Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (GAME OVER - EVIL PLAYERS WIN)  (Read 126286 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M111: Super Smash Bros Melee (Day 2)
« Reply #850 on: January 04, 2018, 02:59:33 pm »

He does seem scummy, but I don't think his flipping scum should implicate Robz.

No I don’t think his flipping scum would say much about robz alignment, rather I was thinking robz flipping scum would slightly implicate galz as scummy as it would mean galz’s tirade has the added benefit of distracting from what’s I felt to be a growing suspicion of robz.

This theory is not as strong as I thought when I said it though. I incorrectly remembered galz doing a similar thing to protect me from suspicion when we were scum together in pirates mafia but after some minor rereading of that game I don’t think that’s what happened so my “scum!galz likes to defend partners by plunging headlong into a new discussion and distancing from their suspicion” theory isn’t backed up by fact.

Can you point me to the growing suspicion of Robz?  I was just rereading and didn't get that vibe.  I got the vibe of a growing suspicion of O, and a growing suspicion of galz, but not of Robz.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 04, 2018, 03:00:34 pm »

vote: ash

I've seen drunk typing and that's not that.

Really?  That is what you choose to comment on?  vote: IDPTG

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 04, 2018, 03:01:46 pm »

Ok, well I now have to go finish yard work and general clean up.  I'll try to be around more later today though.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 04, 2018, 03:11:27 pm »

Oh, forgot to post these reads.

Galz - Pretty null.  He is holding on to this conspiracy theory that he has, even when it doesn't make the most sense.  It is either tunneling O/Teproc because they are town, or he is just holding on to a conspiracy theory (I think I more often do that as town).  So maybe on the townie side of null.

O - The way he claimed was townie, especially because scum!O would've known I was town, and wouldn't have saved me (having to worry about EFHW as a tracker doesn't seem like that big of a deal).

Teproc - his reactions and defenses have been scummy, but I'm not sure I get why he does what he did as scum, except as an attempt to get town points if both he and O are scum.  They may have figured that their role interactions would give town points to Teproc, and not have as bad an impact on O.  But still, he is pretty 50/50 for me.  The way he came out accusing me of redirection and not considering being roleblocked is townie, I think, but the OMGUS of galzria is pretty scummy IMO.

EFHW - It seems like she is trying to paint O as scum a little too hard, using probability stuff that I don't completely agree with

Robz - Everything he has done so far makes sense to me.  Townie.

Mcmcsalot - He is scummy to me.  He is disregarding cases on himself without really defending them and his case on me wasn't good, considering the amount he has been tunneling me.  The fact that he still wants to continue to tunnel me when I have had townie reactions to Teproc today is scummy. 

IDPTG - commenting on ash instead of everything else is scummy.

ash - still on the townie side, but that read got much less strong after his last few comments, with not really being invested in the game.  I would expect town!ash to be tunneling someone at this point.

Everyone else, I don't remember enough, and would gladly lynch.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 04, 2018, 03:25:23 pm »

He does seem scummy, but I don't think his flipping scum should implicate Robz.

No I don’t think his flipping scum would say much about robz alignment, rather I was thinking robz flipping scum would slightly implicate galz as scummy as it would mean galz’s tirade has the added benefit of distracting from what’s I felt to be a growing suspicion of robz.

This theory is not as strong as I thought when I said it though. I incorrectly remembered galz doing a similar thing to protect me from suspicion when we were scum together in pirates mafia but after some minor rereading of that game I don’t think that’s what happened so my “scum!galz likes to defend partners by plunging headlong into a new discussion and distancing from their suspicion” theory isn’t backed up by fact.

Can you point me to the growing suspicion of Robz?  I was just rereading and didn't get that vibe.  I got the vibe of a growing suspicion of O, and a growing suspicion of galz, but not of Robz.

I guess I can answer both your questions at once, robz case on me was bad because its literally "mcmc tried to get me to reveal if I am dp or not" which is factually completely inacurate as I have laid out because I was merely pointing out the statistical advantages of confirming no scum dp exists while not losing any mislynches while gaining a night of results to deal with instead of a day one Lynch based of nothing because we had two players quit and more being inactive. Also the theory that as scum I brashly come up with a plan to get robz to disclose if he is death proof instead of just try and get him mislynched or use the oracle shot.

