Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30  All

Author Topic: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Game over)  (Read 67652 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Night 0)
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2018, 05:05:17 am »

Vote Count 2.1

Joseph2302 (1): Joseph2302
The_Wine_Merchant (1): theorel
SpaceAnemone (1): The_Wine_Merchant
theorel (1): Robz888
DatSwan (1): schadd
silverspawn (1): DatSwan

Not Voting (5): Awaclus, Roadrunner7671, silverspawn, SpaceAnemone, IDontPlayThisGame

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Feb 2 at 4:30 pm forum time.

If the day ends and No Lynch has more votes than any player but fewer than 7 (and at least one player has a vote), is there a no lynch or is a player lynched?

No Lynch can only occur if a majority of living players votes for it prior to the deadline. No majority at the deadline will always result in a lynch.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2018, 06:33:19 am »

Vote Count 2.1

Joseph2302 (1): Joseph2302
The_Wine_Merchant (1): theorel
SpaceAnemone (1): The_Wine_Merchant
theorel (1): Robz888
DatSwan (1): schadd
silverspawn (1): DatSwan

Not Voting (5): Awaclus, Roadrunner7671, silverspawn, SpaceAnemone, IDontPlayThisGame

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Feb 2 at 4:30 pm forum time.

If the day ends and No Lynch has more votes than any player but fewer than 7 (and at least one player has a vote), is there a no lynch or is a player lynched?

No Lynch can only occur if a majority of living players votes for it prior to the deadline. No majority at the deadline will always result in a lynch.
I'm not voting for myself
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2018, 06:49:58 am »

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 31, 2018, 08:11:26 am »

Yes you are:

I blame myself, Vote: Joseph2302
Lol my mistake. Vote: theorel
Would have been a better lynch yesterday it seems

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2018, 12:10:12 pm »

So, 2 days left until deadline.  Anybody have reads to share? Thoughts? discussion topics?  Can we maybe move this game in a positive direction?
@schadd why are you actually voting for datswan?
@Datswan any thoughts on players that aren't silverspawn?

@space, idptg, silver, roadrunner, awaclus...could you put a vote somewhere?  Any thoughts about who's scum?

Anybody agree with me about TWM?  Anybody disagree?  I have no idea what anyone is thinking this game...
C'mon people, commit to some pro-town play.  Discuss stuff, reveal your thoughts, make a wagon happen, anything really.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2018, 01:12:35 pm »

vote: Awaclus

Why are you not scum?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2018, 01:38:06 pm »

Why are you not scum?

I have been useful and pointed out a lot of facts that are true.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2018, 01:41:56 pm »

Show me  examples of where you've been useful

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2018, 03:17:39 pm »

So, 2 days left until deadline.  Anybody have reads to share? Thoughts? discussion topics?  Can we maybe move this game in a positive direction?
@Datswan any thoughts on players that aren't silverspawn?

@space, idptg, silver, roadrunner, awaclus...could you put a vote somewhere?  Any thoughts about who's scum?

Anybody agree with me about TWM?  Anybody disagree?  I have no idea what anyone is thinking this game...
C'mon people, commit to some pro-town play.  Discuss stuff, reveal your thoughts, make a wagon happen, anything really.

I was just thinking this actually. been working on a player write up... will be there shortly.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2018, 03:57:16 pm »

Show me  examples of where you've been useful

vote: Robz, don't want him to win as scum again.

But you're helping him win if he's a mime.

i think that for the most part mimes aren't going to have a game plan/know how to behave so i think withholding mime reads for a while is useful
Obvious mime thing to say

t. the guy who claimed SK

do you suppose town wants / doesn't want mimes to be nightkilled? janitor and miller are both objectively anti-town as well as mimes' day play i would think, it just happens that our interests align with scum

We absolutely do want Mimes to be NK'd by Mafia. There are three factions, so each faction has two enemies, and if we have one enemy spend their time and resources to get rid of the other enemy, that's super beneficial for us.

Hi everyone, I'm a mime. I'm telling you so you'll lynch me out of WIFOM.
This is true. I know because I'm the other mime

Then why aren't you voting for silverspawn?

Joseph claimed SK last game, was unhelpful, got lynched Day 1, it was bad for town.

He has claimed SK in all the recent games I can remember.

We should establish whether scum = non-town or scum = mafia.

Vote: theorel

Too much overjustification.

So, the question is: is claiming mime a survivalist tell?

-Town does not want to lynch mimes, so claiming mimes might look like trying not to get lynched.  This is something scum would do.
-But actual mimes will not claim mime, so claiming mime doesn't actually make you look like a mime, hence it doesn't actually decrease your chance of getting lynched...arguably it increases it (as any controversial action would).
-But then, if it does increase the chance of being lynched then it becomes a claim mime is likely to make...which brings us back to the beginning, hence the WIFOM.

