Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Christmas Kingdoms 2017  (Read 22265 times)

Boffo

• Pawn
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Kingdoms 2017
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2018, 08:22:43 pm »
+1

Shouldn't Grinch say 'Reveal and Gain...'? Otherwise everyone else will have to guess whether to be unhappy or not.
The idea was that the cards would be riddled with things people could nitpick about, for the people who really enjoy nitpicking. Fun for everyone!

Yes, but it's only natural for nitpickers to try and work out what were the INTENTIONAL vagaries, and which ones are those that were genuinely overlooked.  :D

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +192
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Kingdoms 2017
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2018, 03:38:41 am »
+1

When I play something like Nobles, Mill or Harem with Magic Hat, do I also receive their effects? Could I also play a Night/Victory if one existed?

Edit: Magic Hat is also bad in the German translations which add "Bei Spielende" ("at the end of the game") to many Victory cards.
You do get the effects of playing the VP cards, and can play a Victory-whatever.

I don't make design decisions based on translation mistakes. For a while, when I knew that the German Duration cards incorrectly used a dividing line, I thought, well, don't make a card that makes that matter, and I probably wasn't going to anyway. But Enchantress makes it matter so there.

I think they do this on Dutch durations too. I'll check when I get home.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.