Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (GAME OVER - EVIL PLAYERS WIN)  (Read 126356 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (Day 2)
« Reply #875 on: January 04, 2018, 10:45:32 pm »

Not saying you are wrong and I am right for sure, it is def a matter of opinion, but I assume Town frustration on set ups more often than the other way around.

Well, scum!Galz and scum!ashersky were pretty frustrated with the Hammer Hero setup problem in Mafia 100.

I wasn't in that game. I will have to look at it.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 04, 2018, 11:49:36 pm »

@IDPTG: Any thoughts on the whole me/O/gkrieg thing (and on Galz while you're at it) ? What about Robe v mcmc ?

I think a gkrieg flip tells us a lot, but I don"t think that's a reason to lynch him. Not sure what I think if you yet. As for O, I've scumread people in the past for getting set-ups as wrong as this Ascetic deal, but it's never panned out well so I'm inclined to think it's town!O.

As for Robz vs mcmc, I think mcmc is the townier of the two, but it's not a super strong read.

Why does my flip give a lot of information compared to other people?

In my opinion, (assuming you're active and are using your shots) the alignment of the possible redirection clarifies some of the results that have been discussed today.

Really?  Everything checks out with night actions without me...

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 04, 2018, 11:53:27 pm »

@IDPTG: Any thoughts on the whole me/O/gkrieg thing (and on Galz while you're at it) ? What about Robe v mcmc ?

I think a gkrieg flip tells us a lot, but I don"t think that's a reason to lynch him. Not sure what I think if you yet. As for O, I've scumread people in the past for getting set-ups as wrong as this Ascetic deal, but it's never panned out well so I'm inclined to think it's town!O.

As for Robz vs mcmc, I think mcmc is the townier of the two, but it's not a super strong read.

Why does my flip give a lot of information compared to other people?

In my opinion, (assuming you're active and are using your shots) the alignment of the possible redirection clarifies some of the results that have been discussed today.

Really?  Everything checks out with night actions without me...

I'll take another look so I can better articulate what I was talking about.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (N0)
« Reply #878 on: January 05, 2018, 12:39:50 am »

Vote Count 2.5

Teproc (1): DatSwan
O (4): ashersky, EFHW, Eevee, Galzria
mcmcsalot (1): Robz888
Robz888 (2): chairs, mcmcsalot
Galzria (2): Teproc, O
ashersky(1): IDontPlayThisGame
IDontPlayThisGame(1): gkrieg13

Not Voting (0):
With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 will end January 8th at 7:00 PM

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 05, 2018, 01:02:51 am »

Not saying you are wrong and I am right for sure, it is def a matter of opinion, but I assume Town frustration on set ups more often than the other way around.

Well, scum!Galz and scum!ashersky were pretty frustrated with the Hammer Hero setup problem in Mafia 100.

You're correct. I was. As was Ash. Because that role and setup were broken against scum. You admitted it yourself as the mod, and due to a similarly broke mechanic actually rerolled your next game.

What's broken against scum to be frustrated about here? Assume everybody but me has told the truth and is town. Then town has...?

Alive:
Roleblocker (O; UB)
JoaT with a burned Doc shot (Teproc)
Neighborizer (mcmc)

Dead:
Roleblocker (Joseph)

That's a weak town list still alive. Hell, throw me in and it's still a weak town list still alive. Not to mention scum are all-knowledgeable now. What do I have to fear and gain by blowing the whole thing up as scum?

You're attempting to draw parallels between this game and M100 when, honestly, there's nothing even close even assuming all of the above are town.

The frustration is in the lazy ass argument that "Nah, they're probably all town" - especially from myself knowing I'm a PR. It's in an acceptance and belief that with 13 players, it's "ok and reasonable" to expect 5+ town PR's and 3 scum PR's (as proposed by... EFHW? I think). %62+ of a normal game shouldn't be PR's. Strength is irrelevant. It's about being able to reasonably say/argue - "wait a second, I KNOW I'm a PR. And A claimed PR, and B claimed PR, and C claimed PR, and D claimed PR... well, that's not right". If I wanted to play in that style game (and sometimes I do!) I would sign up for a  Role Madness.

So my base assumption, based on the fact that this is classified as a normal game is that ALL of us aren't actually town.

Regardless, whatever. You can all feel free to disagree. My vote is where I want it and I'm content.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 05, 2018, 01:04:38 am »

Sorry, one point wrong above:

You didn't reroll your next game due to a similarly broke mechanic. You DID reroll, and the game DID contain a broken role, but the two issues were not related.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 05, 2018, 03:09:25 am »

One of gkrieg’s posts sounded like “you are catching onto me for the wrong reasons” kind of reasoning. 

Cool points for Datswan for catching the song.

Gkrieg missing my clear O tunnel is strange.

There’s def scum in {Galz - o - Robz - Mcmc - Teproc}, maybe two.

Chairs is town.

