Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Nocturne: a minor ergonomic gripe  (Read 2910 times)

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
Nocturne: a minor ergonomic gripe
« on: December 15, 2017, 07:55:06 pm »
+5

If a pile comes with an Heirloom, it says this on the cards.

But wouldn't it have been nice if things were symmetric and the Heirloom also said which pile it came with?

Peering around the box trying to remember where, say, Cursed Gold goes is a bit of a pain. Especially when another well-meaning player has already put away (visits the Wiki to look it up) Pooka.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
Re: Nocturne: a minor ergonomic gripe
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 01:52:01 am »

I guess that depends on the way you store your cards. The layout of the box with the Heirlooms and Kingdom piles blended together does get a bit confusing. However, I keep "starter decks" with all the possible necessary cards. (Copper, Estate, Shelter, Heirloom) Then each player just uses the 10 they need for that game.

This may change when my new setup will have a "tray" of all the Base cards ready to go with no setup time.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +192
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 05:38:35 am »
+1

Right, I'm gonna have to figure this out when I get Nocturne.

I usually go with 'if two or more kingdom cards require it, it goes in box X, if only one card requires it, it goes next to the card'.
So boons, hexes, states, spirits, wishes in box X, heirlooms next to their respective cards, lost in the woods with fool, bat with vampire, zombies with necromancer.

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:05:06 pm »

@OP
Worst come to worst, you can always grab a sharpie or pen, and write it onto the card itself (although I would research which ones to uses to leave minimal smudging).

I usually go with 'if two or more kingdom cards require it, it goes in box X, if only one card requires it, it goes next to the card'.
So boons, hexes, states, spirits, wishes in box X, heirlooms next to their respective cards, lost in the woods with fool, bat with vampire, zombies with necromancer.

I would assume game owners would just put away Heirlooms with their respective Kingdom cards in the same pile/slot section.  So for example: 10 Pookas + 6 Cursed Gold, or 10 Trackers + 6 Pouches in the same storage slot (assuming it'll fit... esp. with sleeves :( )
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 10:53:41 pm »

(although I would research which ones to uses to leave minimal smudging).
I've done that research: fine-point Sharpie.

However, I did that research for Pandemic Legacy. Nocturne is not a legacy game...

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 10:57:31 pm »
+3

However, I did that research for Pandemic Legacy. Nocturne is not a legacy game...

Dominion: Legacy. When you trash a card, literally trash the card.

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 11:05:43 pm »
+2

@OP
Worst come to worst, you can always grab a sharpie or pen, and write it onto the card itself (although I would research which ones to uses to leave minimal smudging).

I would assume game owners would just put away Heirlooms with their respective Kingdom cards in the same pile/slot section.  So for example: 10 Pookas + 6 Cursed Gold, or 10 Trackers + 6 Pouches in the same storage slot (assuming it'll fit... esp. with sleeves :( )
That's literally how the box insert is designed.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 04:26:27 am »
+1

Hot take: If Lucky Coin had anything to do with Fool, Pooka wasn't garbage, and Pouch and Goat didn't nombo with the Boon pile, it'd be easier to remember.

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +192
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 06:50:20 am »

@OP

I use folders with sleeves so I'm just gonna put 10 Pookas in one and 6 Cursed Gold in the one next to it.

ackmondual

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 05:03:15 pm »

Well, writing on the Heirloom card the Kingdom card it corresponds to is something that won't change and thus, you'd like to be permanent, so it shouldn't be an issue there.

Dominion: Legacy. When you trash a card, literally trash the card.
  It's nice to have 2 Trash piles :)

@OP

That's literally how the box insert is designed.
Good to know!  I have yet to see the inside the box
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 06:15:16 pm »

I guess that depends on the way you store your cards. The layout of the box with the Heirlooms and Kingdom piles blended together does get a bit confusing. However, I keep "starter decks" with all the possible necessary cards. (Copper, Estate, Shelter, Heirloom) Then each player just uses the 10 they need for that game.

This may change when my new setup will have a "tray" of all the Base cards ready to go with no setup time.

Um, all possible? There’s 256 possible sets of 10 you might have in your starting deck.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 11:12:59 pm »

3 Shelters, 7 Heirlooms, 3 Estates, 7 Copper - Just reduce to the 10 that match the setup for the Kingdom.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 12:03:52 am »

3 Shelters, 7 Heirlooms, 3 Estates, 7 Copper - Just reduce to the 10 that match the setup for the Kingdom.

Ah ok. I read it as all possible necessary decks as opposed to all possible necessary cards.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ackmondual

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 11:33:25 pm »

Aaaaagh.  Thread title clearly says "ergonomic gripe", but I keep seeing "ergonomic grip"!  ???
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.