Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2017 Edition: $4 Cards, Part 2 (Top Half)  (Read 15699 times)

terminalCopper

• Explorer
  • Respect: +758
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2017 Edition: $4 Cards, Part 2 (Top Half)
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 03:38:54 am »
+1

Skulk on 52, but Quarry on 17 doesn‘t match.

Skulk is better if you need +buy, with tfb, and the gold works with treasures and victory cards as well.
Quarry is better if you don‘t want the skulk, and if you buy multiple actions.

But the most important thing is that with both cards, you can open with (kind of) a gold to get expensive actions early.

Therefore I believe that Skulk and Quarry should be approximately at the same level.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 03:42:33 am »

Skulk on 52, but Quarry on 17 doesn‘t match.

Skulk is better if you need +buy, with tfb, and the gold works with treasures and victory cards as well.
Quarry is better if you don‘t want the skulk, and if you buy multiple actions.

But the most important thing is that with both cards, you can open with (kind of) a gold to get expensive actions early.

Therefore I believe that Skulk and Quarry should be approximately at the same level.

The problem is that you almost never want the Skulk, so Quarry is better.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 09:18:47 am »

Villa has too many shenanigans to be rated lower. Play Silver/Silver, buy Villa, play Villa, play Poor House/Poor House, get Platinum. play Quarry/Copper, buy Villa, play and trash two Engineers for four Goons. Like Mission (which was lauded to be top-ten material in expert hands), it is situational, but I have seen more games with Mission unused than games with 10 Villas left at the end.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 10:49:20 am »

Villa has too many shenanigans to be rated lower. Play Silver/Silver, buy Villa, play Villa, play Poor House/Poor House, get Platinum. play Quarry/Copper, buy Villa, play and trash two Engineers for four Goons. Like Mission (which was lauded to be top-ten material in expert hands), it is situational, but I have seen more games with Mission unused than games with 10 Villas left at the end.
I have seen more games with Advance unused than games with 10 Pearl Divers left at the end. Are you suggesting I should rate Pearl Diver above Advance?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 11:05:13 am »
+3

I used the first two examples in addition to my last statement as an argument that Villa has numerous powerful, if niche, applications, like Mission. The last statement underlined that even if those cases where those niches do not apply, Villa finds some use, such as being the only village in the Kingdom for players that like to set up an engine.

You may as well have a point by isolating another part of my argument and counter it by saying that most kingdoms don't sport Poor Houses, or Quarries.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.