Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Nocturnal Kingdom I struggled with  (Read 2454 times)

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
Nocturnal Kingdom I struggled with
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:10:45 pm »

I lost this game when I originally played it; I tried to get too cute with Inn and Faithful Hound. Subsequently I played it several times against the bot and typically fared much worse.

How would you play it?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:14:09 pm by Cave-o-sapien »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Nocturnal Kingdom I struggled with
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 04:40:32 pm »
+3

That's a tricky board. I'd play some kind of big money for sure. On 4/3, I think I'd open Silver/Night Watchman to get Soothsayer on turn 3, then possibly get another NW to cycle faster and play the Soothsayer more often. I'm not sure if Plan/Envoy into Envoy/BM is better than that when you have 3/4.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
Re: Nocturnal Kingdom I struggled with
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 04:45:20 pm »

That's a tricky board. I'd play some kind of big money for sure. On 4/3, I think I'd open Silver/Night Watchman to get Soothsayer on turn 3, then possibly get another NW to cycle faster and play the Soothsayer more often. I'm not sure if Plan/Envoy into Envoy/BM is better than that when you have 3/4.

I tried several variations on Plan/Envoy openings without much consistent luck, but I didn't ever try Silver/NW. Sounds intriguing.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.