Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some heirloom ideas  (Read 1241 times)

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
Some heirloom ideas
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:00:33 am »

I really like Embargo, and how it works best in non-mirror games, but unfortunately it's so weak because nobody wants to waste time buying it.  So... it's another problem solved by heirlooms.  I don't have any plans to perfect these cards, but those of you who like making fan cards, maybe there are some ideas for you.

Allowance - Treasure, Heirloom $0
$1
If you have at least 2 Actions in play, you may trash this.  If you do, put a Prime token on a supply pile.  For each Prime token on a pile, cards from that pile cost $1 more.
The Prime token idea comes from someone else, but I don't remember who.  The only purpose of requiring 2 Actions in play is to delay the effect until around shuffle 3, by which point you can tell what strategies people are trying.

Shady Dealer - Treasure, Heirloom, $0
$1
You may reveal a Province from your hand to trash this.  If you do, choose a kingdom card supply pile.  That pile is no longer in the supply.
The idea of removing piles from the supply also came from someone else.  But now it's permanent.  This could be devastating.  I am not good at coming up with names, but the idea is that when you get provinces, your kingdom becomes more respectable and you can banish your Shady Dealer, and their goods along with them.

Bounty - Treasure, Heirloom, $0
$1
At the beginning of your Night phase, put a coin token on a supply pile.  (Whenever a player gains a card, they take all coin tokens from its pile.)
Bounty creates this little mini game of predicting which cards that you'll gain before your opponent.

I also came up with some cards to go with the Heirlooms, but these are just some basic throwaway ideas.

Town Guard - Action, $5
+1 Action
+$2
Draw up to 4 cards in hand.
Heirloom: Allowance
I don't really know what to pair with Allowance, but the idea is that draw-to-X cards tend to lead to divergent strategies, and also it defends against Militia which could be important if prime tokens are around.

Aristocrat - Action, $5
+$4
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck.  Discard one that the player on your left chooses.  Put the rest on top of your deck in any order.
Heirloom: Shady Dealer
Obviously this isn't very good, but it helps you spike that Province, which is probably pretty good.  Later Aristocrat will topdeck those provinces, or I guess discard them if your opponent is afraid of letting you trigger Shady Dealer.

Recruiter - Night, $2
Gain a card that you do not have in play costing up to $4.
Heirloom: Bounty
For a workshop variant, this isn't very good, but it helps you collect some bounty.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Some heirloom ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:11:16 am »

Prime should trigger on buying Gold or something.  Why you gotta kick BM while it's down?  It's the most susceptible to the prohibition too.

Co0kieL0rd

• Minion
  • Respect: +864
    • View Profile
Re: Some heirloom ideas
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 06:14:51 pm »
+1

Allowance - Treasure, Heirloom $0
$1
If you have at least 2 Actions in play, you may trash this.  If you do, put a Prime token on a supply pile.  For each Prime token on a pile, cards from that pile cost $1 more.
The Prime token idea comes from someone else, but I don't remember who.  The only purpose of requiring 2 Actions in play is to delay the effect until around shuffle 3, by which point you can tell what strategies people are trying.
The Prime token idea is mine. I'm using it in my set Roots and Renewal (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=11563.0) and there aren't multiple Prime tokens, just one shared by all players.
If you'd like yours to be different, I ask you to change the name to avoid confusion. Otherwise, if you want to use my mechanic, please give me credit at least.
Check out my fan cards!
Dominion: Seasons - a small set Asper and I made that revolves around a unique and original mechanic
Roots and Renewal - this set is about interacting with the Supply and manipulating your opening turns
Flash cards - trying out a new concept
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.