Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Start of turn question  (Read 2081 times)

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Start of turn question
« on: December 10, 2017, 06:27:30 pm »
+2

The following question is inspired by a situation on dominion.games, where I'm unsure if it was handled correctly.

I had set aside an Imp with Prince and one turn I played a Transmogrify via the Princed Imp at the start of my turn. Should I or should I have not been given the option the call the just played Transmogrify for its effect (on the same turn)?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Start of turn question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 07:02:33 pm »
+2

I think you should have been able to do so.  The Princed action should still have been part of the "start of turn", because you might have followed that with another Princed action.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:12:49 pm »
+6

The following question is inspired by a situation on dominion.games, where I'm unsure if it was handled correctly.

I had set aside an Imp with Prince and one turn I played a Transmogrify via the Princed Imp at the start of my turn. Should I or should I have not been given the option the call the just played Transmogrify for its effect (on the same turn)?
You should get to call that Transmogrify.

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:18:20 am »

Then the game was working OK. Thanks for the answers!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:19:45 am by Ingix »

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 10:51:40 pm »
+1

As an aside, Imp is a lovely target for Prince, isn't it? If Imp is the first card you play each turn, the restriction fades into irrelevance and it becomes (almost exactly) a Laboratory that costs "up to $4".

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 11:09:46 pm »
+2

As an aside, Imp is a lovely target for Prince, isn't it? If Imp is the first card you play each turn, the restriction fades into irrelevance and it becomes (almost exactly) a Laboratory that costs "up to $4".

Not only that, but you can use it to pull neat tricks like playing a Vault, discarding your hand, and then calling Guide. Or playing KC-KC-(engine) to draw your entire deck, then calling Transmogrify with your whole deck in hand.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 12:56:35 pm »
+1

Not only that, but you can use it to pull neat tricks like playing a Vault, discarding your hand, and then calling Guide. Or playing KC-KC-(engine) to draw your entire deck, then calling Transmogrify with your whole deck in hand.

It's impressive, but it can be impractical to do that without your deck imploding.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.