Controversial actions also increase town interaction, pulling people to speak up, and providing opportunity to find scum through their "unnatural" responses, so claiming mime is potentially pro-town (as any sufficiently controversial action is).  So, since silverspawn is town, I will sheep and vote: silverspawn.
You think ss is town and therefore you vote for them?!
That seems scummy.
Vote: theorel

No, he thinks ss is town and therefore he sheeps ss.

But I am playing this game actively.

I figured it out! no-lynching is not good. Thanks, thanks, you're welcome.
Is it ever good?

Yes.

I nominate Robz as the second mime.

Of course, scum would have preferred my death to Lekkit's ;)
Why?

Mafia doesn't want to lynch mimes.

I nominate Robz as the second mime.

Of course, scum would have preferred my death to Lekkit's ;)
Why?

Mafia doesn't want to lynch mimes.
are you suggesting silverspawn isn't mafia?

Are you not suggesting silverspawn isn't mafia?

What about a PR claim? Could help to isolate
But we already have a good idea what PRs we have, I believe?
We had a mime goon, and so that limits us to either row 2 or column 3 on the setup.

Mime slip.

Mafia presumably didn't know whether Lekkit was a Mime.

But Lekkit flipped and now mafia knows he was a mime.

why space?

Why not?

vote: silverspawn

It'll be more effective if you explain why.

No, it'll be more effective if you explain why not.

Why are you not scum?

I have been useful and pointed out a lot of facts that are true.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 31, 2018, 04:18:19 pm »

Okie dokie. First three most interesting players alive IMO:

Joseph
#72 - Claims Mime after silverspawn claimed mime a few posts before. This is now quite interesting as we lynched Lekkit, so we know that, at a minimum, one of them must be lying. Personally, because of the oddness of Joseph's timing, it makes me think he is the more likely mime. Don't know if he is, but in a world where I had to lynch one - it isn't going to be him.
----Then there are some posts in the middle that make me lean town. So at this point it is Town/Mime and either way off my lynch list for now---

#124 - Moves from SS to Theorl

#204 - Moves onto Lekkit, which puts him at L-2. This is interesting. Part of the reason I am Town/Mime. Obv a great place at the end of the day for partner mime to jump on and get the wagon going. But also, as I was picking between Therol and Lekkit on the next vote and I picked Lekkit, I can't say I didn't see the appeal from a Town perspective. The difference here is that he MOVED FROM THEROL to LEKKIT. If he is town and has no knowledge then he flipped the wagon with 3 hours left or whatever on accident, and if he is mime then on purpose. Ruling out Mafia for now, do not believe that he would of jumped around so much (unless Therol and Joseph both Mafia, but I don't think that as of now).

Day 2 - No real content so far. "lynching a mime was bad" post and then a self vote somewhere at the beginning.

All in all IDK. One of those "not worth it today because of the info we could gain by tomorrow things", so probably not lynching today.

silverspawn
#60 - I am the mime with a self vote.
----Then like nothing for a while. Then kind of tries to bring back the lynch me campaign at #100---
#149 - Claims not Mime, unvotes himself and votes for Therol. This happens within 20 hours of deadline and puts Therol at L-2. At the time it was whatever, but now as we know that both SS and Therol cannot BOTH be mimes it means either SS is a mime voting off himself onto an unkown, mafia bussing for some reason, mafia targeting a hopeful town, or town actually trying.
-- Then pretty much whatever until the end. At end of day once Lekkit was at L-2 and SS was on Theorel, even if he was the mime he couldn't of switched off onto Lekkit, it would of looked too fishy. Also imo, based on the move and stay through the end, if one is skum then the other is not between SS and Theorel.---

Day 2 - He nominates Robz, which I actually agree with so points there except I guess Town and Mafia want to find Mimes all the same.
#281 - didn't know skum has DC. whatever, not reading too much into it. Either mafia and doing a thing or Town and legit didn't know. Thing is..... if he is town and legit didn't know, why would you post it?

That't it. I think mafia. if not then VT. Fave lynch candidate at this time.

theorel

#56 - breaks down the pro/con of kill actions at night for each faction. Super towny. Especially because if you re read the verbiage it just is written from the perspective of someone analyzing what the NK could do and not like at all opinionated on the correct use of it.

#121 - repeats my thoughts on SS. obv I agree with him and think it is towny.

#193 - This is the "if we are fucked, we are fucked" post. Everything from here on out in Day 1 between Theorel and Lekkit is kind of surrounded by a cloud of "well if we fucked up super bad and put both of the Mimes to L-2 with 5 hours left then shit". Mainly because, if we assume that is a thing, it severely limits the info we can take out of the day. Because of that... I am going with probs and saying that at this time I rule Theorel out for Mime. In this post he gives player break downs and votes Lekkit.

