Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Crown-Crown-Horn of Plenty-Villa  (Read 1845 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Crown-Crown-Horn of Plenty-Villa
« on: December 17, 2017, 02:41:52 pm »
+3

I'm almost sure this was already answered, but I can't find the thread.

What happens if you play a Crown A during your buy phase, choosing to play Crown B twice, choosing Horn of Plenty for the first time; choosing to gain a Villa with it?

So you play Horn of Plenty a second time now; but are you already back in your action phase now? So when you play Crown B for the second time, you now choose an action to play twice? Or, has Crown B already locked into the idea that it's being played during your buy phase?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
Re: Crown-Crown-Horn of Plenty-Villa
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 02:58:27 pm »
+1

What happens if you play a Crown A during your buy phase, choosing to play Crown B twice, choosing Horn of Plenty for the first time; choosing to gain a Villa with it?

So you play Horn of Plenty a second time now; but are you already back in your action phase now? So when you play Crown B for the second time, you now choose an action to play twice? Or, has Crown B already locked into the idea that it's being played during your buy phase?

I would think that you would play Horn of Plenty the second time during your Action phase (treasures playing during the Action phase can happen with other things like Black Market and Storyteller anyway), and then Crown B would play an action twice, because it is your Action phase.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 03:01:27 pm »

I would think that you would play Horn of Plenty the second time during your Action phase (treasures playing during the Action phase can happen with other things like Black Market and Storyteller anyway), and then Crown B would play an action twice, because it is your Action phase.

That sounds like the most literal reading of the cards to me as well. Just wasn't sure if there was some sort of stack of unfinished things that have already been set up in the buy phase that need to finish happening in the buy phase (before moving on to action phase).
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 05:05:56 pm »
+1

That sounds like the most literal reading of the cards to me as well. Just wasn't sure if there was some sort of stack of unfinished things that have already been set up in the buy phase that need to finish happening in the buy phase (before moving on to action phase).
No, the buy phase ends as soon as you resolve gaining the Villa.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 06:10:10 pm »

No, the buy phase ends as soon as you resolve gaining the Villa.

To clarify, that "no" is just about the stack of unfinished things bit? As in, Sudgy's answer is correct?

Not sure if there's an it-matters example currently, but you say as soon as you resolve gaining the Villa; does that include anything that triggers on-gain? Like if you want to reveal Watchtower to trash the incoming Villa, would it be trashed during your buy phase or during your action phase?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 06:21:20 pm »
+1

To clarify, that "no" is just about the stack of unfinished things bit? As in, Sudgy's answer is correct?

Not sure if there's an it-matters example currently, but you say as soon as you resolve gaining the Villa; does that include anything that triggers on-gain? Like if you want to reveal Watchtower to trash the incoming Villa, would it be trashed during your buy phase or during your action phase?
When you resolve Villa (in your Buy phase), you go to your Action phase. If something else triggered on the gain and hasn't resolved yet, that resolves in the Action phase; it doesn't go away, and the Action phase is where you are now.

In order to say "yes really" for any particular interaction, I have to go look at the cards and make sure. I am trying to teach a man to fish here. There's no "throw this away because the phase changed."

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 07:50:25 pm »

Both Watchtower and Villa is when-gain, so you choose which to resolve first.

If you resolve Watchtower first, and trash the Villa, that happens in your Buy phase. Then you would resolve Villa: You wouldn't be able to put it into your hand (lose track), but would get +1 Action and go to your Action phase.

If you resolve Villa first, you would get +1 Action, put the Villa in your hand and go to your Action phase. Then you could resolve Watchtower, and by that point you would be in your Action phase, but you wouldn't be able to trash or move the Villa (lose track).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.