Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Trader + Changeling  (Read 935 times)

JThorne

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
Trader + Changeling
« on: December 22, 2017, 05:15:43 pm »

Trader in hand. Buy anything, reveal Trader, gain a silver.

1. Choose to trigger Changeling. Give the Silver back, triggering a gain on Changeling.

2. Reveal Trader. Instead of gaining the Changeling, gain a Silver. Go back to step 1.

Isn't this an infinite loop? Couldn't you then buy Triumph for infinite points, because you DID gain infinite Silvers (If you are one of those guys, please substitute "arbitrarily large number" for "infinite".) There are probably other things you can do with it, but this seems like it needs errata, or perhaps I'm missing something.

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1454
    • View Profile
Re: Trader + Changeling
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 05:29:46 pm »
+4

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure you do not actually gain Changelings in this way--you exchange them, which is different from gaining (Travellers work on the same principle).  Trader cannot be revealed in step two since you didn't gain Changeling, you exchanged Silver for it. 

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
Re: Trader + Changeling
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 05:43:31 pm »
+1

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure you do not actually gain Changelings in this way--you exchange them, which is different from gaining (Travellers work on the same principle).  Trader cannot be revealed in step two since you didn't gain Changeling, you exchanged Silver for it.

Yes, when you exchange for a card, it doesn't count as gaining it. This is stated in the Adventures and Nocturne rulebooks.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.