Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part IV  (Read 5527 times)

silverspawn

• Governor
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • ♦ Twilight ♦
  • Respect: +1768
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part IV
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2018, 01:56:11 pm »

Netflix will take over the world with the skip intro button. It's now a better product than having an entire show on the harddrive.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (。 ω 。`)
  • Respect: +10994
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2018, 04:06:53 pm »
+1

Netflix will take over the world with the skip intro button. It's now a better product than having an entire show on the harddrive.

Having an entire show on the hard drive has had that feature ever since mkv chapters.

EDIT: Looked it up, chapters were introduced into mkv in 2003-08-04.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:33:24 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2018, 07:30:06 pm »

What's worth watching on Netflix these days?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +9368
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2018, 11:17:07 pm »

Does that mean they got rid of the thing where it automatically skips the intro? Because for some shows it automatically does (or did) skip the intro whenever you watch more than one episode at a time. And sometimes, like with Series of Unfortunate Events, the intro differs from episode to episode and I want to see it, which means I have to rewind. Which is annoying when I'm watching on the Wii U (which is the Netflix device I have hooked up to that TV), and the controls are sometimes unresponsive.

silverspawn

• Governor
  • ♦ Twilight ♦
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2018, 03:34:04 am »

Does that mean they got rid of the thing where it automatically skips the intro? Because for some shows it automatically does (or did) skip the intro whenever you watch more than one episode at a time.

No, it still does that

for you ... uh ... s03e06 of black mirror if you haven't seen it. maaaybe the series of unfortunate events or jessica jones.

LostPhoenix

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • The Lurker
  • Respect: +142
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2018, 01:08:30 pm »

Lost in Space looks promising, though I've only seen the first couple episodes.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +7660
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2018, 02:27:33 pm »

Most DVDs have always had a skip intro button, called next chapter. Though sometimes DVDs have poor chapter divisions where that doesn't work. In which case fast-forwarding for a few seconds does the same thing, but takes 3-5 seconds instead of 1 second.

And yeah, it's annoying with shows like Family Guy, where they will occasionally have a joke stuck in the middle of the opening credits. It's only happened like 3-4 times in the first 14 seasons, but you still have to watch (or at least fast-forward through) all the credits just in case.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

SpaceAnemone

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2018, 02:34:57 pm »

Does that mean they got rid of the thing where it automatically skips the intro? Because for some shows it automatically does (or did) skip the intro whenever you watch more than one episode at a time.

No, it still does that

for you ... uh ... s03e06 of black mirror if you haven't seen it. maaaybe the series of unfortunate events or jessica jones.

Hmm.. not a fan of Black Mirror overall, though that's going on the first season or two mostly, and I haven't seen more than the VR spaceship episode of the most recent set. They clearly like playing with "edgy" ideas, but not enough to think very far through the implications for those overall in society, so I feel like it ends up as a series of seemingly controversial but fundamentally empty statements. Also I think I like things better if they come in lots of installments like GoT. You were the one who convinced me I should give that a try, so now I'm looking for a recommendation that's at least as good :-P
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

silverspawn

• Governor
  • ♦ Twilight ♦
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2018, 05:08:48 pm »

Also I think I like things better if they come in lots of installments like GoT. You were the one who convinced me I should give that a try, so now I'm looking for a recommendation that's at least as good :-P

Well, let me know if you find something, because I've certainly never seen any show as good as first 5 seasons of GoT. The four or so shows that I think come somewhat close are all things that I don't think you'd like, including Black Mirror. But Black mirror episodes are standalone, so you can just view s03e06 as a 70 minute long movie without bothering with the rest.

I don't think Black Mirror is generally trying to have a message. I think it's mostly depicting possible futures and then sets a plausible story in them.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.