Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Card Lists 2017 Edition: $0-$2 cards, bottom half  (Read 15266 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Card Lists 2017 Edition: $0-$2 cards, bottom half
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 06:08:57 pm »
+1

Also by my reckoning, Advance is only down by 3.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2018, 06:38:38 pm »

Also by my reckoning, Advance is only down by 3.

Yes you are correct, it being on the cutoff for Chris is me's list must have confused me. I'll fix that. If anyone else finds mistakes please let me know.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 07:07:00 pm »

I think I know what it is.  The list should only go up to 44, not 45.  So all the numbers are 1 too high.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2018, 07:39:23 pm »
+3

I think I know what it is.  The list should only go up to 44, not 45.  So all the numbers are 1 too high.

No there are 45. 39 from last year -Secret Chamber, +the 6 Nocturne cards +Lurker. Maybe you forgot Lurker?

Anyway maybe I'll give a few opinions on the list, I tries to keep the writeup objective.

Faithful should be above Moat, it's reaction is good more often than Moats and even in decks where Moats reaction is consistent enough to matter there might not be any attacks on the board anyway. Faithful Hound and Moat are both too low anyway, they should be above the do-nothings like Vagrant and Settlers. Courtyard should also be ranked net to these 2, it's pretty much the same thing but slightly better when the reactions don't matter.

I think the situational things like Poor House and Beggar should be above the do-nothings too. Also I have Embargo below Duchess, one-shot Duchess is worse than not one-shot Duchess. Also you can get Duchess for free sometimes which isn't nothing, it isn't a great difference though. Quest is also too high, I find it rarely useful.

Guardian should be ranked next to Lighthouse, they're basically the same card. Lighthouse is better when you draw your deck and can alternate 2 and Guardian is better if you can't because then playing it immediately is important there. But they're so similar if you would buy one on a given board you would buy the other, if that makes sense.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 08:41:55 pm »

No there are 45. 39 from last year -Secret Chamber, +the 6 Nocturne cards +Lurker. Maybe you forgot Lurker?

I did forget Lurker!

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2018, 03:22:40 am »

I suspect Moat edged out ahead since much more people are familiar with it.  It's been with us for close to a decade, whereas Faithful Hound's only been in circulation for about a couple of months.  Plus, the Moat's much more straightforward off the bat, whereas FH has some subtlety.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.