Day 2
#230 - Agrees it is likely mime 2 was on the wagon.
#279 - He slams down my claim idea without reading it... which is towny. He is also right about the points he made on the case I didn't present.. also towny.
And then the most recent post.
All in all - I don't get the TWM case but other than that it seems straight forward town for me. Unlynchable list at this point in time.

TLDR:
I think SS is Mafia or VT.
I think Theorel is Town.
I think I don't want to lynch Joseph. Today.

Going to review vote switches at the end of d1, post that and then do the remaining players that have said more than 2 things.
real good. That’s how

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 31, 2018, 05:35:53 pm »

he's like

malvina explainville
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 31, 2018, 05:36:24 pm »

"look at all this explaining i can do" he might say
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 31, 2018, 06:54:52 pm »

but... you were voting for me before the explainville?
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 31, 2018, 08:00:04 pm »

Quick run-down of people from my perspective, since I'm trying hard not to get behind on this...

Robz: doesn't seem that helpful; especially missing in the early game. A number of his opinions seem to run contrary to mine, which doesn't necessarily mean scum, but does make me wary of even agreeing with him.

Awaclus: is being his usual self.

RR: Middle of the road Roadrunner. Not too worried either way just now.

silver: Being weirdly provocative, but not in an argumentative way, which I feel is in itself odd. Maybe too odd a change in behaviour for him to be actual scum, where he'd want to be more careful. I could still believe mime, maybe.

Theorel: towny, pushing the game along. Not lynching here.

Space: Spaaaaace :-) Just to be clear, I'm not advocating a space-lynch here!

Joseph: Well, the mimes are lucky if he's one of them, because I always want to lynch him. I do think he's non-mime here, because of the slip about the goons, but I'm happy to keep him off the table for the moment.

TWM: I could vote here from omgus, and he's also another player whose thoughts on what we ought to do now run opposite to mine, but actually he posted some pretty reasonable stuff earlier on, so maybe he's not all bad.

schadd: I feel like he's usually more creative and expansive. But then when I re-read, he _has_ been posting commentary and things, it's just all pretty null and not constructive. Maybe he's nullish-scummy?

DatSwan: He's oddly on top of some small bits of setup stuff, but also kind of disengaged. He's a reasonable candidate for someone with a non-town wincon, but I'm not currently sure which way.

IDP: Reads as plain old town to me.

Meh, the existence of mimes makes me really wary of voting, especially after how well I tripped into voting Lekkit in D1.
I think vote: schadd is safer than some of the others, and has a reasonable chance of being scum.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 31, 2018, 09:11:30 pm »

i mean yes, i was voting for you before #310. i'm referring to your habit holistically; low affect / engagement, high explaininess

i also suppose i'm allowed to provide whatever is most salient at the moment i'm asked

i somewhat think less than both of space and datswan are scum which is fun

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2018, 10:46:13 am »

Yes you are:

OMG Joseph is like confirmed!mime at this point.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2018, 12:38:27 pm »

yeah robz is probably town or mime

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2018, 01:31:31 pm »

Yes you are:

OMG Joseph is like confirmed!mime at this point.
I'm not a mime. Although if you want to use that to not lynch me, that's fine

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2018, 03:25:51 pm »

Space's reads makes me townier on them (not because I agree with the reads, but just because of how they are). However, not too wild about the schadd vote.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2018, 04:43:25 pm »

i mean yes, i was voting for you before #310. i'm referring to your habit holistically; low affect / engagement, high explaininess

i also suppose i'm allowed to provide whatever is most salient at the moment i'm asked

I still don't get it.... I mean I don't care anymore either lol but like if I always have a "low affect/engagement, high explaininess" approach... then how does that ping me for skum?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2018, 06:19:20 pm »

I think it is 0/2. FWIW.
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2018, 06:23:40 pm »

However, not too wild about the schadd vote.

Who do you think I should have picked, given my reads on everyone?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2018, 07:28:17 pm »

more S'PLAINING for my lower case amigo:

People that seem out of character:

1) (why not lead with him) Schaad - going back and reading posts just like very light on the town helping side from someone that normally has some solid insights.

2) IDPTG - way quieter than usual. that's pretty much it. don't really think it means anything, just including him.

3) TWM - No DAMA posts so far. def skummy.
real good. That’s how

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2018, 08:25:19 pm »

I still don't get it.... I mean I don't care anymore either lol but like if I always have a "low affect/engagement, high explaininess" approach... then how does that ping me for skum?
i meant, in this game in particular

1) (why not lead with him) Schaad - going back and reading posts just like very light on the town helping side from someone that normally has some solid insights.
you've played with me once and i was scum?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30  All

Page created in 2.462 seconds with 20 queries.