The growing suspicion of robz may be less than I though but it felt like after my defense and explaination of what I said to robz and why most people did not think it was a good case and that robz was slightly scummy for A) proposing it and B) outing me as a pr for no reason. if he is town that was kinda unnecessary and crappy.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: January 04, 2018, 03:26:32 pm »

I'm not convinced he's scum. My vote is still on him for rudeness. I'm thinking of moving to Galz. O's extreme defensiveness could be flailing scum, but I'm leaning towards reading it as outraged town.

Saying this entirely independently of game events -- I honestly don't know which part is the part that was rude to you, so I can't apologize very easily for it. Most of the flourish of my posts is written entirely facetiously, since that's the persona I had on this forum when I was younger.

If it's the "bastardization of proof" or "truly amazing deductive skills" none of that was intended to be serious at all in tone, or personally aimed at you (more aimed at post-event rationalization in general that happens on F.DS) and i'm sorry if it was poorly executed.
Ok, thank you.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 04, 2018, 03:28:58 pm »

@IDPTG: Any thoughts on the whole me/O/gkrieg thing (and on Galz while you're at it) ? What about Robe v mcmc ?

I think a gkrieg flip tells us a lot, but I don"t think that's a reason to lynch him. Not sure what I think if you yet. As for O, I've scumread people in the past for getting set-ups as wrong as this Ascetic deal, but it's never panned out well so I'm inclined to think it's town!O.

As for Robz vs mcmc, I think mcmc is the townier of the two, but it's not a super strong read.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 04, 2018, 03:35:54 pm »

That said, I think scum!mcmc flipping would also be rather informative.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 04, 2018, 03:40:12 pm »

Want to lynch: Mcmc

Would lynch: IDP, Galz, chairs

Null: DS, ash

Leaning town: EFHW, gkrieg, Teproc, O, Eevee
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 04, 2018, 03:42:24 pm »

Wait datswan is still in this game good god. Need to do a post count soon. Just for my sanity.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 04, 2018, 03:53:11 pm »

I am back as of this morning. Holidays hit harder than I expected. Will do the whatever posts in a sec here  and be around going forward.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 04, 2018, 03:58:31 pm »

5 town PRs would not be RMM. You played Lost Mafia and M100 which were closer to RMM than this would be, but I guess that's another discussion. The RMM-y thing here is that there are multiple possibilities for redirection, but again: not really the time and place for that discussion I think.

Also, yeah, O could be scum. mcmc could be scum too. I don't see that the fact that they're claiming PRs makes them more likely than anyone else to be.

Yes this 100%. Even in like the normal JK+ or C9+ or whatever it is, you can easily get 5 town PRs out of 13.

Galz seems to be making an argument for what he'd like the setup to be, rather than what it clearly is. This does strike me as a frustrated scum thing, more often than not.

I was 100% convinced Robz was town until I read this post.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 04, 2018, 04:00:49 pm »

5 town PRs would not be RMM. You played Lost Mafia and M100 which were closer to RMM than this would be, but I guess that's another discussion. The RMM-y thing here is that there are multiple possibilities for redirection, but again: not really the time and place for that discussion I think.

Also, yeah, O could be scum. mcmc could be scum too. I don't see that the fact that they're claiming PRs makes them more likely than anyone else to be.

Yes this 100%. Even in like the normal JK+ or C9+ or whatever it is, you can easily get 5 town PRs out of 13.

Galz seems to be making an argument for what he'd like the setup to be, rather than what it clearly is. This does strike me as a frustrated scum thing, more often than not.

You've evaded my question every time. Good job.

lol you are like the last person on the planet that should get to say that. Maybe with the exception of Awaclus...
real good. That’s how

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 04, 2018, 04:17:54 pm »

Why were you convinced I was town, and why did this remark change your mind?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 04, 2018, 04:23:26 pm »

@IDPTG: Any thoughts on the whole me/O/gkrieg thing (and on Galz while you're at it) ? What about Robe v mcmc ?

I think a gkrieg flip tells us a lot, but I don"t think that's a reason to lynch him. Not sure what I think if you yet. As for O, I've scumread people in the past for getting set-ups as wrong as this Ascetic deal, but it's never panned out well so I'm inclined to think it's town!O.

As for Robz vs mcmc, I think mcmc is the townier of the two, but it's not a super strong read.

Why does my flip give a lot of information compared to other people?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 04, 2018, 04:27:18 pm »

I found peace in your violence

Marshmello!
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 04, 2018, 04:30:12 pm »

OK I am essentially done, and I will post up all the stuff shortly to follow. Two things are for certain:

1) Galz should not get lynched today.
2) There is Skum in Robz, MCMC, Teproc, O
real good. That’s how

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 04, 2018, 04:30:42 pm »

In my opinion, (assuming you're active and are using your shots) the alignment of the possible redirection clarifies some of the results that have been discussed today.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 04, 2018, 04:35:47 pm »

In my opinion, (assuming you're active and are using your shots) the alignment of the possible redirection clarifies some of the results that have been discussed today.

i dont see how the results of today change...

