Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part IV  (Read 140601 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Random Stuff Part IV
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2018, 03:42:13 pm »

i have 5000 boyfriends

They can't be all that impressive. Awaclus won't even open their e-mails.

Most of them work at YouTube, too.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2018, 05:07:33 pm »
+2

I think it's probably been over a year since I played Dominion Online. Not because I think ShIT have done a bad job or anything, just... I've never really felt the urge to do so. It's kinda weird, in a way. I still play Dominion face to face occasionally, but I'm probably pretty mediocre at the game now due to lack of practice.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2018, 01:54:05 pm »

I'm doing a production of Spring Awakening. I may be in over my head. That music is actually quite tough.

Oh well, it'll be exciting, and I get to portray a horny teenager. Fun times.
A man has no signature

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2018, 06:26:18 pm »

I get to portray a horny teenager
hey same
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2018, 04:22:02 pm »

My armchair conspiracy theory based on very limited observations: Red-light cameras are more prevalent in poorer neighborhoods because drivers in affluent neighborhoods are more likely to fight the citations, which diminishes the revenue raised by the red-light cameras. I'm ready to be refuted.
A man has no signature

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2018, 06:28:25 am »
+2

A friend of mine is having dental work done on Valentines day. I need some good wisdom tooth related puns to annoy her with. Possibly to make into a faux valentines day card as well for extra amusement.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2018, 02:47:23 pm »

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2018, 09:31:11 am »
+1

A friend of mine is having dental work done on Valentines day. I need some good wisdom tooth related puns to annoy her with. Possibly to make into a faux valentines day card as well for extra amusement.

Back when I could afford to remove only one wisdom tooth, I was awake for the whole thing. It sounded horrible as the doctor broke the tooth. You could say that nobody deserves a break-up on Valentine's Day.

Probably unlikely your friend's getting gassed. Missed opportunity for saying she's left breathless (thanks, Futurama).

But if she's going under, then there could be puns about being swept off her feet or being dizzy.

And I would only recommend this if she has the darkest of humor since this is making light of a legitimate problem. Leave a card for her to wake up to with hearts on it and the caption, "Was it good for you?" Actually I feel bad suggesting that now, but I don't know how black your friend's humor is.
A man has no signature

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2018, 12:45:15 pm »

That last one is hilarious. Sadly I'm not actually going to be seeing her tomorrow, so a card for right after wouldn't work, but she'd definitely enjoy it (the card, that is) - plus as you say I don't think it's going to be a general anesthesia, just local.

Anyway, on more unrelated, random stuff notes, yesterday I watched part of an ISIS recruitment video (as part of training to prevent people being radicalised, just to clarify). It was REALLY not what I expected. Very ordinary looking (probably would be like PG13 if it was rated), with it's own catchy theme song they've written about joining a holy cause etc. Heck, even the guy doing the training said that they "sometimes find themselves singing it around the office". Note that I don't recommend trying to look up the video, unless you want to be on a list somewhere, plus you probably won't find it outside of the dark web.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2018, 01:04:46 pm »

I've also seen an ISIS recruitment video (as a part of being an edgelord on the Internet, just to clarify). Honestly they made it sound pretty appealing, it could have easily been an ad for a company that provides some sort of military-themed recreational activities.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2018, 02:18:47 pm »
+1

I've also seen an ISIS recruitment video (as a part of being an edgelord on the Internet, just to clarify). Honestly they made it sound pretty appealing, it could have easily been an ad for a company that provides some sort of military-themed recreational activities.

Well yeah you don't radicalize people by screaming death to infidels or the holocaust was a hoax, you gotta put a nice face on it. And some production value doesn't hurt. Smile, be courteous, and offer something people feel they're missing. A sense of community, or validation, or even just a fun adventure.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2018, 02:41:50 pm »
+1

scientology also has pretty nice videos on their website.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2018, 07:52:03 pm »

Back when I could afford to remove only one wisdom tooth, I was awake for the whole thing. It sounded horrible as the doctor broke the tooth. You could say that nobody deserves a break-up on Valentine's Day.

I did the same thing, but with all three of my wisdom teeth.  (Fear of general anesthesia, and the gas sent me into a terrible panic, so local only.)  I actually thought the cracking and stuff was pretty cool!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2018, 10:41:20 pm »
+1

I had six wisdom teeth! I had them put me under. Really don't think I could have handled being awake for that... I'm a weenie.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2018, 10:19:53 am »
+1

I did the same thing, but with all three of my wisdom teeth.  (Fear of general anesthesia, and the gas sent me into a terrible panic, so local only.)  I actually thought the cracking and stuff was pretty cool!

Aw man, one tooth was good enough for me to go through it with local. I did the other three when I had insurance, so I was able to afford going under. It was my first time experiencing a flexible needle though. I remarked on how I didn't even feel the prick, and he explained to me the new needles. Then he wiggled it around while the needle stayed in. That probably alarmed me most of all watching him wiggle the IV delivery shaft while experiencing no pain.

The future can be pretty awesome.

Another possible valentine wish for someone with wisdom teeth extracted could be, "Your mouth is full of cotton to soak up all that blood, and your face is so numb you can't feel how much drool you're dripping, but I would kiss you anyway, valentine."
A man has no signature

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2018, 11:32:26 pm »
+1

I had six wisdom teeth! I had them put me under. Really don't think I could have handled being awake for that... I'm a weenie.

Mutants unite!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2018, 05:44:01 pm »

Happy Chinese New Year!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2018, 06:30:41 pm »
+2

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2018, 09:52:55 am »

Fun game about an AI taking over the world with a paperclip factory. Sort of like candybox but better.

That was pretty fun, took me 4-5 hours to complete.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2018, 11:53:13 am »

Fun game about an AI taking over the world with a paperclip factory. Sort of like candybox but better.

That was pretty fun, took me 4-5 hours to complete.

Yeah, about the same for me. Lots of changing mechanics as the game went on.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2018, 03:56:27 am »

Them's Fightin' Herds is coming out in a few days.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2018, 10:17:50 am »

I don't know if it's age or what, but I'm finding myself more and more growling at myself that I already had a bowel movement less than 24 hours ago. I don't want to have another one so soon afterwards.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2018, 10:18:59 am »
+3

I don't know if it's age or what, but I'm finding myself more and more growling at myself that I already had a bowel movement less than 24 hours ago. I don't want to have another one so soon afterwards.

Maybe that kind of stuff is random.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2018, 02:36:28 pm »

Man, nothing like watching the AI in Androminion handle Rats really poorly. It was amusing to win against it, but it got tedious watching it play 14 Rats every turn.
A man has no signature

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2018, 05:33:06 pm »
+1

I only ever had three :-(

(Also, I need to post something in this thread or I'll miss finding out about all the future random things...)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.