Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A ridiculous kingdom  (Read 1996 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
A ridiculous kingdom
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:49:01 pm »
+1

Scrying Pool, Skulk, Apprentice, Count, Cursed Village, Laboratory, Rogue, Vampire, Werewolf, Hireling

So many crazy interactions it was hard to know what to focus on:

Open Skulk for quick economy and to immediately hit $5 for Count/Apprentice trashing
Scrying Pools can draw Werewolves to play as Nights
Vampires gain all the $5s
Counts gain Coppers to trash with Bats
Rogue gains Skulks trashed by War to get more Gold.

With Cursed Village as the only village, Hexes were flying like mad and I had turns where I played a Skulk, 6 Werewolves and a Vampire for Hexes.

My opponent resigned out of frustration with the length of the game, though they were sure they would have won. I finished against the Rat because I was having fun.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
Re: A ridiculous kingdom
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:56:45 pm »
+3

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:25:18 pm »

Open Skulk and then go for Count/Cursed Village?

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:02:35 am »

At least Hireling / Cursed Village should rule each other out, where my preference would be for the Village. Skulk is the only source of +Buy so you can't feed them all to Apprentice if you want to have multiple Buys. I would trash the first Skulk early to Apprentice though, use Apprentice to trash Copper when there is a Cursed Village in sight, get one Rogue to re-gain Skulk/Gold from trash (and ready the hand for the next CV), skip Potion for Skulk in the opening but would buy Potion with the next $4 hand, mostly ignore the generic hand-filler like Werewolf and Laboratory, relying on the Pool and Village to fill my hand, trying to manage the ebb and flow of drawing, playing and trashing.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 09:59:27 am »

I don't have Alchemy, so don't have great intuition about Apprentice, but what would happen if one focused on Skulk+Apprentice to gradually turn your deck Gold with a bit of +Buy, draw and hexing? It feels like that might be very quick.

tim17

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +276
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 09:14:21 pm »

I don't have Alchemy, so don't have great intuition about Apprentice, but what would happen if one focused on Skulk+Apprentice to gradually turn your deck Gold with a bit of +Buy, draw and hexing? It feels like that might be very quick.

Skulk + Apprentice is reasonably quick, but a bit worse than say Market Square + Apprentice. Probably this interaction is worth making use of (especially with rogues gaining back the skulks), but I'd think that you'd still want to include a lot of other stuff.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.