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 04, 2018, 04:48:14 pm »

OK I am essentially done, and I will post up all the stuff shortly to follow. Two things are for certain:

Ooo I so glad you came back, I agree wholeheartedly! You should vote though I don’t think you are.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: January 04, 2018, 09:04:27 pm »

Ooo I so glad you came back, I agree wholeheartedly! You should vote though I don’t think you are.

99% sure I am on Tep
real good. That’s how

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 04, 2018, 09:07:08 pm »

Yooooohoooooo where is everyone, drunk ama

Still getting to that post count and there will be scolding

Ppe: sure about what yoda?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 04, 2018, 10:34:17 pm »

Why were you convinced I was town, and why did this remark change your mind?

I should moderately rephrase: I was "as convinced as I could be at this point that you were town". And that is just based off the same as reads I have on anyone, your interactions seemed of that of a Town Player (specifically in regards to your interactions with MCMC). I also believe that if I was playing with a Twin Claim and I had MCMC's role as skum, I would def NZ my twin N0 if possible. All that being said, I still am not saying I think you are skum, just less sure of town. And the reason is because I disagree with the statement. Not saying you are wrong and I am right for sure, it is def a matter of opinion, but I assume Town frustration on set ups more often than the other way around.
real good. That’s how

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 04, 2018, 10:37:55 pm »

Not saying you are wrong and I am right for sure, it is def a matter of opinion, but I assume Town frustration on set ups more often than the other way around.

Well, scum!Galz and scum!ashersky were pretty frustrated with the Hammer Hero setup problem in Mafia 100.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 04, 2018, 10:44:30 pm »

Keeping it brief...

Stuff from earlier in the game:

1) Robz and MCMC - You are both town... I think...but either way just stop. I don't think anyone cares about what you are saying in your side thread so either just say it in here or keep the door shut on it. Or don't, whatever, but if you are town you should appreciate that all you are doing is diverting attention from important stuff at this time. I think they are both Town. If we live in a world where one has to be skum, I guess Robz, but I don't think we live in that world.
---@ MCMC: question that was asked that I did not see the answer for (could of missed it).... why in the holy hell would you NZ your brobro N0?---

2) Night Actions (I think I got this right):
- Teproc used 1 shot doc on Faust
- But Faust died
- Because O used his inherited RB power on Teproc?
   ...So yeah, on one hand I agree with the mindset of "too convoluted to be made up", but on the other I do smell a little "too good to be true" here as well. It kind of just comes down to O using the RB on Teproc thing. Last game I played in this situation I was way off on my assumptions so that could just be the case, but just the whole thing seems off. That being said imo the mis reading of the Ascetic thing seems towny.

3) Just throwing this in here. We should not forget about the Ash Bowser claim at the end yadda yadda thing.

Newer Stuff:

1) Return of the Galz
- He was super quiet for a while (although I can speak to him being on Vacation, and a well deserved one at that). But still, quiet is weird. FWIW last time I played with him and quiet was weird he died N1 and was the Mother of all Awesome Role for town and it lost them the game. Not saying it has to be the same (I have never actually played a game with Skum!Galz) but worth mentioning.
- This part is weird. His responses are wayyyyy different then usual. I am not going to waste my breathe explaining how that is true, I am sure everyone has noticed it.
- No one cares about whether the game set up is fair or not, or whatever classified correctly or not. I cannot possibly see what you gain from opening a convo in game on that topic so I would suggest steering clear of it until after and not wasting time.
--------To that point. Game notes state it is created for 12 players (with 3 skum). We have 14. There was a note saying something like "there may be more skum). Assuming that in this case it would not be BOTH of the adds, we are looking at a 3-4 player Skum Team. -----------
- For *reasons*, I do not want to lynch Galz and at this point he is, regardless of everything, my strongest town read.

2) Drunk Ash?
- No idea what to make of this. Insight would be neat. is there a cipher somewhere?
- Vote on him is kind of odd based solely on the reasons stated.

Towny: Eevee, Galz, EFHW

Null-Towny: Robz, MCMC,

Null: IDPTG, Chairs

Null-Skummy: O, Ash, GK

Skummy: Teproc

Request a Vote Count Please :)
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 20 queries.