Continued LA for another week and a half, but I am reading every day. 
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 05, 2018, 03:10:28 am »

On the question from someone about being the lynch with a specific hammerer, def open to it so long as it is to take out the hammerer (and not me) and I agree on the target.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 05, 2018, 03:47:08 am »

On the question from someone about being the lynch with a specific hammerer, def open to it so long as it is to take out the hammerer (and not me) and I agree on the target.

If you had to pick a target from you "There’s def scum in {Galz - o - Robz - Mcmc - Teproc}, maybe two." list - who would it be?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 05, 2018, 04:27:45 am »

well I wasted a ton of time typing out a big old thing that just ended in me contradicting myself all over the place. somehow I find myself this early in the game fairly certain of a combo skum team pairing, but as no one seems willing to go for the other half with me for now I will switch to:

vote: O
real good. That’s how

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: January 05, 2018, 05:10:00 am »

Well, I think O is the leat likely person to be scum in the whole game, so congrats !

If gkrieg is town, I don't see how O can be scum at all. Why would he claim to have roleblocked me ? All he has to do is to say he did nothing, and the lynch is either me or gkrieg.

And even if gkrieg is scum, he's putting himself out there by doing that... it could be, though, but I don't see any reason to lynch O over gkrieg (and I'm not as enthusiastic about lynching gkrieg as  before, he's had a townie day 2).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 05, 2018, 05:15:14 am »

Thinking "they"re probably all town" is not lazy, it simply is the simplest explanation. You (Galz) continue to be incapable of actually explaining why any of this happens if I'm scum, and as explained above I think it's ridiculous to lynch O over gkrieg, but none of you guys seem to be taking the time to actually think this situation through. Which, in your case (and probably Swan's) is pretty easy to explain, because town!you isn't that sloppy. I don't remember who quoted a post of mine saying they agreed but Galz being wrong doesn't make them scum : oh but it does. Town!Galz isn't this wrong.

I've been accused of OMGUSing Galz, and it's completely true. Because town!Galz doesn't S so much, therefore he's scum.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 05, 2018, 05:16:25 am »

Everyone voting O should explain exactly why O claimed when he did, and in what world he's scum without gkrieg being scum.

Everyone voting me should explain exactly what role I have and what motivation I had for claiming.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 05, 2018, 05:18:20 am »

That's a weak town list still alive. Hell, throw me in and it's still a weak town list still alive.

[..]

So my base assumption, based on the fact that this is classified as a normal game is that ALL of us aren't actually town.

This does not even come close to adding up. You can't say "this is underpowered town" AND "this is too much power for town to have in a normal game". I mean, duh. How do you justify that... I mean it's not even a leap of logic, it's just ignoring any notiong of logic at all.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 05, 2018, 05:19:17 am »

If you had to pick a target from you "There’s def scum in {Galz - o - Robz - Mcmc - Teproc}, maybe two." list - who would it be?

This is scum figuring out who is lynchable, not town figuring out who's scum.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 05, 2018, 07:00:18 am »

unvote

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 05, 2018, 07:03:41 am »

Actually, I think I want to lynch Swan more than Galz. I've been wrong about Galz before for somewhat similar reasons, but this is exactly the same Swan as in... whataver the game was where I replaced LL and promptly got lynched, but Swan and Skumpy won for the scumteam after that.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 05, 2018, 07:04:17 am »

vote: Swan

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 05, 2018, 07:04:39 am »

ash, why is chairs town ?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 05, 2018, 07:30:02 am »

responding to swan. I think its as interesting to me that you wouldn't neiborize galz N0 as you are that I would neighboring robz. It was N0, no reads to go off, no powers to go off, just the fact that lots of the time I decide to signup to play so I have another reason to talk to my brother who I miss, so having a power to be able to talk with him more, I fully believe I would have neighborized him as either allignment.

I can also confirm I did not neighborize robz last night.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 05, 2018, 11:46:33 am »

I think everyone presenting these 4 candidate lists seems scummy when we have had no role related reason to arbitrarily reduce the lynch pool.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that all four are town (or three are town and MCMC is scum, and just being included because other scum correctly don't think he's a likely lynch)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 05, 2018, 11:51:24 am »

well I wasted a ton of time typing out a big old thing that just ended in me contradicting myself all over the place. somehow I find myself this early in the game fairly certain of a combo skum team pairing, but as no one seems willing to go for the other half with me for now I will switch to:

Can you actually spell out how the Teproc!O combo makes sense?

Like our actions don't disprove it I guess but theres I don't get why you'd assume it either

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 05, 2018, 12:09:15 pm »

@DatSwan, I'm wondering why you typed up so much on how Galz is acting strangely when you had already decided he was a strong town read.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 05, 2018, 12:26:46 pm »

ash, why is chairs town ?

I also would like to know this.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 05, 2018, 03:52:32 pm »

Can you actually spell out how the Teproc!O combo makes sense?

Like our actions don't disprove it I guess but theres I don't get why you'd assume it either

I could indeed :)
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.