, but I'm definitely leaning towards "not possible".
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 20 queries.