Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hello and Happy New Year!  (Read 1212 times)

SamKennedy

• Pawn
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Hello and Happy New Year!
« on: January 01, 2018, 08:36:11 am »
+4

Hello everyone!

I received Dominion for Christmas, and me and my wife were immediately addicted to it, we've already bought the Prosperity expansion and are loving it.

I'm looking to get more in depth into the strategy of the game, I've read some of the articles on this site and I understand the basics of building engines, however I've had mixed results. Sometimes my engines come together well, other times they completely fall apart.

I'm studying computer science so hopefully I can contribute something towards simulating various strategies.

If there are any recommended articles for beginners that would be great, otherwise I'll be on dominion.games getting some more experience :)

All the best for the New Year!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12863
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Hello and Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 09:21:01 am »
+2

Welcome!

One common pitfall is that you get a bunch of advice and practice online and then your IRL opponents don't stand any chance against you and then nobody wants to play against you (happened to me and a lot of others here). If your wife also reads the forums and plays online, this won't be a problem, though.

Almost all of the articles are written with all expansions full random in mind, so it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with all the cards first. When you're familiar with all the cards, basically all of the articles and the comments posted on them afterwards are useful to varying degrees — the more specific the topic is, the less important it is to learn. There are a couple of articles that are intended to be newbie-friendly, such as this one, that don't require you to know all the cards, but depending on how much of a n00b you are right now, they might just be telling you what you already know.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.